Professional painter in Chiang Mai?

Chamezz

I'm looking for a professional painter in CM who can paint aluminium, I have three pieces that are already fully prepped.

1x 1600 x 400 x 400 mm unit

2x 400 x 150 x 200 mm units

(W x H x D)

What would be a reasonable figure to get this done with good results?

Thanks in advance.

Take the word professional out then you may have a little more luck. I wish I could help you but i wouldn't dare recommend anyone i know.

Yes, I'm afraid I might have to, I just got them returned from one painter, who completely destroyed the finish, the pieces had more marks, scratches and debris on them than when I dropped them off, and to boot they managed to scrape some of the paint off while transporting it back to me.

I tried auto paint shops, but they won't take it.

Edited by Chamezz

I once had a bike rack repainted by an auto painter guy who had done some work on a panel of the car.

I wan't looking for a great finish but the car work was Ok.

West side of the Mae Ping river, go north from the second ring road a few hundred yards keep your eyes open left.

Nice chap.

Well. this seems to be a big job every Thai is waiting for. Why not check the internet how to handle allu in respect to paint/paint spraying and DIY.

If I were to DIY I would have to buy a new compressor and spraygun, which would be about the same cost, or more, as getting these pieces painted by a shop.

I'm going in again today to see if I can persuade some auto paint shop to do it.

Well. this seems to be a big job every Thai is waiting for. Why not check the internet how to handle allu in respect to paint/paint spraying and DIY.

If I were to DIY I would have to buy a new compressor and spraygun, which would be about the same cost, or more, as getting these pieces painted by a shop.

I'm going in again today to see if I can persuade some auto paint shop to do it.

If not, maybe you can try one of the shops who do motorbikes? Perhaps they will be more interested since they are used to small jobs (just the gas tank, just the side fairing, etc.).

• Like 1

So I went to an authorized CarryBoy dealer near Promenada who paints the enclosures and mounts them on the cars as well, they agreed to paint all 3 pieces for 6000 baht. This price includes sanding them down to the bare metal and re-prepping them.

I'll update once I get the pieces back.

So I went to an authorized CarryBoy dealer near Promenada who paints the enclosures and mounts them on the cars as well, they agreed to paint all 3 pieces for 6000 baht. This price includes sanding them down to the bare metal and re-prepping them.

I'll update once I get the pieces back.

That is a good shop so the quality should be high, don't accept less for that price.

• 2 weeks later...

The small piece(s) will become wall-mounted nightstands for my newly renovated bedroom, and the big piece will be a media console underneath the TV in said bedroom. Now I just have to find some 10mm thick frosted acrylic to make the interior for all of the pieces. So if anyone knows where to find that I'd be very appreciative. I already had a browse through Chiang Mai Plastic, and they could only provide 10mm clear acrylic, at a cost of ~6500 baht per 2400 x 1200mm sheet, near impossible to DIY frosting a sheet that size, unless you have access to sandblasting equipment.

I'm sure someone will ask why I need acrylic that thick; it needs to carry the weight of both a receiver and media PC, which would have a combined weight of about 20-25kg.

We could have a thread guessing what they are?

Surely not planter boxes for 6000 baht?
Flux capacitor for a time machine?

BTW was the join between the Al sheet and the tube at the top made smooth with epoxy filler?

Unfortunately I have no idea what they used to smooth it out, sorry. They did an excellent job though!

I was inspired by this, but at a cost of $3600 excl. shipping, no thank you. The original piece is also wider than I would like, so I mocked up a sturdier version with steel tubing

Edited by Chamezz