Non-Immigrant Visa-O (Thai Spouse)

Hello - I am also applying soon for the initial spousal designation of an existent multiple entry O-visa. We have the financials and other documents listed at Thai Immigration FAQ but they don't mention any applicable form and I don't see that specifically mentioned here, either. Is there a form or is it just a matter of bringing the appropriate evidence in? Thank you for any help. - Frawley

This is the form you require . Print two sided.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Thank you. Very appreciated.

Hello - I am also applying soon for the initial spousal designation of an existent multiple entry O-visa. We have the financials and other documents listed at Thai Immigration FAQ but they don't mention any applicable form and I don't see that specifically mentioned here, either. Is there a form or is it just a matter of bringing the appropriate evidence in? Thank you for any help. - Frawley

Unless you are applying at Bangkok immigration you will need 2 completed TM7 forms with supporting documents attached to each one.

Download and print two sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Document format you can fill out: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

I suspect the list you found is not complete and/or outdated.

Does it include an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Map to house from nearest main road or street.

Photos of you and the wife in and around the house. One must show you both with house number show in the photo.

Application *will* be at Bangkok/Chaeng Wattana. Pleasse advise how that may change your response. All evidence noted is on my list except it just said "marriage license". Our marriage license is from the U.S. but we did also register here at the amphur, so thank you for noting we'll need the Kor Mor 2. All very helpful and appreciated.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok immigration you will need 2 completed TM7 forms with supporting documents attached to each one.

Download and print two sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Document format you can fill out: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm7.doc

I suspect the list you found is not complete and/or outdated.

Does it include an updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

Map to house from nearest main road or street.

Photos of you and the wife in and around the house. One must show you both with house number show in the photo.

Application *will* be at Bangkok/Chaeng Wattana. Pleasse advise how that may change your response. All evidence noted is on my list except it just said "marriage license". Our marriage license is from the U.S. but we did also register here at the amphur, so thank you for noting we'll need the Kor Mor 2. All very helpful and appreciated.

You will only need one TM7 form with attached documents at Chaeng Wattana.

You will need your marriage certificate and the Kor Ror 22 you got when your registered your foreign marriage at the Amphoe. The Kor Ror 2 is for marriages done here.

Unless you are living where your wife's house book is for you will need proof of residence. They normally want a rental agreement with copies of the landlords house book and ID card attached.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2015 at 10:44 AM, bigt3116 said:

Strange, because if using the combination method of income and savings, the money does not need to be seasoned in the bank.

9 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Is this correct?

That is what the written rulesstate. But many offices want the money in the bank seasoned

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is what the written rules state. But many offices want the money in the bank seasoned

Oh! Wow! And, this is what makes me mad. There is a law, it is abused openly, and no one does anything about it. Wow! No wonder we get kicked to the ground.

Has anyone ever broached this topic with higher ups, like the Minister of Immigration (if there is such a thing) or the PM? Do Expats in Thailand have any national advocacy group? If not, is there anyone interested? Of course, one could remove the law the next time around as a result, but when there are clear violations of laws, if expats had lawyers, an advocacy group to challenge some of the decisions, it could help. Of course, you would need to have someone with an immaculate record, an untouchable, as it were. 

3 hours ago, EnlightenedAtheist said:

Oh! Wow! And, this is what makes me mad. There is a law, it is abused openly, and no one does anything about it. Wow! No wonder we get kicked to the ground.

Has anyone ever broached this topic with higher ups, like the Minister of Immigration (if there is such a thing) or the PM? Do Expats in Thailand have any national advocacy group? If not, is there anyone interested? Of course, one could remove the law the next time around as a result, but when there are clear violations of laws, if expats had lawyers, an advocacy group to challenge some of the decisions, it could help. Of course, you would need to have someone with an immaculate record, an untouchable, as it were. 

You'll die early if you can't adjust to the way Thais do things - this ain't Kansas Dorothy.

Besides just as the border Immi officers have the right to admit or refuse entry so do some Immi officers believe they have a similar right.

I don't like it sometimes but they will win in any case where the interpretation is up to them or their superiors.

They are going on the Thai Order, not its (sometimes ambiguous) translation.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Short question. I was told that I have to report every 90 days after i got my visa. Do I need to show financial evidence or is it the ordinary 90 days report? Do I need to show only once a year the 400k in my bank account?

4 minutes ago, Jaxxon said:

Short question. I was told that I have to report every 90 days after i got my visa. Do I need to show financial evidence or is it the ordinary 90 days report? Do I need to show only once a year the 400k in my bank account?

You apparently have an extension of stay based upon marriage issued at immigration not a a visa issued at an embassy or consulate.

You only have to show 400k baht in the bank for 2 months when you apply for the extension. Not needed to the reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

If you had a multiple entry non-o visa you would have to leave the country every 90 days to get a new entry.

• Thanks 1

Cheers! I am at the moment on the first 90 days Non-O, Immigration was already at my house for the interviews and they told me that I have to go on 22nd to get the one year extension. Hopefully nothing goes wrong, I would like to invest my money short time and should have no problems to have it back 2 months before I ask for the extension. Thanks for answering the question quickly ;-)