1 in 2 smartphones sold in the U.S. is an iPhone

Jonathan Fairfield

1 in 2 smartphones sold in the U.S. is an iPhone

702x336xiPhone6-702x336.jpg.pagespeed.ic

Apple’s share of the mobile market in the U.S. has almost doubled since the Cupertino-based company launched the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in October last year, according to a new study by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP).

The report by CIRP which was released on Friday, states that the iPhone’s market share grew from 28% in the July to September quarter to a huge 50% in the last few months of the year, a huge increase over the same time in the previous year when the iPhone 5s was released.

God only knows why, overpriced and overrated, dictatorial and intrusive, even Edward Snowden says he wouldn't use one. I recently won an I pad air and sold it immediately. My little old Moto G does everything needed at 1/6th of the price of a (sp)I phone, just a fashion icon for the easily led.

My little old Moto G does everything needed at 1/6th of the price of a (sp)I phone, just a fashion icon for the easily led.

I'm guessing you're over 50.

Hey, I'm over 50 and I reckon they're the best, it's my number one travel tool but if you only make calls then what's the point.

My little old Moto G does everything needed at 1/6th of the price of a (sp)I phone, just a fashion icon for the easily led.

Hey, I'm over 50 and I reckon they're the best, it's my number one travel tool but if you only make calls then what's the point.

I said everything, decent screen, connectivity, speakers, CPU, fast browsing, lots and lots of free apps. Latest updates even though it's old, already got Lollipop. Does everything the spy phone can do, and quite frankly, is better looking! SUCKERS!

And yeah I'm over 50.

Edited by fasteddie
  • Like 1

I said everything, decent screen, connectivity, speakers, CPU, fast browsing, lots and lots of free apps. Latest updates even though it's old, already got Lollipop. Does everything the spy phone can do, and quite frankly, is better looking! SUCKERS!

And yeah I'm over 50.

You're using Android and think that the iPhone is a spy phone?!?!?!?!

LOL!