Best Thai Language School 2015 BKK only, no Chula, reading, writing, esp.

chubby

Best Thai Language School 2015 BKK only, no Chula, reading, writing, esp.   

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently went to Duke and it wasn't for me. Perhaps it was the fact that I'm a slow learner and it appeared everyone else was doing fine (so if you learn at a regular/fast pace, this advice may not be the same for you...), but I simply didn't do well with how the teacher was handling things. She often times used drills on vocabulary (such as vehicles) she just introduced in class and then sifted through pictured flashcards of these faster and faster to get us to remember the name. This simply didn't work with me--and she did it a lot. My brain doesn't learn with that method. She used many other ways to help, but perhaps it simply was not a school that suited me. Each day, we had a good 40 vocabulary terms in the text to learn. They said you didn't have to learn them all, but she would randomly use different ones each day and half the time I didn't know what she was saying, so I found myself overwhelmed trying to memorize as many words as I could just to keep up, which I could not. I think for some people this school would be fine. If you are a slow learner or need good organization, I would not recommend this school. It seemed like there was some disorganization in how the text progressed. But I don't know. Best thing to do is just visit the school for a day (can't hurt!) and see. I've been to a few schools and after visiting said to myself, 'glad I spent an hour rather than waste a months money in baht to get in a train wreck'. With that said, thumbs down to Duke.

nevertheless, I will credit the owner of the school with at least trying to do something to help me out after I made it clear it wasn't working out--he did offer to give me some private lessons at no cost. So, if nothing else, that seemed like a kind gesture.

What a bunch of crap. The poll is asking for the best in BKK and its missing five awesome schools just off the top off my head.

CHULA, Duke, Jentana, Baan Askorn , & Summa. Listed in no particular order, all cost aside, and caters to all tastes. One of them will fit your needs from beginner to advanced.

i find walen school good. i have been going there over a year now. the teachers are all really good, and can explain stuff quite well i found. needs more attention on the tones as that is extremely important, but the method of teaching makes it seem like it doesnt matter at all. need to focus heavily on the tones either during the alphabet class, or before moving onto book 1.

but besides that the girls there are all very nice and friendly. but i was not happy about the increase for my 6 months study (which was more then i paid for my first year).

the visa and forms have been excellent for me with walen. never had an issue with any paperwork at immigration or at the border or embassy when getting my 2 visas. so for that i can say is excellent.

i agree there is alot of haters on here bashing everything and everyone. not only macwalen but thais and everything they read on here. lots of sad sad people "living the dream"in thailand but are such grumpy sad people. thats why i keep away from reading to many posts on here and i avoid posting myself cuz most the members on here try to bring everyone down with them. so sad. but that is common practice on all internet forums to get under peoples skin.

i have not yet attended any other schools, so i can say which is the best, but i am just giving my own experiences for everyone to consider.