Boeing 777, 10-abreast sardine-class or 9-abreast in-comfort ?

Ricardo

I have not flown since I was packed into a seat like a sardine and they didn't even provide mustard/tomato sauce...

The seats only went back a few inches...my knees where constantly coming into contact with the seat in front of me...I am only 6' tall...

There was no way to get comfortable and one of the most miserable flights I have ever had because of the airlines trying to pack more passengers into cramped seating...

They should do a better job at creature comfort for those longer flights...

They do business and first.

I think the choice of seating is good, economy, economy plus, business and first, maybe all four not available with some airlines and on every plane, you pay your money you can have comfort.

I have never been business due to the cost, £1,300 extra, that money goes a long way in Thailand, its a new motorcycle if you look at it that way, but that doesn't mean i would turn down the ticket if the price was right. maybe one year.

Add goumet food...

Seriously? I like business class, but the idea that the food is gourmet might be a stretch.

What I don't get is people that will spend hours online looking and more hours in airports waiting and put up crazy schedules and extra stops to save a little money.

That's funny, I am one of the latter but I fully 'get' people who fly business class - I use my imagination to put myself in their shoes. And I don't even need to be patronising to do so!

I know people who select air travel based solely on price-point.

Who insist business class in ridiculously over priced,

they fail to realize it's simply a matter of real estate.

The foot print a business class lay-flat seat occupies you could fit two to three economy seats.

Add goumet food and beverages and other perks and you'll find it's reasonably priced.

It's all about one's comfort threshold and what they're willing to pay for it.

If you can get biz on a great carrier at only double of economy price + 25/30% plus the miles and helping you re-qualify for the FFP level that gets you lounge access for the next year, like Star Alliance Gold, it's worth it for me.

Not to mention not having to sit up all night, unable to sleep beyond dozing off for a bit, which is usually my fate. It all depends on your financial situation of course and I have only started looking at biz recently because I still live in Europe and work.

It's all about how you set your priorities/what financial obligations you have. I don't spend much on rent here and on myself in general but I have decided that travel is an area, where I will be happy to splurge a bit, once a year.

On the other hand, I will step off that plane and out of my 2K seat and then take a $7 room in Phnom Penh, once I have arrived. smile.png