Watching I like HD TV.

Lungstib

Can anyone out there help a technical dummy with some information on watching programmes with a smart tv. My friend has said he watches I LIKE TV and uses an android top box. If I have a smart TV do i still need the top box? Being English and keen on motor racing these are my priorities, the BBC and the Formula 1. Is there a way of doing this by just paying for a piece of equipment or must I buy a monthly service. Living in the wilds outside of Tha Ton I have just had broadband 3BB installed and can't wait to get rid of True Move.

Any help will be appreciated. Tom.

Not sure if it works with smart tv ,if they have an Android system,download

the ilkieHD app from the Playstore or the ilkeHD web page, it costs 350 THB

pm, has all the channels you could want to watch, SKY F1 channel should be of

interest to you,once you have IlikeHD page on your browser,go to 7-11 and

buy 350THB True Money, it will come either as a till receipt or a card which

will have an 11 digit code on it, go to the buy points ,and enter the code,

when thats accepted ,go to buy packages and buy English channels +sports

then you are off and running,

You said you had 3BB do you know which package you have, you can buy a

50 THB package and just test it on your PC,just to make sure it will work for you,

if it works OK, you can connect your PC to tv with HDMI cable (if they both have

connections), if your PC does not have an outlet. go to www.lazada.co.th they

have a selection of Android boxes, 2500 THB, up to +-5K,get one of those,get

it sent C.O.D. if possible,just pay when it arrives,and just do the same as i told

you to do above.

If you are from UK, they have most SKY,BBC,ITV,and UKTV channels,plus lots

of Sports.well worth the money.any problems send PM and i will try help you

regards Worgeordie

• 7 months later...

Obviously I Like HD is a fly by night farang combined with Thai that is flying under the wire. They are stealing signals and trying to hide themselves. They are not a registered company and I suspect they pay no taxes. The government will catch up with what they are doing soon and they will be out of business. I found a gmail address on my other computer fro these people but you could not count on them answering you.

o

They are stealing all of these signals and it won't be so good for very long before they are shut down. There are a number of other companies doing the same thing.

Obviously I Like HD is a fly by night farang combined with Thai that is flying under the wire. They are stealing signals and trying to hide themselves. They are not a registered company and I suspect they pay no taxes. The government will catch up with what they are doing soon and they will be out of business. I found a gmail address on my other computer fro these people but you could not count on them answering you.

o

They are stealing all of these signals and it won't be so good for very long before they are shut down. There are a number of other companies doing the same thing.

Maybe Alan Reeks is involved in the company.]

By the way, I think all those companies offering this kind of service in Thailand are as legit as a thief in the night.

o

Welcome to Thailand. It was dreamboxes, then Vietnamese channels and now multiple streaming services where you pay for a reliable upstream hosted in Thailand.

Maybe one day the legal way of doing things will catch up with what the people want. The less than legal ways of viewing what you want offer a much greater selection of channels and are here for the long run. True have even set up a payment mechanism to cater for it.

o

I assume all of these companies are doing just that, although I stand to be corrected. BSkyB and BT TV don't appear to licence complete broadcasting en masse of all their channels to anyone, and one day the tipping point will be reached and they will start to act. At the moment it's mainly expats and they don't really care that much, but more and more people in UK are starting to use these services rather than paying the monthly subscription, which is their bread and butter (or not in the case of BT, just a nice sweetener to having your internet through them. As this starts to cut into their profit margin, they will crack down on it.

I like HD seems to have been going a while now and are good as you pay month to month rather than upfront, so if it all goes to pot you aren't losing a lot and can just say 'It was good while it lasted'.

I still like it for free via streaming - as long as you use Adblock and a flashblock program, you are never, ever bothered by ads (or that has been our experience, and we watch quite a bit of TV from UK, both free to air and not. Your mileage may differ).

Does anyone know how you contact I Like HD? I can't sign in on a new account.

Thanks.

I'd like to know the same thing, how to ask them a question?

Can't see any contact information on their website

[email protected], you should get a quick reply.

regards Worgeordie

I did get a response and answer to my question WG, albeit from a different email address

Good to keep under the radar I guess

Many thanks once again

I've been using ilikehd for over a year now and think it's a good deal. The Sky TV movie channels are well worth the money. Only problems are the aspect ratios of some channels are wrong, giving you a distorted image. And the user interface could be better.

I am really disappointed with iLikeHD, particularly the Android app. The Windows application is easy to use but I find the Android app really clumsy.

Even though I have a 30/10 fiber optic connection it buffers for a long time before a channel shows, particularly in the Android app. Sometimes the channels in my paid for package (like Sky Sport channels) become unavailable. Sometimes the Android box channels are not available but the Windows laptop programs are available.

The one great thing about iLikeHD is the month by month payment as I just paid for one month and probably won't waste my money on iLikeHD in the future. On paper the system looks great, but in actual practice there are still a lot of problems. I have another system which I thought was inferior but in fact turns out to be a better system.

My guess is that the other 'option' is 'Ex-Pat TV'--which I'm told is also very good.

I use ILikeHDTV, thanks to WG quite some time ago--yes, it has it's problems, sometimes Channels are down, sometimes there are other issues--but, compared to the ridiculous price I used to pay for my UBC Package, a long time ago--ILikeHDTV is a damn good alternative. And, as folks have said--we only pay Month by Month--although, it has just gone up in price from 350 baht/month to 550 or 600 baht for a similar option, it's still so much cheaper than any other providers.

Many thanks for those who helped. I have cleared my I Like HD. Their control and billing software needs improvement but overall their program is great. After thinking a bit, you buy subscriptions at 7-11 which is owned by the CP Group. HD may have some serious backing and me be around to stay. The developers must be English as most of the TV programs come from the UK. Hoping that they will expand to cover USA Sports and TV series.

o

I assume all of these companies are doing just that, although I stand to be corrected. BSkyB and BT TV don't appear to licence complete broadcasting en masse of all their channels to anyone, and one day the tipping point will be reached and they will start to act. At the moment it's mainly expats and they don't really care that much, but more and more people in UK are starting to use these services rather than paying the monthly subscription, which is their bread and butter (or not in the case of BT, just a nice sweetener to having your internet through them. As this starts to cut into their profit margin, they will crack down on it.

I like HD seems to have been going a while now and are good as you pay month to month rather than upfront, so if it all goes to pot you aren't losing a lot and can just say 'It was good while it lasted'.

I still like it for free via streaming - as long as you use Adblock and a flashblock program, you are never, ever bothered by ads (or that has been our experience, and we watch quite a bit of TV from UK, both free to air and not. Your mileage may differ).

It happened some years ago with the advent of foreign satellites being installed in UK public houses offering live premier league football at 3pm on a Saturday which is under UK law illegal to show.

The other options publicans had was to feed sky sports from their residential subscriptions which were considerably cheaper than a business subscription,that brought about the placing of the pint glass icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and the intermittent flashing of a unique number on the screen.

It will only be a matter of time before some of these services are possibly shut down,but with the advent of quicker internet speeds worldwide internet TV is the future.

It happened some years ago with the advent of foreign satellites being installed in UK public houses offering live premier league football at 3pm on a Saturday which is under UK law illegal to show.

A similar thing happened in Australia around 10 years ago when you could have pay tv or you could have a bodgy satellite. When only an odd couple of thousand people nationwide had satellites, they didn't care so much, but when it went almost mainstream and people were cancelling their subscriptions in large numbers, and some people were actually selling them in shopping malls, with a lot of people paying cheap monthly subscriptions to pirate,s the system was changed to lock all of those people out. Some had good runs -10 years plus - out of their satellite and receiver, with the only inconvenience being to have to rescan channels every now and again but the unlucky ones only got a month or two before the axe fell.

As I said, this isn't just the sports channels available from the new suppliers, this is taking every single channel on Sky/Virgin and offering them as a package. A few thousand expats flung across the world - meh, but not so ignorable when it's commercial, and when lots of Brits are thinking about or are already cancelling their subscriptions to Sky and Virgin. I think we may see the end of these services soon, which will be a great shame, but the people making the money aren't passing any of it back on to the cable companies, so we can't really blame them for cracking down.

We should all make hay while the sun shines. We will always be able to get free to air and freeview channels without much of a problem, and most of the sport is available elsewhere - when Sky Sports 1 isn't working and there's a football match Mr K wants to see, Astro (Malaysia) is the next to try then the US and Canadian sports channels, then the Indian channels and then - possibly without English commentary - Middle Eastern channels. You just have to find out which channel is broadcasting which match (that can be a bit of leg work). Only ever had to go to the US/Canadian channels a couple of times in several years, although he's had to go to Astro several times, sometimes just for a better stream, and presumably this option will always be there as it isn't taking anyone's service and reselling it as a whole rather than an odd couple of channels.

• 6 months later...

Also you dont need to pay anything for the ThaiTV channels..

I keep the app on all my TV boxes and my missus uses it on a laptop just for a clean collection of Thai signals without having to go around multiple Thai sites.

anyone know if you can watch the Thai feeds in the UK ??

I keep the app on all my TV boxes and my missus uses it on a laptop just for a clean collection of Thai signals without having to go around multiple Thai sites.

Contrary to what it says on the ilikehd website I have successfully used the app in the UK including the Thai channels.

Although at times there was buffering,but I suspect that's due to the servers being based in Bangkok.

I was using virgin media fibre optic 50 meg Internet.

You have to use a thai VPN or proxy server .

Archived