What is 5G, when will it launch and what will it mean for you?

Jonathan Fairfield

Means completely nothing other then they can hype new phones. My phone is able to do 42mbps now - other then a fake speed test that is not going to happen and 5g will not do anything different.

It is like using an apple to make a phone call or check email and thinking some how the 5x cost of the phone was worth it.

The average speed of consumer internet has actually regressed by 2.8% globally, QoQ, and outside of South Korea (66%) and Hong Kong (37%) not even 1/3rd of users even get 15mbps, let alone speeds that would stress 3G tech.

Even in the good old USA, only 19% of users get 15mbps or better, and in Thailand that drops to just 2.8%

Bottom line: All of this is only relevant to Korea, not the rest of the world. Show me a story about something that improves the actual infrastructure and you'll get my interest up ;)

Means completely nothing other then they can hype new phones. My phone is able to do 42mbps now - other then a fake speed test that is not going to happen and 5g will not do anything different.

It is like using an apple to make a phone call or check email and thinking some how the 5x cost of the phone was worth it.

How do you make a phone call with an apple? Do you need worms inside?

• Like 1

How do you make a phone call with an apple? Do you need worms inside?

I ll credit you with knowing what I really mean. wink.png