Calls From Us To Thailand

egeefay

Just checking to see what people are doing to call US from Thailand

I know there's Skype but the people I call don't have broadband and their PC to Landline rates are high.

I've tried WebCallDirect but the connection is not very good and there's a voice delay.

Are phone cards the best way left to go?

Any good companies you can recommend?

Just checking to see what people are doing to call US from Thailand

I know there's Skype but the people I call don't have broadband and their PC to Landline rates are high.

I've tried WebCallDirect but the connection is not very good and there's a voice delay.

Are phone cards the best way left to go?

Any good companies you can recommend?

From Thailand to the US:

009 is cheap, or get Skype Out and check the rates there.

From the US to Thailand: Phone cards are dirt cheap, like 10 ct/minute. I was using Pingo last time, mainly because I need to call mobile phones in Thailand, it's dirt-cheap, and you can re-fill the card on-line. www.pingo.com for those who have never heard of Google.

Another advantage of Pingo is that you can set it up to recognize your US home phone number so you don't have to log in. That makes it really convenient to use. Disadvantage is that call quality is sometimes bad and you have to be careful to not to select any auto-refill options (they are all checked by default). I like to be in control of the spending...

go to thai post office and buy a CAT phone card that can be used for calls from US to Thailand.....instructions on card. simply call a 1- 888 number and then dial Thailand number. VERY EASY and dont bother with computers, just any phone to any phone here in Thailand. cost is about 5 baht per minute. I buy these cards and just email the code and info on the back and wala my kids call me cell to cell anytime they want and its free for them because I have already paid for the card here in Bangkok

My parents have a very good deal with their telephone co: I think AT&T is their long distance provider, not sure, but if you are interested I can post details here later.

But, my point here is that some long distance providers offer special packages to various regions. Worth checking