Thai Army chief cautions Panthongtae Shinawatra

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did his father send him this speech by email, and his son just cut and pasted it to his Facebook, is he the next puppet, or muppet

With all the money he got I would have had those ears done, and some Botox in those lips

You do realise that the pic in the OP is not that of Panthongtae S?

You know what they say about opening one's mouth and removing doubts?

I did not say that it was one of the s clan, I only stated that with all the money of the man in the photo I would get those ears done, nothing more nothing less

"He said the democracy loving people were forced to give democracy to this government under the barrel of the gun, did not come out to protest just because they wanted to give a chance to this neutral group of people to resolve the political conflicts in this country with no prejudices."

Yeah, that's why you stayed at home.

In all probability, whatever he says or does is dictated by the Dragon Head.

Is that Mr or (ex) Mrs Shinawatra you'd be referring to?

Somebody better let the Junta know. Mr T will never go away, love or hate the guy, The political dynasty of the Shinawatras is here to stay. Sister, son, daughter even the family cat could stand and get more votes than Abhisit. For years Maggie Thatcher isolated the IRA and would not open channels for discussion, so they kept blowing people up on the mainland, the moment Blair comes along reconcilliation takes place and the killing virtually disappears. if you keep isolating Thaksin he will never go away. Contarary to the opinions of some elitists on here Thaksin backed political parties will win every election from here to eternity. Front up general and get Thaksin around the table if you are true about reconciliation.....He was, is and will be the force of Thai Politics and no shenanigans with stacking the NLA with generals or rigging the senate, changing the constitution, changinging the electoral system will reduce his popularity. Get used to the idea and work with him not against him

Sounds like your hero?

For me i hated what he did when he was in power. The way he and his party operate is so dishonest and non democratic. If he was a decent guy then he might get my support. Taksin is not Thailands Nelson Mandela.

"He said the democracy loving people were forced to give democracy to this government under the barrel of the gun, did not come out to protest just because they wanted to give a chance to this neutral group of people to resolve the political conflicts in this country with no prejudices."

Yeah, that's why you stayed at home.

In all probability, whatever he says or does is dictated by the Dragon Head.

Ah yes, the Bogeyman...

ain't that the truth but reconciliation is off the table... bullying, intimidation and vindictiveness are on the table

the good General actually had a chance to be 'great' if he had brought in reconciliation and played the 'middle road' but, alas, he has now played the right wing, conservative and divisive road. A shame really...

The general is a trained soldier. When people start advocating secession and civil war, he only sees 2 options, shutting down their activities or killing them. Kissing their butt is not considered.

He is also prosecuting members of the last government for their criminal actions. He has said that he intends to let the justice system run its course, which will likely (hopefully) see jail time handed down. I very much doubt that he will hand out "Get Out of Jail Free and Keep Your Stolen Wealth" cards to appease their supporters. Nor will he allow one of the beneficiaries of that stolen wealth to agitate those supporters to violence, because Option 1 is preferable to Option 2.

Edited by halloween

I actually miss Thaksin, I have lived here for 16 years, I am from Oregon, USA and back when I arrived and moved to pattaya where my dad lived (he moved here 25 years ago to open up a few export companies) tue Thai Baht was 45.8thb / $1USD.
Beer was 30-50 baht and <<<< Inappropriate specifics of prostitution removed >>>> and all was safer back then compared to now, it was more of a wild west back then and Thailand was safer and we did not have trashy Europeans and Russian thugs running the street and all the clubs, something's are good now bit not much, I am raising my daughter in these times, she is 6 and can speak 3 languages, English, Thai and Mandarin, and she acts like she is 18, she is smart and acts way above her age, I have friends in the US with kids the same age and they are overweight, lazy and glued to ipads pr Smartphone's, I love Thailand for the Family values unlike the US or EU countries.

I miss the old days of Thailand, Thaksin was cool, who cares about his corruption, look at the president of the US and EU PM, those guys are corrupt as shit compared to Thailand, I would be doing the exact same thing if I was Thaksin's son, hope he keeps up the good work.

Edited by metisdead
17) You will not discuss the specifics of prostitution. Though Thailand has a visible sex industry, and acknowledgement of that fact is not forbidden, ThaiVisa is not the place to seek or give information on this topic, regardless of your sexual habi

I actually miss Thaksin, I have lived here for 16 years, I am from Oregon, USA and back when I arrived and moved to pattaya where my dad lived (he moved here 25 years ago to open up a few export companies) tue Thai Baht was 45.8thb / $1USD.

Beer was 30-50 baht and <<<< Inappropriate specifics of prostitution removed >>>> and all was safer back then compared to now, it was more of a wild west back then and Thailand was safer and we did not have trashy Europeans and Russian thugs running the street and all the clubs, something's are good now bit not much, I am raising my daughter in these times, she is 6 and can speak 3 languages, English, Thai and Mandarin, and she acts like she is 18, she is smart and acts way above her age, I have friends in the US with kids the same age and they are overweight, lazy and glued to ipads pr Smartphone's, I love Thailand for the Family values unlike the US or EU countries.

I miss the old days of Thailand, Thaksin was cool, who cares about his corruption, look at the president of the US and EU PM, those guys are corrupt as shit compared to Thailand, I would be doing the exact same thing if I was Thaksin's son, hope he keeps up the good work.

Ah, yes the good ole days. Extra-judicial killings in the war against drugs, intimidation of journalists and anyone vaguely critical of his government, oversight of killings in the deep south, manipulation of sale of telecommunications contracts, transfer of share holding to avoid tax on sale of ShinCorp, general conysim, stifling of free speech by closing community radio stations critical od his government, interference in senate appointments etc. It was the best of times unless you got in the way of the bus he was driving. I'm not a 'yellow shirt' but to hark back to the good ole days of that odious rat and his cronies is just ridiculous. I guess the good ole days is a very subjective matter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

But Pantongtaene never questions the corruption under the police that lead to the country's downfall. Everyone is the same same, but we are seeing change in law enforcement. A positive step forward I would say even with double standards.