Ms Yingluck and her team meet with Daniel Russel

Lite Beer

USA has helped a lot in Making the world a safer place and helping world order ,just look at the middle east ,now lets start on the fare east ,

Having solved all the issues and pacified the Middle East and Ukraine, there's obviously plenty of time to nip in and fix a small issue like Thailand.

If the crook had fiddles his amnesty as planned, there wouldn't be this mess. And he's a pal and protege of Wall Street and all them good ole' bankers and finance boys.

They forge his family origin and all the dubious secretive deals his family like to try to do with the Chinese, just as quick as they forget his conviction and 15 outstanding court cases.

But hey, his puppet government which he openly ran and controlled despite being a convicted criminal fugitive was democratically elected even if he wasn't. But then democracy never really interested him.

His sister was removed by a court for power abuse and nepotism. She was at the very least extremely negligent when supposedly running the rice scam. and in most other duties expected of a PM, and refuses to answer questions to defend herself. She now faces a criminal court. The US seem happy to allow the "political" card to be played whenever it suits.

I used to like Obama, before he was first elected. Now it seems he can't tell lies from the truth anymore, and doesn't even seem bothered which is which. Posters on here say Thais don't learn from history. Does America - their last interference in South East Asia was a 'great' success.

good for the US I would hope and expect nothing less

Don't worry when Daniel Russell reports to Obama

" How did that airhead get a degree from a USA University ? We must improve the pass level for degrees eg be able to speak English and answer questions just not repeat prepared statements"

" Without buying an election with a Rice Scam, nobody would have elected these morons'

" No wonder these PTP leaders are facing a string of criminal charges, they are just straight out liars "

• Like 2

A new interference from US government in a Sovereign country affair........

How? What interference?

Have the Americans issued a formal statement on the meeting?

Not what Thaksin's cousin or one of his mates thought or said they said?

If they have, and they do say that YL's impeachment is politically motivated, then they are guilty of interfering and in a big way. They are attacking a decision based on political support rather than attacking the decision itself on the evidence and statement presented; and more importantly would be clearly seen as trying to influence impending court proceedings.

I can't believe even the current American regime would be dumb enough to believe YL's shoddy vague answers of "I'm innocent, I help farmers (not), and it was a good scheme with no problems"; or really believe that PTP are true champions of democracy and justice. Especially as the World Bank and IMF report otherwise.

So until there is an official version of comments by America, anything reported is just PTP's version, which we know from past experiences, is usually very economical with the truth.

No doubt the Thaksin, Amsterdam PR machine will spin this to US defending Yingluck. Stand by for an aircraft carrier battle group to visit Koh Tao.

• Like 1

This should never ever ever have been allowed to happen. The embassy and the foreign office of the USA should be very embarrassed about this.

If they are going to have meetings like this they may as well just come out and declare that the NLA and the junta are not legitimate.

I know thaksin used to kiss it up and keep it alive with business and trade; but there is no need for this at this point in time. PTP is done, they deserved getting caught, and there ain't any need to go suck it up with sob stories of family fiefdom tears.

good for the US I would hope and expect nothing less

" How did that airhead get a degree from a USA University ? We must improve the pass level for degrees eg be able to speak English and answer questions just not repeat prepared statements"

" Without buying an election with a Rice Scam, nobody would have elected these morons'

" No wonder these PTP leaders are facing a string of criminal charges, they are just straight out liars "

* At least they make other politicians look like honest boy scouts ?rolleyes.gif

"When an elected leader is removed from office, is deposed, then impeached by the authorities - the same authorities who conducted the coup - and then when a political leader is targeted with criminal charges at a time when the basic democratic processes and institutions of a country are interrupted, the international community is going to be left with the impression that these steps could in fact be politically driven."

Waiting for the usual TVF crew to explain Daniel Russel is a Thaksin stooge, dubai paymaster etc... whistling.gif

No need to wait for any of them to do that as you already suggested it and pre-laid the blame on them.

what a load, no wonder the US has become a crappy country when it does garbage like this. Giving yl and her corrupt crew somewhere to whinge and bitch after being caught with their fingers in the cookie jar is a joke, Thailand should tell them to take a hike and make it harder for the US to do business here pulling stunts like this. Have to wonder if a lone figure in a far off country has been making political donations to someone, definitely not how a world class country should be acting, sucking up to these dodgy ex ministers but then you cant help stupid

Indeed, you can't help stupid. Not everybody is sold on the Junta and martial law, some actually keep an open mind. You must have missed the part that said "The meeting was part of the US initiative to meet and hear the views of all political groups regarding the political situation here." On the grounds the government was an elected government overthrown by whoever instigated and drove the coup she probably has a right to an opinion and a right to be heard by something other than a kangaroo court? If the US feel the need to have their own opinion about all this then it would make sense to arrive at that opinion by listening to more than one source.

• Like 2

This should never ever ever have been allowed to happen. The embassy and the foreign office of the USA should be very embarrassed about this.

If they are going to have meetings like this they may as well just come out and declare that the NLA and the junta are not legitimate.

errr..... They're not are they? In the real World I mean.

what a load, no wonder the US has become a crappy country when it does garbage like this. Giving yl and her corrupt crew somewhere to whinge and bitch after being caught with their fingers in the cookie jar is a joke, Thailand should tell them to take a hike and make it harder for the US to do business here pulling stunts like this. Have to wonder if a lone figure in a far off country has been making political donations to someone, definitely not how a world class country should be acting, sucking up to these dodgy ex ministers but then you cant help stupid

You're missing the point ... like it or not YS was democratically elected and the US likes democracy. She was effectively deposed in an illegal coup and therefore the US are more likely to take her side as her government was legitimate.

We all know why the military has stepped in but no one is allowed to talk about it ... so much for democracy and freedom of speech.

What Thailand needs is an election without military interference and yet that's not going to happen.

• Like 2

I like how the photo Op has it look like Yingluck is actually talking to this guy. She refused to debate the opposition going into the erection. She refused to talk to the NACC and NLA to answer questions related to her ineptitude and corruption. If she actually talked then I am sure she looked like the stooge that she is.

And what business does the US have talking to an impeached PM anyway? Goes to show that the US has their money tied up with the Shin's. The US doesn't stick their nose in the do whats right, they stick their nose in to protect their financial interests (you don't see the US putting much effort to resolving the crimes against humanity in Nigeria with Boko Haram, no money in it).

I suggest the US does some quick damage control on this, as stupid stunts like this will alienate Thailand and push them closer to relations with China.

• Like 1

It is cute of you to fantasize about an imaginary dialogue that fits your views but the reality of what he ACTUALLY said is very different wai.gif

Edited by firestar

This reminds me of the comments some give when a government spokes colonel describes the successful meeting with this or that official. So apart from former MoFA relative Surapong's comments we only seem to have

"The meeting was part of the US initiative to meet and hear the views of all political groups regarding the political situation here."

No comment from the American chaps till know? When's he scheduled to meet the Democrat party, Banharn's lot, the Newin gang and some of the smaller parties? Will he also have a chat with former MP General Sonthi ?

Americans will talk to anyone.....even Cubans now....doesn't do much good but I suppose it makes them feel better and important

This reminds me of the comments some give when a government spokes colonel describes the successful meeting with this or that official. So apart from former MoFA relative Surapong's comments we only seem to have

"The meeting was part of the US initiative to meet and hear the views of all political groups regarding the political situation here."

No comment from the American chaps till know? When's he scheduled to meet the Democrat party, Banharn's lot, the Newin gang and some of the smaller parties? Will he also have a chat with former MP General Sonthi ?

Americans will talk to anyone.....even Cubans now....doesn't do much good but I suppose it makes them feel better and important

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"declare that the NLA and the junta are not legitimate"

Sometime you don't have to state the obvious.

• Like 1

if you are American, then feel free to criticize your own country.

If you are not American, then feel free to criticize your own country.

Otherwise, feel free to keep your clap shut.

(btw, did you read that Russel also met with Abhisit and the general running the foreign ministry, or are you posting in total ignorance?)

Who died and made you junta commander, Mr Champion of Democracy and Free Speech?

I thought it was 'Halloween' but then he started posting again, ... too bad, really....

if you are American, then feel free to criticize your own country.

If you are not American, then feel free to criticize your own country.

Otherwise, feel free to keep your clap shut.

(btw, did you read that Russel also met with Abhisit and the general running the foreign ministry, or are you posting in total ignorance?)

I am american and I do not mind people from any country criticizing the american government.

Thank you sir! You are a real American!

I'm British, but more than happy for anybody to criticize the British, or EU, government. In fact, quite willing to help wai.gif

Of course the Shin supporters on here don't tolerate free speech if it's remotely against their elite family heroes.

like I said feel free to criticize your own country...

As a brit, you owe America more than you can ever repay....

• Like 1

I am american and I do not mind people from any country criticizing the american government.

Thank you sir! You are a real American!

I'm British, but more than happy for anybody to criticize the British, or EU, government. In fact, quite willing to help wai.gif

Of course the Shin supporters on here don't tolerate free speech if it's remotely against their elite family heroes.

like I said feel free to criticize your own country...

As a brit, you owe America more than you can ever repay....

Come on guys, criticize honestly.

BTW I'm not sure the America lots of countries in Western Europe were grateful of still exists.

Why in the world is the US State Department meeting with YL and interfering in Thai politics? Let alone on US taxpayer's money? This is preposterous. The US should be ashamed.

Nothing to be ashamed about, was in US papers a week ago that the Government was sending over a representative to meet with a member of General Pryuths Staff and all former elected parties to see how the policies to return to a democracy where going. Specifically they wanted to meet Abhsit (and have spoke with him) Yingluck and other parties to ascertian why the coup occured and what measures are being taken to restore an elected Government. I would asume that if the US doesn't like what it hears Russia won't be the only country facing sanctions.

And after being out of the Phillippines for 22 years the US has signed a 10 year lease to use Subic Bay and an airfield there so doesn't need Thailand anymore for war games or strategic importance.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The whole world, except for a few pig-headed fascists on TVF, know that the junta's illegal actions & trumped-up political charges are wrong, unjust and selfish. Any self-respecting western democracy decries the oppression of a nation by military force. Good on the US for making it public & showing up the angry General by refusing to give him an audience. I bet there were a lot of toys flying out of his army cot!
It doesn't matter what you think. The junta is running things so you just have to accept that whether you think its legal or not.
But this action the US is making is a joke. They know well and clear how corrupt thak and the gov was before and they benefited from that whereas now they are in a hole losing light to the Chinese.
But to go to YL and her ex ministers is ludicrous. Especially thinking they would get some truth about what is happening here.
Everyone has seen how easily the PTP lie and twist the facts to make themselves the saviors. Their idea of democracy was do as I say, not as I do.
The real question was what were they really talking about? Why would the US send someone here to hold a private meeting with a bunch of ex good for nothings who are already in a heap of legal troubles?
The US is a sneaky sh-- and always uses foreign affairs for other motives.

Read the article! "The meeting was part of the US initiative to meet and hear the views of all political groups regarding the political situation here." From that statement I would assume that they are meeting representatives of other parties as well but hopefully not the PM. Since she was the leader of the PTP as PM why wouldn't the US want her take on things? They have probably had or will have talks with the Democrats as well.

It is interesting to me that so many here on TV accept the fact that a military coup occurred in Thailand with such delight. The coup did not occur as a result of great civil strife but as an opportunistic time for certain people to set about to make the government over in their model and to their benefit. That is corruption in the worse case. These posters accept it because in their myopic view, Yingluck is just a rich bi*ch that they can not stand and in "their" opinion led the country down a road of corruption. I would remind them that she and her party were "elected" for better or worse by the people and further that corruption in Thailand is everywhere and she did not invent it, nor has she been proven guilty of corruption. They have her convicted even before a trial. She has been impeached by a body of hand picked "yes-men" and she will probably be found guilty of dereliction of duty by prosecutors and courts influenced by the general (who would dare go against him?). Sorry folks, but this is a one man show and the outcome will be base solely on political considerations by the self appointed PM. So for all of you expats that like this coup and now can walk down the streets of Bangkok and carry on with your personal lives in peace, I would remind you that life in Pongyang is also very calm and peaceful. You now carry on your daily lives in a country where political descent is restricted, freedom of the press is restricted, freedom to gather and meet restricted and corruption is as big as ever. Enjoy!

• Like 2

How? What interference?

If they have, and they do say that YL's impeachment is politically motivated, then they are guilty of interfering and in a big way. They are attacking a decision based on political support rather than attacking the decision itself on the evidence and statement presented; and more importantly would be clearly seen as trying to influence impending court proceedings.

I can't believe even the current American regime would be dumb enough to believe YL's shoddy vague answers of "I'm innocent, I help farmers (not), and it was a good scheme with no problems"; or really believe that PTP are true champions of democracy and justice. Especially as the World Bank and IMF report otherwise.

So until there is an official version of comments by America, anything reported is just PTP's version, which we know from past experiences, is usually very economical with the truth.

No doubt the Thaksin, Amsterdam PR machine will spin this to US defending Yingluck. Stand by for an aircraft carrier battle group to visit Koh Tao.

If you actually read, and understood, the various stories related to the US visit, before launching yet another angry, uninformed tirade, you would have read that most of the quotes came from a speech that the envoy gave at a university.

But don't let the truth get in the way of an angry tirade!

The statement "In a speech at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Mr Russel said the US was "particularly concerned that the political process doesn't seem to represent all elements in Thai society" shows a good understanding of the entire situation. The short-sighted goals of the junta, which you seem to share, are primarily revenge-driven, rather than focusing on long term reforms that will actually enable reconciliation.

And yes, they did say that the impeachment would be regarded as politically motivated, because it was. You may be fooled, or in denial because of your obvious emotional issues with the previous adminstration, but anyone who looks at this objectively can see that it was entirely politically motivated. The issues could have been addressed in court, and this would have been seen as more legitimate, but this was too slow and would not support the primary goal, even before reforms, of the junta to eliminate political opponents before the next election, whenever that will be.

Very clever Brucie - I read the later reports too, after already replying to this thread.

Haven't you noticed that Thai governments have a liking for making statements on behalf of others? Quite reasonable to wonder. don't you think, before reading a later thread, like you, that had the information in about Chula.

Reconciliation will not be achieved by or facilitated by a blanket amnesty - that is a PTP / Thaksin goal which you seem to share. Real democracy can never be sustained without a robust judicial system that dispenses law and order to all, equally and without favor or bias. That has to start somewhere. Allowing Yingluck and others to walk away, with no consequences for illegal actions will simply reinforce the idea to the masses that the rich elites are above the law.

Whether the reformers will have the balls to address all the political, judicial and civil service reforms necessary is something we have to wait to see. No previous government has been willing to grasp the nettles, and the task is not to be underestimated.

The impeachment process is a political procedure, voted on by the senate. The trial in the Supreme Court is not. It is a criminal process decided by a court of judges. If she is found guilty of crimes, then that will not be political. Although the PTP PR people will try and say it was, as they did with every court decision that goes against them. Ones that go in their favor aren't political of course.

I have no emotional issue with the previous government - other than I don't like lying cheats, who treat the country and its people with contempt, and allowed a non elected criminal fugitive to be a controlling part of that government. I would criticize any government who behaved in such underhanded and shoddy ways.

The whole world, except for a few pig-headed fascists on TVF, know that the junta's illegal actions & trumped-up political charges are wrong, unjust and selfish. Any self-respecting western democracy decries the oppression of a nation by military force. Good on the US for making it public & showing up the angry General by refusing to give him an audience. I bet there were a lot of toys flying out of his army cot!
It doesn't matter what you think. The junta is running things so you just have to accept that whether you think its legal or not.

But this action the US is making is a joke. They know well and clear how corrupt thak and the gov was before and they benefited from that whereas now they are in a hole losing light to the Chinese.

But to go to YL and her ex ministers is ludicrous. Especially thinking they would get some truth about what is happening here.

Everyone has seen how easily the PTP lie and twist the facts to make themselves the saviors. Their idea of democracy was do as I say, not as I do.

The real question was what were they really talking about? Why would the US send someone here to hold a private meeting with a bunch of ex good for nothings who are already in a heap of legal troubles?

The US is a sneaky sh-- and always uses foreign affairs for other motives.

Read the article! "The meeting was part of the US initiative to meet and hear the views of all political groups regarding the political situation here." From that statement I would assume that they are meeting representatives of other parties as well but hopefully not the PM. Since she was the leader of the PTP as PM why wouldn't the US want her take on things? They have probably had or will have talks with the Democrats as well.

It is interesting to me that so many here on TV accept the fact that a military coup occurred in Thailand with such delight. The coup did not occur as a result of great civil strife but as an opportunistic time for certain people to set about to make the government over in their model and to their benefit. That is corruption in the worse case. These posters accept it because in their myopic view, Yingluck is just a rich bi*ch that they can not stand and in "their" opinion led the country down a road of corruption. I would remind them that she and her party were "elected" for better or worse by the people and further that corruption in Thailand is everywhere and she did not invent it, nor has she been proven guilty of corruption. They have her convicted even before a trial. She has been impeached by a body of hand picked "yes-men" and she will probably be found guilty of dereliction of duty by prosecutors and courts influenced by the general (who would dare go against him?). Sorry folks, but this is a one man show and the outcome will be base solely on political considerations by the self appointed PM. So for all of you expats that like this coup and now can walk down the streets of Bangkok and carry on with your personal lives in peace, I would remind you that life in Pongyang is also very calm and peaceful. You now carry on your daily lives in a country where political descent is restricted, freedom of the press is restricted, freedom to gather and meet restricted and corruption is as big as ever. Enjoy!

Other related articles do say the Americans also met with Abishit and the Dems; as well as representatives from the current government, but not the PM.

I take it from your comments you weren't in Bangkok during the protests, which started when PTP tries to shoddily ram an amnesty bill through parliament that would have cleared all Thaksin's conviction and outstanding charges completely? The rest you can read up on. But things were getting out of control and PTP were in capable or unwilling for the own agenda, to get a grip. At the time, many thought Thaksin was trying to provoke a coup. PTP supporters always like the myth that all court decisions against them are political, biased and unfair. Yeah, right. As for Yingluck, Her brother has made her a billionaire and she enjoys a lifestyle most Thais can only ever dream of. Her brother clearly used her and has gotten her into this mess. I have many friends that voted PTP, knowing she was number 1 on the party list and that she had no experience or suitable skills to do the job. They hoped she's be a breath of fresh air, give the old elite guard a kick up the arse and do some really good things. None thought that she's simply be Thaksin's puppet and that he'd micro manage everything and start the same tricks. All are bitterly disappointed and most think she deserves to be punished. It's the let down of their hopes, yet again, that really hurts.

How long did you live in NK for?

"declare that the NLA and the junta are not legitimate"

Sometime you don't have to state the obvious.

Well, the govt is making a pretty good fist of implying that its just politics.

How? What interference?

If you actually read, and understood, the various stories related to the US visit, before launching yet another angry, uninformed tirade, you would have read that most of the quotes came from a speech that the envoy gave at a university.

But don't let the truth get in the way of an angry tirade!

The statement "In a speech at Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, Mr Russel said the US was "particularly concerned that the political process doesn't seem to represent all elements in Thai society" shows a good understanding of the entire situation. The short-sighted goals of the junta, which you seem to share, are primarily revenge-driven, rather than focusing on long term reforms that will actually enable reconciliation.

And yes, they did say that the impeachment would be regarded as politically motivated, because it was. You may be fooled, or in denial because of your obvious emotional issues with the previous adminstration, but anyone who looks at this objectively can see that it was entirely politically motivated. The issues could have been addressed in court, and this would have been seen as more legitimate, but this was too slow and would not support the primary goal, even before reforms, of the junta to eliminate political opponents before the next election, whenever that will be.

Very clever Brucie - I read the later reports too, after already replying to this thread.

Haven't you noticed that Thai governments have a liking for making statements on behalf of others? Quite reasonable to wonder. don't you think, before reading a later thread, like you, that had the information in about Chula.

Reconciliation will not be achieved by or facilitated by a blanket amnesty - that is a PTP / Thaksin goal which you seem to share. Real democracy can never be sustained without a robust judicial system that dispenses law and order to all, equally and without favor or bias. That has to start somewhere. Allowing Yingluck and others to walk away, with no consequences for illegal actions will simply reinforce the idea to the masses that the rich elites are above the law.

Whether the reformers will have the balls to address all the political, judicial and civil service reforms necessary is something we have to wait to see. No previous government has been willing to grasp the nettles, and the task is not to be underestimated.

The impeachment process is a political procedure, voted on by the senate. The trial in the Supreme Court is not. It is a criminal process decided by a court of judges. If she is found guilty of crimes, then that will not be political. Although the PTP PR people will try and say it was, as they did with every court decision that goes against them. Ones that go in their favor aren't political of course.

I have no emotional issue with the previous government - other than I don't like lying cheats, who treat the country and its people with contempt, and allowed a non elected criminal fugitive to be a controlling part of that government. I would criticize any government who behaved in such underhanded and shoddy ways.

You have obviously missed the entire point of the envoy ' s comments.

You use the phrase robust judicial system dispensing justice for all, something we can all agree is a noble goal, but somehow think that the impeachment process was a reflection of this. The envoy pointed out that the world saw this as slightly less. There was bias in the process, which is a corruption in itself. The junta lost a lot of world credibility, something that was already in short supply, when it went through with the impeachment charade.

I'm not advocating an amnesty. If crimes were committed, then justice should be served. But do not mistake the impeachment process as any form of justice being served. It was nothing more than a good old fashioned lynching from a carefully selected lynch mob. Edited by brucec64

After reading this statement I'm just glad, that you are not the leader of any country.

Right so you would rather have a Dumb Ass Puppet who stole as much as possible be a leader of a country !! Is your real name HOMER !!