Where is our international community headed in Chiang Mai?

femi fan

Interesting debate :)

Like it or leave it - try to change what you dont like - some people like change - some dont.

Malaysia offers 5 year retirement Visa with 12 month notification - I reckon it is up to the Thailand Govt if they wish to make any such Visa changes or not.

Working in Malaysia as a volunteer is OK - I reckon it is up to the Thailand Govt if they wish to make any such Law change or not.

And there are many other 'differences' between Thailand and other favourite Expat destinations.

IMO it is not my place to ask :)

Because I am but a (long term) visitor ......... and I know my place :)

(when in Rome...................)

Interesting debate :)

Like it or leave it - try to change what you dont like - some people like change - some dont.

Malaysia offers 5 year retirement Visa with 12 month notification - I reckon it is up to the Thailand Govt if they wish to make any such Visa changes or not.

Working in Malaysia as a volunteer is OK - I reckon it is up to the Thailand Govt if they wish to make any such Law change or not.

I

And there are many other 'differences' between Thailand and other favourite Expat destinations.

IMO it is not my place to ask :)

Because I am but a (long term) visitor ......... and I know my place :)

I hear Rome is too hot in the summer and stuffed with tourists. Buy you like it there?

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of those guys married to a Thai with 2 children. We face prejudices weekly from Thai people and the government but don't let it get under our skin. Ignorance and stupidity is not just here, it is just outright in your face here. Not veiled in any way and I sincerely believe thais really don't feel bad about it.

Interesting debate smile.png

IMO it is not my place to ask smile.png

Because I am but a (long term) visitor ......... and I know my place smile.png

It is my understanding that to retire in Malaysia the money requirements are a lot more than In Thailand. Here in Thailand they are relatively low. Guaranteed 65,000 baht a month.

As far as teachers go not to sure on that. the English teachers I believe make between 20 and 30 thousand a month. That is here in Chiang Mai. Livable but not enough to put away for retirement. How ever they may be married to a women making good money. Also the medical will defiantly cost more for many of us when we get older. Teachers at the University teaching other than English. Defiantly make good money. The only thing I see as a potential problem is making enough money to retire on working in Thailand.

One other thing I have noticed some of these people have trust fund money coming in so they can make it here with out making a pile of money.