Student visa expiring

hi everybody, so my student visa is up beginning of next month. im no longer a student and am currently working in khao lak, Phang nga. does anybody know what visa i need to apply for and where to do it in this area? Also i dont have a work permit yet because i just started and my employer said i have to wait 3 months as like a probationary period. im ok with that, but i dont know what to do for my visa in the mean time.

If anyone can help id really appriciate it.

Peter

You are currently working illegally. No matter what your boss says, you must have a work permit including during a probation period.

You need to apply for a work permit and get paperwork from the labor office, you take the paperwork plus the require documents your employer needs to provide to a consulate and get a non-B visa. Than you go back to the labor office and get the actual work permit and you are allowed to work.

Make sure your employer is indeed willing to help with getting a work permit. You might find yourself out of job after 3 months probation, that is not uncommon. And especially if you work in tourism you run a great risk of getting caught.

Working on an Ed Visa, exactly the kind of person the clampdown on Ed visas is for. As has been said, it is quite common for ruthless employers to get rid of you after the 3 month probation period, and they never had any intention of applying for a work permit for you.

Working illegally carries a maximum fine of up to 100,000 baht and/or a imprisonment for a maximum of 5 years. In reality you will be fined and made to leave the country.

Without your employer willing to apply for a work permit together with you there is no way to work and stay legally in the country.

If you know you need an education visa to study.

Why would you think you can work without a work permit.

i heard you can work a little while on a student visa, but really i was asking because my visa is almost up and i didnt know what to do while im waiting for my work permit. like if there was a visa i could get to stay and work intermittently while i wait for the work permit.

so no way around it then, i need a work permit and then apply for a non-B. Can anyone tell me were i can do this in Khaolak (Phang Nga Provice)?

What kind of work are you doing?

Im working with a tour company in Khaolak

Stealing jobs locals can do? Not cool Dude

im not really stealing jobs from the locals. the company contacted me because they wanted someone who was a native english speaker to work on marketing the company internationaly
Edited by dude11513

im not really stealing jobs from the locals. the company contacted me because they wanted someone who was a native english speaker to work on marketing the company internationaly

Apologies Dude. Do some research & sort it out with your boss. Good luck

Apologies Dude. Do some research & sort it out with your boss. Good luck

Thanks I will.

I really appreciate all the replies, I kinda know what I need to do now. :)

You must apply for the WP first and will get some documents that you have applied for the WP. Than you have to apply for a non-b visa in a neighboring country, with these documents and further documents from your employer. (Largely the same documents your employer will need to apply for the work permit.

Once you have the non-B visa you get the work permit.

You cannot apply for a non-B visa in Thailand.

You apply for a WP at the labour office. If there isn't one in town, there will be one at the provincial cpital. often in the provincial administration building.