Racist Bangkok taxi driver doesn't accept Japanese passengers

webfact

Prayuth Thainese does not mean that Thais should be looked down by Farang like Japanese.

There are pride in every Thais.

If Japs make Thai loose their jobs, they have tthe right to stand up and fight for his/her freedom.

Viva le Siam.

If he had been doing his job correctly he wouldn't have lost it. He was working in the public sector, which means he has to serve the public, not rip them off. He should have been prosecuted as well,not just lose his job.

What is Thainese ? a new breed of dog like pekingese perhaps ?

• Like 1

Both Thais and Japanese are part of the mongoloid race, so how is one "racist" against one's own race? Biased, prejudiced, bigoted perhaps, but not "racist."

Mongoloid is now considered a derogatory word.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what would be correct, race of the ''down syndrome eyes'' perhaps

i ever saw a bar who displayed a sign " no african customers allowed ". i asked the lady and she said drunk african customers often cause trouble.

Somebidy posted a funny sign from Suk or Pattaya somewhere a while back it said something like

"No Arabe can sit here. We Respect your culture. We don't want you drinking alcohol and accosting women"

• Like 1

For all the times I was refused a taxi in Japan and Japanese people tried to justify that behavior, I can't help but feel a sense of justice in taxi drivers rejecting Japanese passengers.

Reallllllly? Jesus, you must look like absolute crap then, because never once in my 7 years of living in japan (tokyo, hamamatsu, nagano and saitama (as well as travelling all over the country)), have i been refused service by a japanese taxi driver. The idea would be mind boggling to be honest. It just does not happen.

Even with a whopping great snowboard bag ive had zero problems flagging down the first taxi with a light on and gaining entrance.

A quick ranking of refused service in the four Asian countries i've lived and worked in:

Thailand (a lot).

Korea (sometimes).

China (rarely)

Japan (NEVER EVER).

Wow, thanks for the compliment?

I lived there for 15 years, and it never happened in Tokyo.

I lived 5 years in Tokyo, 3 years in Kokura, 3 years in Fukuoka, 1 year in Himeji, and smattering of other short term contracts around the country. So I've been all over, too.

I have talked to other visibly non-Japanese people like yourself that have never been refused service. I assume they were in the Tokyo area, and if in the countryside, they were only hailing in taxis where they line up at the train station.

Refusal doesn't happen? It absolutely does. Usually they just slow down, and then drive on. But I have been told to get out of the cab, and I have had the taxi driver call over a Japanese person to get in the cab instead.

I get refused here in Thailand alot more, I'm not comparing.

It doesn't even bother me so much that I got rejected so many times in Japan, as I was always able to catch another cab. It was more the Japanese people who I told this to defending the cab driver's decision.

Talk about thin skinned! What an inferiority complex, to drive a man to react like this. My guess is, absolute impotence. That can drive a man to do crazy things, one would guess. You have to feel pretty inferior to have skin this thin. What about the expression "water off a ducks back". I guess this very tiny man never heard that. What a goon. What a fool. What a hooligan dummy. To be so offended because one man, from one nation said one thing. The height of foolishness, and stupidity. Shame on the idiot.

According to the airport's Taxi Association, a group of them. wai2.gifwai.gif

Everyone has a right to refuse service.

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotel".

Another bar in Phuket has "No Africa man allowed"

Yeah but to be fair, have you ever met an Israeli who wasn't a dick? I haven't.

What nationality are you and what colorful body part describes all of your countrymen?

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm not gonna apologize for A-hole Japanese Taxi drivers.

Many of them are bitter gits who have been made redundant and have no other options for work at their age other than security guard.

Whenever I have been rebuked at a restaurant they relent when I start speaking. (Not including large groups of obnoxious drunks), but that would happen to Japanese as well.

It is the only country I have ever seen a "No Foreigner" sign. This really hurts my feelings. I have also seen "Foreigners must be accompanied by Japanese friends". There is a chain of "Bunny" Bars in Susukino that only lets you in if you speak Japanese and their signage says so explicitly. Most of this has nothing to do with xenophobia and everything to do with extreme discomfort with communication issues that may lead to misunderstandings about stuff like small "seat charges" at bars and restaurants, lack of "English menus" etc. On the other hand If I go out alone in Japan regular businessmen will OFTEN try to buy me food and drinks just because they want to speak "English" or drink with a gaijin. This has been my experience since 1989 and does not happen in any other country.

Edited by arunsakda
  • Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong but is there not or was there a Japanese only Soi next to PatPong? caters to thai ladies for Japanese only. If anyone else goes there they will not serve you.

The only bar i haven't been to in Nana is a Japanese club,wouldn't let me in.Is it still there,surprised the Japs were game enough to go up to the 1st floor.

Everyone has a right to refuse service.

I've seen worse. Anti Israel sign on Phi Phi island saying "Israeli not welcome at this hotel".

Another bar in Phuket has "No Africa man allowed"

What's wrong with that ? Here on Samui the same, after numerous Israeli's skip out at 3am without paying their bill, they are just too much trouble so save yourself the agro and when they come to check in, it's a "sorry we are full". By nationality they are the worst !

• Like 2

i ever saw a bar who displayed a sign " no african customers allowed ". i asked the lady and she said drunk african customers often cause trouble.

Somebidy posted a funny sign from Suk or Pattaya somewhere a while back it said something like

"No Arabe can sit here. We Respect your culture. We don't want you drinking alcohol and accosting women"

Suadi khrap.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Posts in violation of the above have been removed.

Come on people, why the massive suppport for Japan here ?

The man has, I think, the right to refuse service if he wishes. The man is probably acting by himself. And this shows "when you take action by yourself only, you are useless, you must get organised, be in a group, and take collective or joint action".

As for supporting Japan, nobody has forgotten fighting the war against Germany. But people act as if there never was a World War against Japan.

Why ?

If it was about refusing service to Chinese passengers, surely most people on Thai Visa would be cheering on the whole thing.

So we don't like the Chinese, but we love the Japanese ? Who did Britain (and America as well) fight in a World War ??

Is your name Basil Fawlty.I am an old fart,and the war was well over when i was born.Let it go mate,it was a long time ago.

For all the times I was refused a taxi in Japan and Japanese people tried to justify that behavior, I can't help but feel a sense of justice in taxi drivers rejecting Japanese passengers.

Reallllllly? Jesus, you must look like absolute crap then, because never once in my 7 years of living in japan (tokyo, hamamatsu, nagano and saitama (as well as travelling all over the country)), have i been refused service by a japanese taxi driver. The idea would be mind boggling to be honest. It just does not happen.

Even with a whopping great snowboard bag ive had zero problems flagging down the first taxi with a light on and gaining entrance.

A quick ranking of refused service in the four Asian countries i've lived and worked in:

Thailand (a lot).

Korea (sometimes).

China (rarely)

Japan (NEVER EVER).

Absolutely agree with you.

Add:-

Malaysia, never.

Laos, never

Phils, a few times.

HK, never but hard to catch.

Talk about thin skinned! What an inferiority complex, to drive a man to react like this. My guess is, absolute impotence. That can drive a man to do crazy things, one would guess. You have to feel pretty inferior to have skin this thin. What about the expression "water off a ducks back". I guess this very tiny man never heard that. What a goon. What a fool. What a hooligan dummy. To be so offended because one man, from one nation said one thing. The height of foolishness, and stupidity. Shame on the idiot.

Well, if this clown was representative of the group, then they are a carnival club, with only man children as members. If they are are acting as a group, they can hold their heads very, very low in shame, knowing they are being petty, arrogant, bigoted, racist, and small hearted. Talk about a house of fools.

Well, if this clown was representative of the group, then they are a carnival club, with only man children as members. If they are are acting as a group, they can hold their heads very, very low in shame, knowing they are being petty, arrogant, bigoted, racist, and small hearted. Talk about a house of fools.

Agreed. 100%.

And the clown in charge of this organization, Mr Sadit, defended his drivers' desire to "negotiate" fares.

He went further to say: Passengers pay tens of thousands of baht for an air ticket.

So why can't they pay a few hundred baht for a "negotiated" fare?

facepalm.gif

And I don’t know why there is this continuing misrepresentation of the topic here.

The problem started when the driver tried to charge a customer 700 baht. Double the normal rate.

The driver didn't refuse.

The customer refused to be extorted.

The rest of the story is just a bunch of grown men with minds of children masquerading as Taxi drivers.

We all know what it's about.

Thuggish mafia upset that one of their pack got called on the carpet. wai2.gifwai.gif

Anywhere else, the <deleted> would have been fired.

Edited by iReason
  • Like 1

Agreed. 100%.

And the clown in charge of this organization, Mr Sadit, defended his drivers' desire to negotiate fares.

He went further to say: Passengers pay tens of thousands of baht for an air ticket.

So why can't they pay a few hundred baht for a negotiated fare?

facepalm.gif

And I don’t know why there is this continuing misrepresentation of the topic here.

The problem started when the driver tried to charge a customer 700 baht. Double the normal rate.

The driver didn't refuse.

The customer refused to be extorted.

The rest of the story is just a bunch of grown men with minds of children masquerading as Taxi drivers.

We all know what it's about.

Thuggish mafia upset that one of their pack got called on the carpet. wai2.gifwai.gif

Anywhere else, the <deleted> would have been fired.

All true indeed. Criminals, and thugs do not enjoy getting unmasked. That is all this charade is about. And thugs tend to stick together. Of course, the right thing to do would have been for Tiny Mr. Sadit, the mental midget, to have said that the driver really, really screwed up, and made a huge mistake. But, that would require reflection, contemplation, the ability to look within for the solution to the problem, humility, honor, and an attitude of a gentleman. All things this incredibly unimpressive, fabulously unaccomplished, remarkably dim man child, does not possess. Continued shame on Prayuth for letting these kinds of crimes continue. Shame on the larger Bangkok taxi bodies and associations, for not imposing severe discipline on these creeps, and shame on the government for its stunning level of indifference, and its shocking lack of talent, ability and competence.

• Like 2