Pattaya agent to handle retirement extension

Agent ....... (good one) cost about 13 000,but heard there are ones doing it for for 8 or 9

As far as I know the agents who charge around 10-15KB are arranging the entire extension, including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all. None of which is legal. They dont use Jomtien office either.

I've used an agent for the last 2 years to get around the 800k in the bank..............she also does my 90 day reporting for me for 300 baht (yes i know its free)...........i/m due to extend again in March and on seeing her for my 90 day report this month she told me i had to go along with her in March for a photo to be taken at Soi 5 unlike the last 2 years where 2 passport photos were enough .........still no problem in obtaining the years extension.

Should add.............her husband is a higher up immigration official at soi 5 thats the only reason i trust and use her................

Could you please let me know the details of this agent - in a PM if necessary?

Agent ....... (good one) cost about 13 000,but heard there are ones doing it for for 8 or 9

As far as I know the agents who charge around 10-15KB are arranging the entire extension, including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all. None of which is legal. They dont use Jomtien office either.

I've used an agent for the last 2 years to get around the 800k in the bank..............she also does my 90 day reporting for me for 300 baht (yes i know its free)...........i/m due to extend again in March and on seeing her for my 90 day report this month she told me i had to go along with her in March for a photo to be taken at Soi 5 unlike the last 2 years where 2 passport photos were enough .........still no problem in obtaining the years extension.

Should add.............her husband is a higher up immigration official at soi 5 thats the only reason i trust and use her................

There are ways to get around the 800K in a Thai bank without using an agent and I hope she is following the rules. I have a friend who can show the equivalent of 800K by using income verification and only (100k) in a Thai bank.

My experience is that most agents offer the 800k in bank to give an extension based on retirement. It's not legal according to the law but the stamp comes from Chonburi immigration so when it's done you have a legal extension.

My experience is that most agents offer the 800k in bank to give an extension based on retirement. It's not legal according to the law but the stamp comes from Chonburi immigration so when it's done you have a legal extension.

The funds must have nested for 90 days for a retirement renewal so for the agent to give a foreigner a short term loan so to speak would require some long term planning.

There are ways to get around the 800K in a Thai bank without using an agent and I hope she is following the rules. I have a friend who can show the equivalent of 800K by using income verification and only (100k) in a Thai bank.

Yes i know its 800k either in the bank or income or combination thereof...........i/m 52 so dont have a pension or income so to speak..........my cash is from house sales in the Uk which i have invested and a proportion in liquid form in a UK bank to access monthly.................i just dont want to put the 800k over here in a bank......

Sorry MZurf..........for obvious reasons i cannot divulge the agent i use either on the forum or by pm....................

Sorry MZurf..........for obvious reasons i cannot divulge the agent i use either on the forum or by pm....................

Yes, it is best not to say anymore, I am sure we all understand what is taking place is not kosher and I personally wouldn't want any part of it.

Not wishing to be argumentative, but what is not legal about an immigration officer's extension stamp?

It is clear that in fact you have a wish, as know for a long time already, to be argumentative otherwise you would have read the whole post.

Did it mention anything about the stamp? No it didn't but it said including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all.None of which is legal.

I should have expected you to poke your nose in.

The whole point of the exercise is to obtain an extension. To obtain an extension you have to have a stamp - duly applied by an immigration officer. My question, which was clearly too difficult for you (and hence, not directed at you) was to ask.... follow carefully here Anthony because your track record on matters of immigration are not too sharp...... "what is not legal about an extension stamp?"

The extension stamp is "legal" untill the officer in question gets busted for taken financial compensation to overlook that not all rules are met.

You not gonna argue that the officer in question does this for free, do you?

When the officer in question gets busted, all stamps he has applied will become illegal, and the passport holders will be in deep shit.

There are several examples of such events, where an officer got busted entering legal illegal stamps in peoples passport, available already.

she told me i had to go along with her in March for a photo to be taken at Soi 5 unlike the last 2 years

Be careful that there is no measure on the wall behind you when they take the photo, and that the big black truck isn't parked outside.biggrin.png

NB

Anthony5 and others

Tried to multi quote but the auto mechanics of the forum wouldn't allow me too, so this is in answer to a few of the latter posts from various people

Having considered this situation for many months I have a feeling that although most of what you say is correct, your conclusion that it is illegal may not be the case.

Getting a visa extension via any of the agents or even immigration staff direct Etc as long as there was at the relative moment in time 800K baht in the applicant's bank account then I think that you would be Ok even if the shizer hit the fan.

I will not go into the whys and wherefores of my judgement on this issue but will point out that the Immigration officer has a lot of discretionary powers and it may well be that the issue of a visa extension in certain circumstances is covered by these discretionary powers and thereby "legal"

If the OP would like to PM me I would be able to place him in the very capable hands of an agent who is both reliable and efficient within this area and also not a rip off merchant

Edited by n210mp

Not wishing to be argumentative, but what is not legal about an immigration officer's extension stamp?

It is clear that in fact you have a wish, as know for a long time already, to be argumentative otherwise you would have read the whole post.

Did it mention anything about the stamp? No it didn't but it said including the bank deposit, and the presence of the applicant is not required at all.None of which is legal.

The extension stamp is "legal" untill the officer in question gets busted for taken financial compensation to overlook that not all rules are met.

When the officer in question gets busted, all stamps he has applied will become illegal, and the passport holders will be in deep shit.

There are several examples of such events, where an officer got busted entering legal illegal stamps in peoples passport, available already.

Show me an example of this been reported in media.

I have never heard of any foreigners been in trouble just because an officer has been busted . When you have a legal stamp in the passport they can't just take it away from you.

Yes I have no doubts that the immigration official receives money under the table , but this is very organized and all agents I have been to , both in Bangkok and Pattaya offer this "extra service". It didn't change after the military coup , and its been like this for at least 10 years.

Do you think they suddenly decides to hunt down all the agents and foreigners that have a legal visa in their passport just because an immigration official is corrupted ? We are talking about 10000's of foreigners here.

I have never heard of any foreigners been in trouble just because an officer has been busted . When you have a legal stamp in the passport they can't just take it away from you.

Yes I have no doubts that the immigration official receives money under the table , but this is very organized and all agents I have been to , both in Bangkok and Pattaya offer this "extra service". It didn't change after the military coup , and its been like this for at least 10 years.

Do you think they suddenly decides to hunt down all the agents and foreigners that have a legal visa in their passport just because an immigration official is corrupted ? We are talking about 10000's of foreigners here.

There was something about such an event in the Visa forum, but I can't be arsed to look it up.

Why don't you pm Ubonjoe and ask him if it is illegal and if you can be in deep shit if they find out?

The whole point of the exercise is to obtain an extension. To obtain an extension you have to have a stamp - duly applied by an immigration officer. My question, which was clearly too difficult for you (and hence, not directed at you) was to ask.... follow carefully here Anthony because your track record on matters of immigration are not too sharp...... "what is not legal about an extension stamp?"

I don't disagree with you and I personally would not risk such a 'legal' stamp (unless I was on my ar5e and paying 11,200 Baht was my ONLY option).

However, thousands do which just goes to show the depth of the corruption involved. It also suggests that there are too many vested interest for it to be stopped any time soon.

I don't agree that multiple passport holders will be in deep do do. If an individual officer falls foul of his superiors I would suggest that it just one avenue that becomes closed - it is not just one or two people benefiting from this 'black money'.

I was commenting on the legality of "arranging" (ie bypassing) the deposit requirements and the requirement that the application be made in person. On top of that people I know who have done this received extensions that came from an Immigration office a long way away in a place that they had never been to, which as far as I know is also illegal as it should be done in your place of residence.

I cant comment on the actual validity of the stamp but in most countries documents obtained by fraud are generally considered to be invalid.

• Like 1

I found out the hard way a couple of years ago. My extension was due to expire on the 12th of a month but I had the 16th in my mind.

I showed up at Immigration in Udorn on the 16th with everything in hand.

They renewed it with no problem...as soon as I paid the 500 baht per day for overstay.

My little mistake on the date cost me 2,000 baht.

Expensive, but a reasonable (and entirely legitimate) solution.

I don't disagree with you and I personally would not risk such a 'legal' stamp (unless I was on my ar5e and paying 11,200 Baht was my ONLY option).

However, thousands do which just goes to show the depth of the corruption involved. It also suggests that there are too many vested interest for it to be stopped any time soon.

I don't agree that multiple passport holders will be in deep do do. If an individual officer falls foul of his superiors I would suggest that it just one avenue that becomes closed - it is not just one or two people benefiting from this 'black money'.

I don't know how long you're here, but I'm here a long time, and remember many stories.

About 20 years ago it was common that people gave their passport to an office named MJ enterprises in Pattaya, and they did a visa run for you. They also could get a new visa for you, without you leaving your barstool, and some were stamped in Hawaii. It was a service that was widely know and used. One day they found out, and the passport holders were indeed in deep problems, and I don't know if they have located Miss May and Jim yet.

Another story involved a visa shop on Soi Bhuakoaw, fcrom which the owner is now infamous since he is accused of attempted murder( story elsewhere on this forum), and involved officers in the Jomtien office. Again they found out and the passport holders were once again in big do do.

Both stories made it to the newspapers.

I have never heard of any foreigners been in trouble just because an officer has been busted .

When you have a legal stamp in the passport they can't just take it away from you.

You didn't read carefully enough. Several cases reported on this TV forum. I remember a guy from my country who had a restaurant making good business near Bangkok. As he had few time he always let his lawyer manage everything about passport and immigration. As he was once leaving the country for holidays, he was taken in a room apart at the airport control and informed that his extension had been cancelled some months ago. He had no idea something was wrong with his stamps. They put him in prison not for overstay, but for use of illegal stamps/documents. He stayed there several weeks! before friends and family managed to get him out. It was such a bad experience that he sold everything and returned his country. It was probably 3 or 4 years ago already and reported in newspapers and even TV at this time.

Edited by Pattaya46

I have never heard of any foreigners been in trouble just because an officer has been busted .

When you have a legal stamp in the passport they can't just take it away from you.

You didn't read carefully enough. Several cases reported on this TV forum. I remember a guy from my country who had a restaurant making good business near Bangkok. As he had few time he always let his lawyer manage everything about passport and immigration. As he was once leaving the country for holidays, he was taken in a room apart at the airport control and informed that his extension had been cancelled some months ago. He had no idea something was wrong with his stamps. They put him in prison not for overstay, but for use of illegal stamps/documents. He stayed there several weeks! before friends and family managed to get him out. It was such a bad experience that he sold everything and returned his country. It was probably 3 or 4 years ago already and reported in newspapers and even TV at this time.

This is a different story , a cancelled business visa , maybe even a fake visa that came from the lawyer.

I want to know any cases regarding extensions based on retirement and involving corruption among immigration officials that leads to the arrest of both the immigration officiial , the agent and all the expats who used his service. I know at least 5 persons been using agents for years without 800k in the bank, 800k was borrowed from the agent and returned back within days, then it was accepted by the immigration .

But it must be used in the same province, try to get it in Bangkok and then go to Chonburi for extension , that will not work .

Edited by balo

This is a different story , a cancelled business visa , maybe even a fake visa that came from the lawyer.

I want to know any cases regarding extensions based on retirement and involving corruption among immigration officials that leads to the arrest of both the immigration officiial , the agent and all the expats who used his service. I know at least 5 persons been using agents for years without 800k in the bank, 800k was borrowed from the agent and returned back within days, then it was accepted by the immigration .

But it must be used in the same province, try to get it in Bangkok and then go to Chonburi for extension , that will not work .

I wonder why in the visa rules is written that for a retirement extension the 800K has to be seasoned for 90 days in your account, and there is no line added " or borrowed from an agent" .coffee1.gif

I wonder why in the visa rules is written that for a retirement extension the 800K has to be seasoned for 90 days in your account, and there is no line added " or borrowed from an agent" .coffee1.gif

We all agree its not according to the law which says you need to deposit 800k for minimum 3 months , but as many other things in Thailand , the law is not always enforced.

I am sure there is a law for wearing helmets riding motorbikes or that you need a driving license to drive a car but anything can be bought for money here or the cops don't care. Of course that's called corruption and it's not a good thing but sometimes it can help expats with a low pension to continue enjoying life in Thailand. And that's what we all want , more money spent in Thaiand , Thais are happy same same farang,

Edited by balo

We all agree its not according to the law which says you need to deposit 800k for minimum 3 months , but as many other things in Thailand , the law is not always enforced.

That particular law does always seem to be enforced, unless you pay a bribe.

The point is that there are three entirely legitimate ways of handling the financial requirement for the extension yourself without an agent and without paying any sort of greasing fee:

1) deposit 800KB in your account for more than 90 days

2) get some proof of income of more than 800KB from your consulate

3) some combination of the above, which also avoids the 90 day requirement

What we can be sure of is that these agents are not doing any of the above, so whatever document you may obtain at the end cannot have been obtained entirely legally and so may not be valid.

The people I know who get their extension via an agent do so because they either dont have enough money they want to deposit here or dont have a high enough income either, or cant be bothered to do the combination method. They all use the same agent and their stamps are done in another province.

• Like 1

I am sure there is a law for wearing helmets riding motorbikes or that you need a driving license to drive a car but anything can be bought for money here or the cops don't care. Of course that's called corruption and it's not a good thing but sometimes it can help expats with a low pension to continue enjoying life in Thailand. And that's what we all want , more money spent in Thaiand , Thais are happy same same farang,

When a foreigner goes to immigration in person they must produce a copy of their updated passbook and a bank letter from an officer that they are the account holder. Some immigration officers want to physically examine the passbook. What some of these visas companies are doing is illegal. What I find disturbing is the attitude of a few foreigners condoning this behavior from people that have no business living in Thailand. I hope immigration gets wind of this and closes the loopholes. Make the cheating foreigner go to immigration like the rest of us 95% must do with the proper documents. It's about fairness.

The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau has warned that fake visa extension stamps have been found in the passports of foreign visitors departing Thailand Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee, the Commissioner of The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau, has through Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, Deputy Commander of Investigations, has requested that the following warning be provided to all foreigners in Thailand: “Recently Immigration has found a number of passports with fake rubber stamps, as people are departing from the Kingdom.

Please be aware that there are agents and people who have sold fake visa extension stamps to unsuspecting foreigners. Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.” However the validity of an offered ‘official receipt’ may also be in question. This is not the first time warnings have been issued about this ‘scam’.

Going back as far as 2003, an official from the consular section of Sweden’s embassy in Bangkok said; “handle all visa extensions by yourself,” after seeing three cases of false visa stamps at the Embassy. It is suggested that anyone who is uncertain about the validity of a stamp in their passport or validity of an immigration receipt after dealing with immigration agents go to the Hua Hin Immigration Office with their concerns. The example below is of a genuine extension stamp.

http://www.huahintoday.com/thailand_news/beware-false-visa-extension-stamps/

Last time he came at immigration, on 2nd of June, for his 3 months stamp, after checking his passport, police detained him for a false stamp. He immediatly told wich company (a french one in Pattaya) made his last visa...but nothing to do : 2 days in post office, then the court refused to release under caution deposit, and transfert to Bangkok jail.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/274078-french-guy-jailed-for-false-stamp-made-by-a-company/

British travellers fall victim to Thai visa scam Two Britons were among six foreign tourists arrested at a border checkpoint in Thailand for having fake immigration stamps in their passports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/728786/British-travellers-fall-victim-to-Thai-visa-scam.html

There was something about such an event in the Visa forum, but I can't be arsed to look it up.

Why don't you pm Ubonjoe and ask him if it is illegal and if you can be in deep shit if they find out?

you are getting confused my friend

there have been instances over the years were some poor duped individual got poor advice and followed it, in these cases the persons passport never went near an immigration office or officer and there was no record of such a transaction on the immigration systems, they got conned by either Thai or falang who actually used fake stamps and stamped the persons passport themselves, they got caught out when they decided to do a 90 day report in person and were arrested.

This is completely different from using an authentic agent were your passport actually goes to the immigration office and is processed like any other, the process itself might be bending a few rules (for a fee) but the stamps and extension are all legal and above board.

The reason it is now required to go to Jomtien in person is because they need a photo of you on their system to enable paperless 90 day reporting going forward, those currently doing 90 day reports are also having their photo taken and told that next time only the passport is required (no more paperwork and forms)

• Like 1

The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau has warned that fake visa extension stamps have been found in the passports of foreign visitors departing Thailand Police Lieutenant General Sakda Chuenpakdee, the Commissioner of The Royal Thai Police Immigration Bureau, has through Police Colonel Voravat Amornvivat, Deputy Commander of Investigations, has requested that the following warning be provided to all foreigners in Thailand: “Recently Immigration has found a number of passports with fake rubber stamps, as people are departing from the Kingdom.

Please be aware that there are agents and people who have sold fake visa extension stamps to unsuspecting foreigners. Please be careful when applying through a visa extension agent, that the agent shows you an official receipt of 1,900 from Immigration, for your extension.” However the validity of an offered ‘official receipt’ may also be in question. This is not the first time warnings have been issued about this ‘scam’.

Going back as far as 2003, an official from the consular section of Sweden’s embassy in Bangkok said; “handle all visa extensions by yourself,” after seeing three cases of false visa stamps at the Embassy. It is suggested that anyone who is uncertain about the validity of a stamp in their passport or validity of an immigration receipt after dealing with immigration agents go to the Hua Hin Immigration Office with their concerns. The example below is of a genuine extension stamp.

Last time he came at immigration, on 2nd of June, for his 3 months stamp, after checking his passport, police detained him for a false stamp. He immediatly told wich company (a french one in Pattaya) made his last visa...but nothing to do : 2 days in post office, then the court refused to release under caution deposit, and transfert to Bangkok jail.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/274078-french-guy-jailed-for-false-stamp-made-by-a-company/

British travellers fall victim to Thai visa scam Two Britons were among six foreign tourists arrested at a border checkpoint in Thailand for having fake immigration stamps in their passports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/728786/British-travellers-fall-victim-to-Thai-visa-scam.html

At Jomtien Immigration there is 90 day reporting just with your passport and of course the bottom half of form 47 pinned inside your passport with your reporting date on it.

Any Fake rubber stamps, surely would be seen to be fake wouldn't they as the info which is already on their computer system would not be there because it can only be there if there was a "genuine:" visa extension granted from a proper application process

This recent innovation of computerizing the 90 day reporting will surely test if your Visa extensionstamp is a valid one or a back street counterfeit job

At Jomtien Immigration there is 90 day reporting just with your passport and of course the bottom half of form 47 pinned inside your passport with your reporting date on it.

Any Fake rubber stamps, surely would be seen to be fake wouldn't they as the info which is already on their computer system would not be there because it can only be there if there was a "genuine:" visa extension granted from a proper application process

This recent innovation of computerizing the 90 day reporting will surely test if your Visa extensionstamp is a valid one or a back street counterfeit job

Exactly , I am aware of the fake vsa stamp cases that's been reported, but they were really fake. When using an experienced agent that works close with the immigration you can be sure the stamp is legal and its been registered or else we would hear about 1000's of cases every month. The point is that the immigration allows it to happen. 800k has been transfered in and out of your thai bank account and clearly its good enough for them even if the law requires the money to be in your account for 3 months.

Yes, you can call it a loop hole, but its happening every day.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Exactly , I am aware of the fake vsa stamp cases that's been reported, but they were really fake. When using an experienced agent that works close with the immigration you can be sure the stamp is legal and its been registered or else we would hear about 1000's of cases every month. The point is that the immigration allows it to happen. 800k has been transfered in and out of your thai bank account and clearly its good enough for them even if the law requires the money to be in your account for 3 months.

Spot on balo - those using such 'agents' receive totally genuine immigration stamps.

For those exploiting this 'loophole' I understand they now have to do their 90 day reporting in Jomtien (ie the place of issue). That will bugger up a few people I know in the Boonies!

• Like 1

Sorry to wake you up to this, but in the Soi Buakhaow case I mentioned earlier, no fake stamps were involved, neither was in the MJ Enterprises case as i saw with my own eyes immigration officers IN UNIFORM stamping loads of passports inside the office of MJ.

The will say it were fake stamps to save face.

Now for the agents. When the agents do a visa extension or 90 day report, the applicant is nowhere around of course, so how do you know the passports ever reach the immigration office and this is not a similar case?

When they bust the officers involved, they will again save face and say it are fake stamps, however genuine stamps are used but maybe not at the immigration office.smile.png

Sorry to wake you up to this, but in the Soi Buakhaow case I mentioned earlier, no fake stamps were involved, neither was in the MJ Enterprises case as i saw with my own eyes immigration officers IN UNIFORM stamping loads of passports inside the office of MJ.

The will say it were fake stamps to save face.

Now for the agents. When the agents do a visa extension or 90 day report, the applicant is nowhere around of course, so how do you know the passports ever reach the immigration office and this is not a similar case?

When they bust the officers involved, they will again save face and say it are fake stamps, however genuine stamps are used but maybe not at the immigration office.smile.png

Well , if this is the case I wonder why we only hear about very few cases reported to the media?

And how many retired expats are living here using agents? Too many to count and both agents and the immigration officials involved have had a steady extra income, and it's been goiing on for at least 10 years.

Maybe one day they will decide to crack down on this "loop hole" but I think that will not be good for the thai economy. 1000's of expats with low pensions will have to relocate to Cambodia or some other low cost country.

Edited by balo