Non-Immigrant Visa-O (Thai Spouse)

Hi,

I have to extend my Non-Immigrant Visa-O (Thai Spouse) in 15 april but the problem is at this date the 400.000 bahts required on my bank account must be placed for 3 months before and i will get the money next month so it will be only 2 months. What can i do before the 15 april to stay in thailand and pending 3 months ?

Thanks for your help :)

The money only has to be in the bank for 2 months for an extension of stay based upon marriage according to the rules.

If you are not in Phuket, Samui or some other office that does not go by the rules and wants 3 months you will not have a problem.

The money only has to be in the bank for 2 months for an extension of stay based upon marriage according to the rules.

If you are not in Phuket, Samui or some other office that does not go by the rules and wants 3 months you will not have a problem.

I live in Krabi and last year they asked for 3 months... Is there any solution ? Thanks :)

My situation was diffrent to your as I was applying to extend my retirement.

I use monthly pension and top up the cash in the bank if needed to make up the 65000, last September I went to Phuket as I have done for many years only to be told the money in bank had to be seasoned for the three months and my money in the bank hadn't been there for the three months I went every day for 1 week and nobody at immigration told me that the cash had to be seasoned only told my money " no good" it took me a while to understand why they said this, the shortage only amounted to 9,000 bht. Between pension and top up

Eventually the captain at immigration asked if I had a credit card and asked me to supply him with 3 months statements which I did the following day and after much coming and going I was granted the extension.

Maybe you could be helped this way if they insist on the three months in the bank for your money.

I really think they just wanted to make sure I could support myself and after being here for a long time I think they really tried to help me, in future I will always leave an amount in the bank for the full three months as.before the money never had to be seasoned, good luck.

You could try and show them clause 2.18 of Police Order 327/2557 that states only 2 months is needed.

Or you could apply for a 60 day extension under clause 2.24 to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension.

"Then apply for one year extension" so you mean that avec the 60 days extension i don't need to apply for this visa thai wife and go out, i just do the extension as usually ?

You get the 60 day extension and then the during last 30 days of it you can apply for the one year extension.

Does if have to be during the last 30 days of the extension only? My situation is this;

I live here on an extension of stay based on a non-o married to a Thai (and have for a number of years). I work outside Thailand and the next time I need to renew the extension I leave over a month before the extension expires and return ten days after it expires.I then leave for work again five weeks later.

Would it not be possible for me to apply for a 60 days extension before leaving and an annual extension when I return?

Does if have to be during the last 30 days of the extension only? My situation is this;

I live here on an extension of stay based on a non-o married to a Thai (and have for a number of years). I work outside Thailand and the next time I need to renew the extension I leave over a month before the extension expires and return ten days after it expires.I then leave for work again five weeks later.

Would it not be possible for me to apply for a 60 days extension before leaving and an annual extension when I return?

You can try pledging your case with tickets in hand, but applying for 60 days or one year would not make a difference because normally one can only apply in the last 30 days of permitted stay (45 in some offices), for all types of extension.

Edited by paz

You could try and show them clause 2.18 of Police Order 327/2557 that states only 2 months is needed.

Or you could apply for a 60 day extension under clause 2.24 to visit your wife and then apply for the one year extension.

Sorry for the off topic, but for retirement extension is it well 3 month?

First extension 2 months, subsequent ones (renewal) 3 months.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I was in the same position some time ago they looked at my bank book did not say anything and gave me the necessary visa. I think if they see you have money although its not been in your account as long as they require it to be its not too bigger problem

Highly inaccurate information about Phuket immigration.

I have read many reports of Phuket requiring 3 months for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Perhaps for the first extension it would be 60 days because they use the rules for a retirement extension for the money in the bank.

You get the 60 day extension and then the during last 30 days of it you can apply for the one year extension.

Some offices will do the extension up to 45 days early. You could try to do the one year extension before you leave.

But the problem may be that you will not be back before the end of the 30 day under consideration period. Does the office you use start the 30 days from when you apply for the extension or from the end of your current permit to stay date?

If they do the extension you would need to get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period.

You could get the 60 day extension before you leave if they will do it that early and do the one year extension when you return.

Highly inaccurate information about Phuket immigration.

I have read many reports of Phuket requiring 3 months for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Perhaps for the first extension it would be 60 days because they use the rules for a retirement extension for the money in the bank.

Not sure what people are reporting and why but I've been doing it for 6-7 years now and it's always been 2 months on the dot.

Just so you know.

I'm under 30 day consideration at Korat on first extension and understand that I can use the money in the account as long as it doesn't go below 400k during that time? Am I supposed to bring my book or any other documents when I return on appointed day to verify? How do they check otherwise?For subsequent years is it still 2 months or does it become 3 for marriage visa? Should I bring any other documents on that day?

I'm under 30 day consideration at Korat on first extension and understand that I can use the money in the account as long as it doesn't go below 400k during that time? Am I supposed to bring my book or any other documents when I return on appointed day to verify? How do they check otherwise?For subsequent years is it still 2 months or does it become 3 for marriage visa? Should I bring any other documents on that day?

You only need your passport when you go back to get your visa stamp.

They can call your bank to confirm your money is still in the bank during the approval period.

You will only need your money in the bank for 2 months for every extension. The 2 and 3 is only for retirement extensions.

Some offices will do the extension up to 45 days early. You could try to do the one year extension before you leave.

But the problem may be that you will not be back before the end of the 30 day under consideration period. Does the office you use start the 30 days from when you apply for the extension or from the end of your current permit to stay date?

If they do the extension you would need to get a re-entry permit for the under consideration period.

You could get the 60 day extension before you leave if they will do it that early and do the one year extension when you return.

I'm using the Pattaya office and it seems like they're sticking to the end of the current permit to stay (as well as demanding 3 months seasoning of the 400k). Hopefully I can get the 60 days extension 45 days before the expiry of the current 1 year extension (it would be great to hear from others if that is possible in Pattaya). If not then I guess I will head for Savannakhet, although Buddha knows how long this will be an option.

Do I have to/should I go there before or after my extension is expired?

As always, thank you for your invaluable advise!

I have seen no reports of Pattaya wanting the money money to be in the bank for 3 months for an extension of stay based on marriage.

No immigration office would tell you that you have wait until the last day to do a one year extension. If you go 30 days early they will do it.

• 4 months later...

Hello - I am also applying soon for the initial spousal designation of an existent multiple entry O-visa. We have the financials and other documents listed at Thai Immigration FAQ but they don't mention any applicable form and I don't see that specifically mentioned here, either. Is there a form or is it just a matter of bringing the appropriate evidence in? Thank you for any help. - Frawley

Hello - I am also applying soon for the initial spousal designation of an existent multiple entry O-visa. We have the financials and other documents listed at Thai Immigration FAQ but they don't mention any applicable form and I don't see that specifically mentioned here, either. Is there a form or is it just a matter of bringing the appropriate evidence in? Thank you for any help. - Frawley

This is the form you require . Print two sided.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Unless you are applying at Bangkok immigration you will need 2 completed TM7 forms with supporting documents attached to each one.

Download and print two sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Document format you can fill out: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

I suspect the list you found is not complete and/or outdated.

Does it include an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Map to house from nearest main road or street.

Photos of you and the wife in and around the house. One must show you both with house number show in the photo.

• Like 1

My situation was diffrent to your as I was applying to extend my retirement.

I use monthly pension and top up the cash in the bank if needed to make up the 65000, last September I went to Phuket as I have done for many years only to be told the money in bank had to be seasoned for the three months and my money in the bank hadn't been there for the three months I went every day for 1 week and nobody at immigration told me that the cash had to be seasoned only told my money " no good" it took me a while to understand why they said this, the shortage only amounted to 9,000 bht. Between pension and top up

Eventually the captain at immigration asked if I had a credit card and asked me to supply him with 3 months statements which I did the following day and after much coming and going I was granted the extension.

Maybe you could be helped this way if they insist on the three months in the bank for your money.

I really think they just wanted to make sure I could support myself and after being here for a long time I think they really tried to help me, in future I will always leave an amount in the bank for the full three months as.before the money never had to be seasoned, good luck.

Strange, because if using the combination method of income and savings, the money does not need to be seasoned in the bank.