my friend spent a million baht on a girl he met online

Rangsitreppin

Pretty sad someone sitting back and counting how much money someone spends on his girlfriend. Are you jealous?

Have you seen this guys 'other' threads? If you had you would already know he's jealous.

He has a long term relationship with the bottle and gutters and he's proud of it.

I doubt he even has any friends.

You are easily fooled..........but I'm not surprised........after all you're not the brightest of them all.....whistling.gif

The guy is taking the piss out of us all, with his projected image of a drunk.

A drunk would be on the computer starting threads?

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't drink at all..................

But, good luck to him.........he's got you, no doubt......thumbsup.gif

i can only think of one other guy who posts OPs as inane as this guy.

Thank you for liking and appreciating my threads.thumbsup.gif

I do like you also.....especially when you push that green buttonwink.png

• Like 1

Why do people continue to post these pathetic stories? If I was stupid enough to be ripped off like this I would not be telling others about it, nor would I be recounting friends' similar experiences.

most guys i know or have met have the same story and have wifes maybe its like a kind of thing blokes do over here in thailand to get accepted by othe expats

Edited by Rangsitreppin

Rangsit,

be sure you are not the only one.

Many in TVF have been through that, and the ones now bashing you are probably exactly the ones that gone through this "scam" (as they like to call it) themselves.

I have been through this myself. But I feel no regret about it really, but my situation was probably not very common, maybe because I'm privileged.

I don't know how old your friend is, whether he's got a good job (in India?) or not. I would advise him to come to Thailand personally, meet his online love, and find out if she's a good woman he can trust. A good woman would take him even if he stops sending her money for 2 months. I would try again, and if it fails, then look for another woman.

The biggest mistake was maybe to send money to someone that he did not personally know. But not the one that makes a mistake is a fool, only the one that doesn't learn from his mistakes is a fool.

Good luck, and all my best wishes for the future.

Edited by micmichd

Wow, must not have been a good house or a big gambling problem as 1 million these days does not buy much

but thats still a big commitment for a person youve know only a few months

Read the report: ...after months of knowing her in person and had chatted for years with her online. So, he's had a relationship with her for years and bought her a house, spending a modest amount by western standards. What's the problem?

• Like 2

Wow, must not have been a good house or a big gambling problem as 1 million these days does not buy much

Read the report: ...after months of knowing her in person and had chatted for years with her online. So, he's had a relationship with her for years and bought her a house, spending a modest amount by western standards. What's the problem?
Id live the rest of my life on a million baht and probly meet 1000s of girls

Is this a bargirl thread?

I pretend to bargirls that i have a wife when they turn down my request to "see my new room".

Wow, and you where saying here on TV for anyone to ask you for advise about Thailand because you have been here so long. If you are just hearing about these things seems you still have allot to learn.

Also, never had a bar girl turn me down just because I said I was married or had a girl friend.

Apparently?

Fools and money.

Up to him.

The OP talks about marriage to her and a wedding and the 1 million baht is nothing. Barely 30 k in dollars. Not as outrageous at all as stated. Kind of normal thing to do when entering into marriage and a new family. I see the OP friend as an honorable man and a real stand up guy.clap2.gif

Id live the rest of my life on a million baht and probly meet 1000s of girls

!000 roots (or less) and your 1M BHT is gone - what are you going to live on for the rest of your life.?

Fck - I can't believe I just responded to this call centre troll.

Alright!...is this a TROLL post? Sounds like someone is fishing for ugly old fat ex-pats to chime in on the ills of Thailand...everyone knows Thailand is a rare tropical paradise filled with smiling faces and pretty girls who think you are handsome...

• Like 1

Suprising thing is this is not uncommon and i know more blokes who have stories like this than dont.

"who have stories like this"

Most of them in the fiction section of the Farang Fantasy Factory staff library.

There are far more untold stories of "blokes" who've found happiness, so if this guy whose story you've rushed to publish is happy maybe he thinks it's a million baht well-spent. Why do you think it's newsworthy or so amazing?

• Like 1

If he's happy, who cares?

I must agree.

Drunk or not...

<deleted> or not....

He has the same right to post on TV as any of us.

The problem is with those who do not like him.

If you do not like someone's posts...

Don't read them!

Don't waste your time and TV space coming on here just to whine about him!!

The are more posts here about the Op than there are about the topic!!

• Like 1