ECU Engine Tuning Remapping

JAS21

Anyone have any experience of re-mapping a D-Max the 2012 3Ltr engine... I see the ECU Thailand web site. Or any other reputable company.

My Racechip is OK but I'm considering a remap .. My Racechip will be available if anyone is interested.

All who would share their experience would be appreciated.... thanks

Any remapping or use of piggy back system will lead to increased wear on engine and reduced engine life incl. turbo charger.

If you want more power then get the model with bigger engine.

Regards,

L

He HAS the large engine

lingee says ....

Any remapping or use of piggy back system will lead to increased wear on engine and reduced engine life incl. turbo charger....Well I wouldn't have guessed that!

If you want more power then get the model with bigger engine... Which is it, you can't read or you can't understand or is it you know <deleted>> All about <deleted>> All. The D-Max 3ltr is the biggest engine.

Yours is the sort of answer that a complete Dick Head who is recovering from too much ear medicine would give .. 'kin useless and of no help whatsoever ...not that I'm inferring that is the case with you of course.

Well I suppose you tried to help ... so a sort of thank you.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

http://www.ecu-shop.com/isuzu/

monster max and boost speed mark 2.

better air intake/filter and new exhaust.

this will give you about 50% better hp and torque and much better response.

will make you wonder why you fooled around with race chip, like I did...

Thanks ... I have just got this back ... unfortunately no demo vehicle available

post-17329-0-71808400-1422266702_thumb.j

What do you think ... he says very little smoke ... I wonder ... if it runs smoother and a little extra torque then I would be happy.

My EGR is blanked at present .. couldn't get a definite from him which is best with remapping. Twenty thousand baht inc Dyno test .. I don't need the test though

That's a 50% torque increase. Impressive !

Burn premium diesel - Shell V-Power always works well. And fuel injector cleaner on a regular basis.

You will most probably see a Km per Liter increase too - if you can keep your foot out of it !

Edited by seedy

Any remapping or use of piggy back system will lead to increased wear on engine and reduced engine life incl. turbo charger.

If you want more power then get the model with bigger engine.

Regards,

L

Remaps or piggy back ECUs do not cause increased wear or reduced engine life, abuse of the engine is the only thing that will do that and that depends on the driver.

• Like 1

Remaps or piggy back ECUs do not cause increased wear or reduced engine life, abuse of the engine is the only thing that will do that and that depends on the driver.

It could be argued that - if after mods the fuel mileage increases - that this indicates less stress on the engine.

And argued successfully.

I am very tempted ... have to admit that it's just a toy for me as I don't drive fast but I do like the quick pick up of speed when needed ... I really hate the way that many drivers here accelerate slowly when they enter a more major road causing those on the road to slow.

The truck is out of warranty soon and I'm going to keep it at least another year. so I will go and talk to the company ... below is his reply to my initial questions ... for me I didn't get a satisfactory answer on the EGR blanking

How does the auto gearbox handle that torque? … I need a higher spec fluid in the box? The gearbox can handle this Torque without any problems because you don't drive with full throttle all the time, no you can use the standard oil.
How much does it smoke under acceleration? There will be a very little smoke only
The EGR … at present the engine take sometime to warm up … it warmed up really quickly before fitting of the blanks. Since fitting the blanks it runs much smoother at low RPM and obviously has more power down there and the oil remains reasonably clean. Surly the remapping is different with and without EGR blanked? What is your experience? Some customer they close the EGR some they keep it original
Is it easy to go back to original mapping. Yes it's easy to revert it back to original.
What are the costs of re-mapping.? It's THB.22,000.- including Dyno test
Do you have a 3Ltr D-Max that I could test before I commit myself Sorry I don't have it
Your business is at Taling Chan? I am not far from Ngam Wong Wang Mall Nonthaburi Yes it's not far off from Nonthaburi

I'll give an update .................

Edited by JAS21

+1 for ECU Shop - I can't think of anyone else that has more experience at diesel tuning, or better electronics engineers & production (their stuff is made in house).

The reason he wasn't so wordy in his response to EGR blanking is that it's a system that's only active at idle speeds. It doesn't actually make more HP.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for ECU Shop - I can't think of anyone else that has more experience at diesel tuning, or better electronics engineers & production (their stuff is made in house).

The reason he wasn't so wordy in his response to EGR blanking is that it's a system that's only active at idle speeds. It doesn't actually make more HP.

Does anyone know about the ECU Shop in Chiang Mai? I was told they were closed. Any other shop location in Chiang Mai for remap and exhaust for Toyota 3.0 4x4 ?