Pattaya agent to handle retirement extension

I have a clash of dates where I have a very important morning appointment at the UK Embassy in Bangkok the same day as I need to file my Retirement extension in Jomtien. Unfortunately, neither date can be deferred. Can someone recommend a very competent agent in Pattaya that can file the extension paperwork on my behalf? Maybe they are TV sponsors or known to be able to do this job in the applicant's absentia.

Thanks!

NL

You have a problem with this timescale. Have you checked to see if you can renew a day or two later, as per the 90 day.?

I'm sure you could get away with that if you popped down tomorrow and spoke to them. If it had expired on a Sunday then Monday would have been OK, so what's the difference?

Surely THE most important thing when a visitor to a foreign country is your visa/ permission to stay. This should trump all other appointments.

Appointment in Bangkok on Thursday, are we missing out Wednesday this week.

• Like 1

Just go and do the renewal today. Or am I missing something?

Depending on the time of day you may have to come back the next day to collect it.

Even so, had he started the extension on Tuesday pm it would have been ready for Wednesday am at the latest thus allowing plenty of time to get to Bangkok for Thursday.

Agent ....... (good one) cost about 13 000,but heard there are ones doing it for for 8 or 9

As far as I know the agents who charge around 10-15KB are arranging the entire extension, including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all. None of which is legal. They dont use Jomtien office either.

You have a problem with this timescale. Have you checked to see if you can renew a day or two later, as per the 90 day.?

I'm sure you could get away with that if you popped down tomorrow and spoke to them. If it had expired on a Sunday then Monday would have been OK, so what's the difference?

Does the "if closed, the next day is ok" rule work with retirement extensions? You can certainly do them in advance (many weeks in advance if you have a real need) but I don't think they are very flexible about doing them late.

Personally I've always gone out of my way to avoid having to find out.

Wouldn't your passport also need to be two places at the same time ?

Could even be three places.

The Trendy Office Building on Suk Soi 13 (where you go to renew a British passport), the British Embassy where the OP is apparently going, as well as the Immigration Office.

Agent ....... (good one) cost about 13 000,but heard there are ones doing it for for 8 or 9

As far as I know the agents who charge around 10-15KB are arranging the entire extension, including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all. None of which is legal. They dont use Jomtien office either.

Not wishing to be argumentative, but what is not legal about an immigration officer's extension stamp?

This Thursday is the day the current extension expires, same day as my embassy appointment. It is a last-minute job due to passport renewals. So I still need a reliable, proven agent to do the immigration business for me at Jomtien.

A good example of why it's better not to leave extension renewal to the "last minute" when you could have done the renewal 30 to 45 days ahead of its expiration without loss of days.

I thought even if an agent represented you, that you still need to be personally present at the immigration office?

And if you're going to your embassy regarding passport renewal, won't you need your passport in Bangkok as identification at the embassy and for the passport renewal ... and the passport would also need to be present for the extension renewal at Jomtien.

A good example of having no useful information to lend.

I mentioned earlier that my passport was being renewed. It was full and had no room for the new extension. Renewing a UK passport over the Christmas and New Year holidays?... you do the math.

Despite the wording on the official documents that applications must be done in person, agents can handle these matters. It's a matter of cost. That's why you don't see rich retirees hanging about Jomtien Soi 5.

Don't worry about my ID at the British Embassy, I have 2 UK passports... the other one is also full and being renewed.

Surely THE most important thing when a visitor to a foreign country is your visa/ permission to stay. This should trump all other appointments.

Appointment in Bangkok on Thursday, are we missing out Wednesday this week.

Another official appointment in Bangkok on Wednesday... just got back.

After the morning embassy appointment, have a taxi standing by to whisk you to Jomtien. Isn't spending the 2000 baht fare far better than losing your extension continuance?

That is the silver bullet solution... but if an agent can do the Jomtien bit, then less fraught.

Not wishing to be argumentative, but what is not legal about an immigration officer's extension stamp?

It is clear that in fact you have a wish, as know for a long time already, to be argumentative otherwise you would have read the whole post.

Did it mention anything about the stamp? No it didn't but it said including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all.None of which is legal.

This Thursday is the day the current extension expires, same day as my embassy appointment. It is a last-minute job due to passport renewals. So I still need a reliable, proven agent to do the immigration business for me at Jomtien.

A good example of why it's better not to leave extension renewal to the "last minute" when you could have done the renewal 30 to 45 days ahead of its expiration without loss of days.

I thought even if an agent represented you, that you still need to be personally present at the immigration office?

And if you're going to your embassy regarding passport renewal, won't you need your passport in Bangkok as identification at the embassy and for the passport renewal ... and the passport would also need to be present for the extension renewal at Jomtien.

A good example of having no useful information to lend.

I mentioned earlier that my passport was being renewed. It was full and had no room for the new extension. Renewing a UK passport over the Christmas and New Year holidays?... you do the math.

Despite the wording on the official documents that applications must be done in person, agents can handle these matters. It's a matter of cost. That's why you don't see rich retirees hanging about Jomtien Soi 5.

Don't worry about my ID at the British Embassy, I have 2 UK passports... the other one is also full and being renewed.

Despite the wording on the official documents that applications must be done in person, agents can handle these matters.

But because agents can handle these matters doesn't make them legal. Some years ago agents could handle your passport traveling to Hawaii, while you were sipping a beer in Soi 8, but it became proven later that wasn't legal either.

Does the "if closed, the next day is ok" rule work with retirement extensions? You can certainly do them in advance (many weeks in advance if you have a real need) but I don't think they are very flexible about doing them late.

I found out the hard way a couple of years ago. My extension was due to expire on the 12th of a month but I had the 16th in my mind.

I showed up at Immigration in Udorn on the 16th with everything in hand.

They renewed it with no problem...as soon as I paid the 500 baht per day for overstay.

My little mistake on the date cost me 2,000 baht.

NanLaew, you might want to consider simply paying the 500 baht overstay and go in on Friday. Why not go to Immigration today and find out what you can do?

I found out the hard way a couple of years ago. My extension was due to expire on the 12th of a month but I had the 16th in my mind.

I showed up at Immigration in Udorn on the 16th with everything in hand.

They renewed it with no problem...as soon as I paid the 500 baht per day for overstay.

My little mistake on the date cost me 2,000 baht.

NanLaew, you might want to consider simply paying the 500 baht overstay and go in on Friday. Why not go to Immigration today and find out what you can do?

A very good suggestion indeed!

Thanks.

I dont know about some of you but, if you live in a foreign country, the most important date (s) of your life are your passport and or your visa expiration dates. Everything in your world should revolve about them and be second.

I asked last week here in Phuket how much a retired visa would cost. Two long term very established companies quoted me 30000 baht. I laughed and asked why so much? They both said Phuket. I did it myself yesterday for 2000 baht. There are suckers born every minute.

I've used an agent for the last 2 years to get around the 800k in the bank..............she also does my 90 day reporting for me for 300 baht (yes i know its free)...........i/m due to extend again in March and on seeing her for my 90 day report this month she told me i had to go along with her in March for a photo to be taken at Soi 5 unlike the last 2 years where 2 passport photos were enough .........still no problem in obtaining the years extension.

Should add.............her husband is a higher up immigration official at soi 5 thats the only reason i trust and use her................

Edited by thaiflyer1

It is clear that in fact you have a wish, as know for a long time already, to be argumentative otherwise you would have read the whole post.

Did it mention anything about the stamp? No it didn't but it said including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all.None of which is legal.

I should have expected you to poke your nose in.

The whole point of the exercise is to obtain an extension. To obtain an extension you have to have a stamp - duly applied by an immigration officer. My question, which was clearly too difficult for you (and hence, not directed at you) was to ask.... follow carefully here Anthony because your track record on matters of immigration are not too sharp...... "what is not legal about an extension stamp?"