CHF vs. THB - Good time to buy?

The THB x CHF rate is now back to what it was in May 2014. If you missed it, you missed it. I transferred and bought myself a nice roof. Not a big deal in the big picture unless you ate a Swiss exporter or live near the French / German frontier.

Since the CHF / THB exchange rate is pretty much in line with the CHF / USD exchange rate and since I did read many reports predicting CHF / USD to reach parity soon and CHF / EUR to be around 1.05-1.10, I do personally expect that the future (end of 2015) will be somewhere between 32-35 THB per Swiss Franc - always assuming no major collapse neither in the US or EU or Switzerland during the year... I won't make any predictions above that date, since my tea-leave reading cup is broken and my glass bowl is only showing snow...

As mentioned in an other thread: The CHF/THB of 38 was a spike. 32 - 35 as a price range is likely, but only for the next 1 to 2 years. After that, a 1 to 25 exchange rate will be considered as a "fortunate-event". Why? Have mentioned it in previous threads and I see no reason to repeat it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiss1960: Never-mind any broken tea-leaves cups. As long we have a pan to make a fondue with the necessary ingredients and by singing the national anthem while preparing it, we will be fine. Isn't it ?smile.png

Cheers.

The THB x CHF rate is now back to what it was in May 2014. If you missed it, you missed it. I transferred and bought myself a nice roof. Not a big deal in the big picture unless you ate a Swiss exporter or live near the French / German frontier.

Since the CHF / THB exchange rate is pretty much in line with the CHF / USD exchange rate and since I did read many reports predicting CHF / USD to reach parity soon and CHF / EUR to be around 1.05-1.10, I do personally expect that the future (end of 2015) will be somewhere between 32-35 THB per Swiss Franc - always assuming no major collapse neither in the US or EU or Switzerland during the year... I won't make any predictions above that date, since my tea-leave reading cup is broken and my glass bowl is only showing snow...

As mentioned in an other thread: The CHF/THB of 38 was a spike. 32 - 35 as a price range is likely, but only for the next 1 to 2 years. After that, a 1 to 25 exchange rate will be considered as a "fortunate-event". Why? Have mentioned it in previous threads and I see no reason to repeat it here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiss1960: Never-mind any broken tea-leaves cups. As long we have a pan to make a fondue with the necessary ingredients and by singing the national anthem while preparing it, we will be fine. Isn't it ?smile.png

Cheers.

Well, your 25 prediction is based on the assuption of collapse within Europe / Switzerland... other people have predicted 45 based on dept collapse within Asia region / lack of competitiveness of Thailand within ASEAN...

swissie: while I like cheese (and bourguignon) fondue, a good filet mignon at Bruno's in Pattaya is still preferrable for me wink.png

you may well see at some point the BoT lowering interest rates further to support exports. Clearly exporters are suffering under the strength of the bath.

and clearly importers are very happy with the strength of the Baht.

I think thb will weaken especially when US Fed raises. Thailand is really screwed insofar as rates, borrowing is already a bit out of control (debt) and rauding rates willnfurther strengthen and make Thai goods even less competitive. They could entirely losr the rice crop next year to Vietnam as Vmn already weakened and Thai already dumping rice in the market. Then you have tourism, well you have sex tourists and the Chinese, they are the only ones interested in Thailand any more.

I'm very curious what reserves Thai BOT is holding.

Is the money for allnthe condo devrlopments borrowed in usd or rmb?