Decision to indict Yingluck questioned

webfact

Indictment decision questioned
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra's lawyers will today file a petition with the Office of the Attorney-General questioning the decision of the joint panel of public prosecutors and anti-graft officials to indict her over the rice-pledging scheme.

Norawit Lalang said National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) representative Wicha Mahakun answered the National Legislative Assembly's queries last Friday, revealing that the joint panel had decided to indict Yingluck.

However, the prosecutors led by Wuthipong Wiboonwong told the media on Wednesday that the panel had yet to make a decision as two more witnesses still had to be questioned to find out when and how corruption had been committed.

He said the case had three loopholes that required further investigation as there was no clear evidence of corruption, other than a report from the Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI).

NACC secretary-general Sansern Polajiak, meanwhile, said the panel - comprising 10 NACC representatives and three prosecutors - had met on Monday and made a decision on the issue.

Meanwhile, Norawit said he would ask the Office of the Attorney-General whether the three prosecutors present at the meeting could be regarded as representatives of the Office, and if the panel's decision was lawful or not as witness examination had yet to be completed. He added that Wuthipong had no knowledge of the panel's decision.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Indictment-decision-questioned-30252517.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-23

How can an unelected 'panel' impeach a former PM? I mean it is ludicrous! if she's guilty of corruption arrest her and take her to court, they don't and won't, this is all about politics and negating opposition

She charged with 'negligence', not corruption. The NLA is the representative of parliament and Senate, so they can start impeachment procedures.

Ms. Yingluck failed in her duty as PM, so try to impeach. Next is the trial you so anxiously await in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders.

dear Uncle Rubl - good morning to you - how can one be "impeached" if one is not in office? you might profit from reading the post proceeding yours from Bloomberg

• Like 2

How can an unelected 'panel' impeach a former PM? I mean it is ludicrous! if she's guilty of corruption arrest her and take her to court, they don't and won't, this is all about politics and negating opposition

She charged with 'negligence', not corruption. The NLA is the representative of parliament and Senate, so they can start impeachment procedures.

Ms. Yingluck failed in her duty as PM, so try to impeach. Next is the trial you so anxiously await in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders.

dear Uncle Rubl - good morning to you - how can one be "impeached" if one is not in office? you might profit from reading the post proceeding yours from Bloomberg

How can one? Just pay attention today.

As for the Bloomberg article, it seems a bit uninformed. Mind you they don't seem to disagree with going after Ms. Yingluck, only with the timing.

• Like 2

The panel will be awaiting the rulings today before they decide on the next course of action.

These lawyers can challenge all they want, after all... They are probably charging the brain dead bimbo 200K for each and every day they work for her.

They must love this.

The BP in their online article on 'axe poised to fall' also has an interesting titbit on the non-involvement of that golf caddy advisor.

It would seem that 10 former Pheu Thai party MPs went to Dubai, for some golf advise I guess.

• Like 1

The BP in their online article on 'axe poised to fall' also has an interesting titbit on the non-involvement of that golf caddy advisor.

It would seem that 10 former Pheu Thai party MPs went to Dubai, for some golf advise I guess.

Now I know how the $1.58 billion out of equities left the country.

ie get the money out before the charges begin and the investigators follow the money trails

Very little written in the BBC, AFP, that ever makes negative comments about Thaksin and the Shin clan. Now we see similar articles appearing in The Economist and Bloomberg.

Ever wondered why these reporters never write about why Thaksin was removed or his real status at the time, and now claim YL was removed by a military coup too; and ignore all the criminal convictions and charges against Thaksin and his clan? Someone is persuading and influencing them.

Wow, awesome. What movie was this?

• Like 1

I want to return to happiness, as the Boss told us...now it would make me a lot happier if the man in charge could somehow raise the value of the euro against the Thai bath?

Anything else is their business (as usual!!)

Not mine.

Very little written in the BBC, AFP, that ever makes negative comments about Thaksin and the Shin clan. Now we see similar articles appearing in The Economist and Bloomberg.

Ever wondered why these reporters never write about why Thaksin was removed or his real status at the time, and now claim YL was removed by a military coup too; and ignore all the criminal convictions and charges against Thaksin and his clan? Someone is persuading and influencing them.

the truth hurts obviously, again trying to spread innuendo and typical bullsh*t we all know and associate with the thaksin apologists. Dont worry, you can always join you heroes when they are convicted if you want, wouldnt be a great loss for anyone

the truth hurts obviously, again trying to spread innuendo and typical bullsh*t we all know and associate with the thaksin apologists. Dont worry, you can always join you heroes when they are convicted if you want, wouldnt be a great loss for anyone

Project much, lol? The innuendo and bullsh!t on this thread are from the paranoiacs who imply that Thaksin somehow controls the entire world's media. I haven't seen you or the other paranoid obsessive provide any "facts" that support that claim. See, that's what "innuendo" is.

Don't worry though....there's much less stigma surrounding mental illnesses than in days of yore.

Project much, lol? The innuendo and bullsh!t on this thread are from the paranoiacs who imply that Thaksin somehow controls the entire world's media. I haven't seen you or the other paranoid obsessive provide any "facts" that support that claim. See, that's what "innuendo" is.

Don't worry though....there's much less stigma surrounding mental illnesses than in days of yore.

You have all the qualities of a perfect Thaksin groupie ! My condolences............................................biggrin.png

• Like 2

Da thank you I was beginning to think I was the only one asking this question. The floggers await

obviously you cant read very well then again maby these simple letters confuse you, read the bottom of all the positive thaksin crap, it is from the AFP. All the abc's thai news is from the AFP, obviously you are unable to correlate these facts so you need to try to deny it happens. Thats ok though as we all know that the only ones that support thaksin are the uneducated and ignorant, seems you have found your niche in life. Maybe you should look up innuendo, but then you probably already kmow it as its what you do, I simply point to the direction where you can see the facts for yourself if you werent so blinded by your hero worship of the criminal himself, trying to get on the payroll hey.

As for the Bloomberg article, it seems a bit uninformed. Mind you they don't seem to disagree with going after Ms. Yingluck, only with the timing.

"As for the Bloomberg article, it seems a bit uninformed"

Well of course Bloomberg do not have access to the insight regarding Thai politics that you have.555

Well thank you for your kind words. Maybe those 20 years I've lived and worked in Thailand have indeed given me a wee bit of insight.

• Like 2

You could probably also add several other media to your list..... One question: according to you, which media or news agency is not influenced by the occult power of Mr T?

"As for the Bloomberg article, it seems a bit uninformed"

Well of course Bloomberg do not have access to the insight regarding Thai politics that you have.555

Well thank you for your kind words. Maybe those 20 years I've lived and worked in Thailand have indeed given me a wee bit of insight.

As far as getting the facts straight I would say rubl probably has far more insight regarding Thai politics than the author of that one-sided Bloomberg article, one William Pesek.

A journo based in Tokyo who probably knows a lot more about sushi than the sins of the Shins.

His story gave me the impression that he liked to "walk on the red side", or that he is just not aware of the whole sorry saga of the Shin Dynasty.

Maybe I will contact him and ask him.

• Like 2

As far as getting the facts straight I would say rubl probably has far more insight regarding Thai politics than the author of that one-sided Bloomberg article, one William Pesek.

A journo based in Tokyo who probably knows a lot more about sushi than the sins of the Shins.

His story gave me the impression that he liked to "walk on the red side", or that he is just not aware of the whole sorry saga of the Shin Dynasty.

Maybe I will contact him and ask him.

That would actually be pretty funny if you did. Be interesting to hear what his response would be.