Anyone here have labradors or goldens?

Hey All,

Just wondering who here has labs or goldens? how do you find them?

Had Leo about 6 months now and Lea about 2 months, excellent dogs,

Be good to know how you guys find keeping goldens in Thailand, I know my two suffer a bit with the heat so I try to give them a few hours of aircon in the day plus some cool matts I bought help out,

Pics below

Cheers

r782tf.jpg

• Like 1

better off in a cooler climate .... nice dogs though...

but frankly .... there's enough dogs in thailand already, if they got rid of 90% there would still be alot ....

and the soi dogs are dangerous to kids and tourists ... get rid of them ....coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Ours spends most of her time in an air conditioned room and loves to swim in our pond. I walk her on a leash to keep her from getting filthy and to protect her from the locals. All the soi dogs around here like her and the littlest kids will now run up and give her a hug, while their parents are still afraid because she is a big dog. I am pretty sure the first word spoken by one neighbors child was "Cookie" as she was sniffing her feet since before she could walk. She used to have a pet cat but he died recently.

Dog%2520%2526%2520Cat%2520%2520001.jpg

cat%252Bdog%2520%2520001.jpg

• Like 1

Only had Honey for 5 months so she has not really seen hot yet.

When we first got her she loved to sleep out the back where it was quite wet.

Loves to jump in the big fish pots and splash around.

Not sure the fish enjoy it though.

Love her to bits.

post-36914-0-01840500-1421892847_thumb.j

better off in a cooler climate .... nice dogs though...

but frankly .... there's enough dogs in thailand already, if they got rid of 90% there would still be alot ....

and the soi dogs are dangerous to kids and tourists ... get rid of them ....coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4

Never had an issue with soi dogs, and soi dogs have more right to be in Thailand then tourists.

I have had a Golden for 10 years. She was a handful for the first 5 years. She was always digging up the garden. She is a good watchdog and barks when someone comes near the house.

The heat and ticks are a problem so we shear her every few months. One of the big tubs is good for them to cool down in and it stopped our dog from jumping in the fish pond. We tried to breed her with another GR but the dog tasked with the job was too old and it almost killed him from heat exhaustion. Eventually a soi dog got in the yard and did the job and she had 12 puppies(all black). A 13th puppy came out a few days later (dead). Her vagina got infected with maggots and she needed a visit to the Vet. A year later she had to have an operation to remove her ovaries as they had grown to the size of a football.

They are good dogs but you need to take good care of them. High maintenance.

We don't let her come inside the house unless there are thunderstorms as she gets terrified.

She used to kill the jing jocs and tokays and keep the cats out of the yard but now she is too old for that.

post-159754-14219196264384_thumb.jpg

Hilarious! Mine would pick up the tennis ball and then try to figure outr how to eat with the ball in her mouth because she knew if she put it down one of her "friends" would get it!

• Like 1

Had both. My golden loved to play, ball, Frisbee, swim, etc. Never hurt anybody and was always gentle even with the smallest of children. She loved the A/C and would lie near the open air-conditioned bedroom door until given permission to enter and "go to bed". My present black lab is very similar except she doesn't wait for permission to enter the A/C room and has worked out how to open the door herself.

Good choice of dog even in hot Thailand as keeping them fit keeps you fit too.

My goldens all loved to ride in the car, inside, not in the back of the truck. If you drove up to my house you couldn't leave your car door open or sle when you went to leave there was one or more in the car and ready to go.

If you have labs or goldens, there are there requirements, a big bag of cheap tennis balls, water bowls kept in the bathroom and a large tub of water. They will spill the water out of the water bowls and lay in the mess that they created hence keeping the bowls in the bathroom. It's also a good idea to keep the bedroom dors closed and the bed is a fine place to sleep after they've played in the water, or worse yet come in from the rain after wallowing in the mud puddle in the yard.

I wouldn't buy a Labrador ryanhull,...........

It's frightening how many their owners you see that have gone blind...................coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4

took me a minute to get that, good one lol laugh.png

I have had a Golden for 10 years. She was a handful for the first 5 years. She was always digging up the garden. She is a good watchdog and barks when someone comes near the house.

The heat and ticks are a problem so we shear her every few months. One of the big tubs is good for them to cool down in and it stopped our dog from jumping in the fish pond. We tried to breed her with another GR but the dog tasked with the job was too old and it almost killed him from heat exhaustion. Eventually a soi dog got in the yard and did the job and she had 12 puppies(all black). A 13th puppy came out a few days later (dead). Her vagina got infected with maggots and she needed a visit to the Vet. A year later she had to have an operation to remove her ovaries as they had grown to the size of a football.

They are good dogs but you need to take good care of them. High maintenance.

We don't let her come inside the house unless there are thunderstorms as she gets terrified.

She used to kill the jing jocs and tokays and keep the cats out of the yard but now she is too old for that.

I might give Leo a sheer, its gradually starting to get hot up north again so he would probably appreciate it

• Like 1

Just got these two Chocolate lab puppies, two months old, sisters from same litter, post-30268-0-33171900-1422733729_thumb.j

Our Bichon is a bit jealous and our street poodle, known as "the beeatch from bangkok" for obvious reasons if you ever met her is already feeling small. A doggy swimming pool is next on the agenda as they love water already.

Just got these two Chocolate lab puppies, two months old, sisters from same litter, xpost-30268-0-33171900-1422733729_thumb.

Our Bichon is a bit jealous and our street poodle, known as "the beeatch from bangkok" for obvious reasons if you ever met her is already feeling small. A doggy swimming pool is next on the agenda as they love water already.

gorgeous pups mate