Taking Thai wife and stepdaughter to UK - visa help, please!

I've been round in circles on the official consulate sites, so I thought I'd ask the people who know. Apologies if this is going over old ground for many of you!

Background:

- Wife has been with me to UK before (about five years ago). It will be the first visit for my stepdaughter, 19.

- Visiting my Dad. One week. (More would drive me nuts).

What I need to know:

1 Which office is handling applications these days? Where is it located?

2 Do I need to accompany my wife and step-daughter on their first visit to pick up application papers?

3 Do the application papers need to be picked up in person or are they now on-line?

4 Do I need to accompany them when they deliver the completed application? (second visit)

5 Do they need to leave their passports at the office when they make the application?

6 What kind of timescale is involved?

Many thanks in advance if you can help me with any or all of these - and any tips and hints on smoothing this through will be greatly appreciated!

1. http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/thailand/ (Trendy Office Building , 28th Floor, Suk Soi 13)

2. No, start here and then fill out form online here.

3. No, apply online at #2, print out and then submit hard copies in Bkk after booking an appointment.

4. No, you can go but you'd have to wait outside.

5. Yes (passport/docs are posted back to you with additional charge)

6. Mrs just had hers in couple weeks after submitting/booking appointment, but they say within 15 days for visit visa (shorter if you pay for premium service). Not sure regards stepdaughter.

Couple of clarifications from the above answer:

5. The applicant can ask to have the passports and supporting documents posted back, or they can collect from the VFS Office. They will receive an email from the UKVI when the application has been processed.

6. Your wife can only request a Priority Visa if her previous visit was less than five years ago, or if she has travelled to the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or a country in Schengen in the same period, your step daughter wouldn't be eligible. My partner applied last month, they suggested she go for the priority application process which she declined, the visa was issued in eight working days.

You might find this pinned topic helpful visit-visa-basics