13 year-old Phuket boy sought in connection with theft

webfact

13 year-old Phuket boy sought in connection with theft
Darawan Naknakhon

1421915081_1-org.jpg
Nawamin (3rd from left) has confessed to the crime, but the 13 year-old is still being sought.

PHUKET: -- A 13 year old boy is currently being hunted by police in connection with a theft which occurred in Karon on Tuesday (January 20).

The boy, is the accomplice of a 21 year old man arrested yesterday (January 21) for snatching a gold necklace from the neck of a Danish man while driving on a mortorbike.

Karon police arrested the 21 year-old, Nawamin Daijareonsuk, in Soi Patuk 22, and seized the broken gold necklace, along with a small Buddha amulet.

The theft took place on Tuesday (January 20) at 2:15pm, and straight after the incident the victim, Preben Anderson, 67, and his wife, both Danish, filed a police report at Karon Police Station.

Anderson told police that as he was driving his motorbike, with his wife on the back, near the Kata Saiyuan tourist attraction, two men on a motorbike started to follow them.

When they caught up with Mr & Mrs Anderson, the driver of the other bike snatched the gold necklace from around Mr Anderson's neck and sped away towards Rawai.

Mr Anderson said he tried to follow them but couldn̕t keep up.

After checking several CCTVs in the area, a Phuket registered Honda Click was pointed out by Mr Anderson. This led to the arrest of Nawamin.

Nawamin confessed to the robbery and told police about his 13 year old friend.

Nawamin and his friend face charges of theftand using a vehicle to flee the scene of a crime, and the boy̕s parents have been told by the police to bring him to the station as soon as possible.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/13-year-old-phuket-boy-sought-in-connection-with-theft-50675.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-01-22

Many places in the world I have seen people flashing gold chains and expensive watches. They are just asking to get robbed. But I blame their mothers. They know they are unfit to be out by themselves yet they still let them out

• Like 1

Many places in the world I have seen people flashing gold chains and expensive watches. They are just asking to get robbed. But I blame their mothers. They know they are unfit to be out by themselves yet they still let them out

I very much doubt that the mothers of Preben Anderson, 67, or his wife, would stop them going out.

wink.png

• Like 1