Khon Kaen cheap hotel with laundry

wondercul

I'm looking for a room for 400 per night, with coin laundry and if possible motorbike rental.

Will i need a motorbike to get around in kk?

Any info on motorcycle rental actually would be good, then I can just drive around the city and find a place to stay.

As said Tuk tuk are very cheap .

When in the city even though we have a car, I like to take our motorbike, easy to navigate the traffic and park, I like the feel of being closer to the action rather than insulated inside the car. I dont like the tuk tuk because I dont like to wait, but if you don't know your way around the city, they might be the better option.

When we stay late in KKC and dont want to drove home, we stay at the BB hotel near Khon Kaen lake, very clean and quiet, nice rooms, plenty of private parking, and a very nice park across the street with the lake

last time I stayed there rooms run 500 to 700 bht I dont remember if they had a laundry room, because we dont stay there long enough to use it, but there are plenty of places you can take your laundry to. they will wash it, iron it and fold it for you , and they dont charge very much,

When I was staying at the Pullman Raza Orchid hotel I remember a place across the street to the side that did a great job at a very reasonable price.

Sorry I cant remember how much it was . but it was cheap enough, not to give it a second thought.

Plenty of tuk tuks in KK cheap as chips last time i was there i got the number of driver when i needed a lift just gave him a bell especially at off peak times

Depends what you mean... EG. 60 baht for a 1km trip... if you take 4 a day that's 240 on transport... that's as much as I would spend in an expensive city in europe on a train card. However, if he takes 20 baht for 1km... that seems about right.

So can you expand... how much are you paying tuktuks?

First regardless of what some posters say KK and Isaan is not necessarilly cheap for many items. Case in point you can rent a new Honda Click in Pattaya for instance for 100 baht per day but in KK you will pay 300 per day. Tuktuks will charge more for you if they can get away with it.

Hotels are actually better value in Phuket than in KK.

There are some nice things about KK but don't believe all the bullocks about it being cheaper than elsewhere.

• Like 2

Taxis are much cheaper than Tuk Tuks in Khon Kaen and have the bonus of a meter and air con.

The laundry near the Pullman is run by Phwi, a really nice lady who also rents cars.

The taxis have more or less taken over all the transport previously monopolised by the noisy little three wheelers whose numbers have dropped like a stone.

Prices in the city have certainly shot up in my fifteen years of visiting the city.

I hear a lot of complaints about surviving on a pension.

I read of one ex pat American comparing the cost of a bus trip from the lake to downtown going up from 10 to 15 baht. I wonder where that would get him back in the USA?

Edited by Jay Sata

So is it more expensive than Udon Thani ?

Also how do the other cities in Isaan compare?

Any tips for arriving at the Khon Kaen bus station would be helpful.........

Once you arrive at the bus station which is is a ridiculously engineered new project with no air and way the heck out of town. My advice is if you can take Chan Tours VIP they will actually go to the old bus station after they stop at the new station. Last time I did it everyone stayed on to go to the old bus station lol.

Grab a hotel somewhere in the area downtown I would suggest. Check Agoda for prices. They rent motorbikes at a couple places next to the Pullman hotel but they will want 300 per day unless you can get them down to 200 for multiple days.

I think so, not as much Competition, Hotels are more expensive in KK

I think a handful of Thaksinesque families control the economy of KK.

I do not agree at all. I found a Thai hotel for 300 with hot shower aircon, TV, big bed. And another place for 250 where I'm now staying.

First regardless of what some posters say KK and Isaan is not necessarilly cheap for many items. Case in point you can rent a new Honda Click in Pattaya for instance for 100 baht per day but in KK you will pay 300 per day. Tuktuks will charge more for you if they can get away with it.

Hotels are actually better value in Phuket than in KK.

There are some nice things about KK but don't believe all the bullocks about it being cheaper than elsewhere.

Speaking of <deleted>, let's look at what you said about hotels. I'm staying in a great room in khon Kaen for 250 per day with TV and my own bathroom.

Just up the road is a room for 300 a day with hot shower and aircon, TV etc.

As for motorbike rental in Pattaya, where and when did you rent for 100? In 2015 most places want 200 a day.

All my prices assume 1 day, not monthly rates.