coffee in Thailand, 3 in 1 sachet....

VIPinthailand

We buy Nex Coffee (Thai) 100 % Arabica beans from a place called K2 Company Limited in Bangkok

They deliver too...... 300 bht. for 500 gms.

We also like Mae Salong Coffee which I have only been able to find in Mae Salong.

150 bht. for 250 gms. they will deliver too.

Dao makes a pretty good 3 in 1 if that's your fancy.

S.B.

Doi Tung also roasts some very good coffee but a little expensive.

Doi Chaang also roasts some good coffee, but again pretty expensive.

Edited by smilingbuddah

Instant coffee is not as popular in the US, Everyone has a Mr Coffee type of drip coffee maker, or the pod style like Kuerig, They might even have espresso machine. You can buy a decent espresso for under $100 US and keurig and drip makers can be had for $39.99. Not to mention the Starbucks and Coffee Bean stores on every corner.

hahah.. in israel for 30 years so only drink nescafe or elite powdered 'coffee'... only recently have i seen those straws here, mostly for backpackers etc (mostly because it is a dairy not parve product so for many here that is difficult ) but loved them in thailand as it is impossible to speak with me before a cup of 'coffee' in the morning and it is great for when in hubby's house w/o fridge and i dont really drink real milk anyhow... totally dont like the american style of coffee (drip perculator or pod)...

and birdy cold coffee is great wish we had it here...

• Like 2

Have you tried 'Civet Coffee' apparently somewhat better than 3 in 1. I know a guy who breeds them just to sell for coffee bean processing.

Have to sdmit that the price is above what I would pay for a cup.

There is also 'elephant processed coffee' smooth, rich and again a little expensive

Australia is East.! I m talking about Europe and USA.

Australia is a western country in the Oceania area, get your facts right. As for the 3 in 1 I love the maccona 3 in 1 and have been a 3 in 1 ambassador bringing that product from Thailand to Australia, South America and Africa..

• Like 1

whistling.gif That 3 in 1 coffee is for people who want some stuff to swill down in the morning to get them started for the day.

It's little more than a caffeine, sugar, and water fix to start the engine of a caffeine junkie for the day.

Yes, I admit I have used it before, but in my opinion it is not coffee.

It's just junk you drink between the time when you wake up and you exit out of your door to catch a train to work.

True, many people like it, mainly because they don't know what real coffee is.

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 2

Australia is East.! I m talking about Europe and USA.

Australia is a western country in the Oceania area, get your facts right. As for the 3 in 1 I love the maccona 3 in 1 and have been a 3 in 1 ambassador bringing that product from Thailand to Australia, South America and Africa..
AUS is now a confusing country some parts do look like parts of Asia

So the poster could be confused

• Like 2

Have you tried 'Civet Coffee' apparently somewhat better than 3 in 1. I know a guy who breeds them just to sell for coffee bean processing.

Have to sdmit that the price is above what I would pay for a cup.

There is also 'elephant processed coffee' smooth, rich and again a little expensive

We had civet beans in Sumatra but I thought it was a <deleted> idea to pay a premium for beans that were snapped off of a monkeys ass.

I have one 3 in 1 coffee every morning, a ST double shot, which I get from the "odds and sods" counter at the local Post Office. Never seen it anywhere else. Full name is Sangthong Chumphon Coffee.

17% coffee, the rest a bit more sugar than creamer, costs 100 baht for 20.

• Like 1

The sugar content of over 50% in many of the 3 in 1 coffee mixes is what stopped me drinking them. If you want iced coffee, Khao Shong brand is widely available but one sachet contains 5 teaspoons of sugar so better to mix it using only half a sachet or less.

Loaded with hydrogenated vegetable oil; very unhealthy, and to be avoided whenever possible.

I suspected as much, which is why I only have one a day. I have not added sugar to tea, coffee or anything since my early twenties but just got the taste for these.

I hate to admit it but as a 35 plus resident of Thailand I have after many years of resistance been recruited by the 3 in 1 crowd and now look forward to my morning of hot water, sugar, non dairy creamer and a pinch of coffee. They wore me down and I have now grown to like it. I turn my nose up at Starbucks and all others that sell good Arabica coffee to mellow in my java of a 3 in 1 Nescafe. Viva Suisse