UK tourist found dead on Koh Tao consumed Valium, alcohol

Lite Beer

If this kills, I am a walking dead blink.png

I know I feel lucky too, it can kill but alcohol and valium together isn't that dangerous, add some opiates like tramadol in the mix and things get dangerous 10 fold at least. I did have this video where I took 30mg of xanax because someone was telling me it would kill me, and at that time my tolerance was sky high so I knew I would be fine and I didn't even blackout. Benzos by themselves are pretty much suicide proof, you could take a bottle of valium and you probably would be fine after you eventually woke up.

she spent 60 gbp on antibioitics, no way, she spent the money on xanaz/ diazapam, which is widely used by the young generation, with alcohol

It is very common for young..and not too young people to experiment with "recreational" drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, and alcohol. Just a wrong combination means death. It a Russian Roulette...and looks like many people do not understand that....

• Like 1

God there are so many irrational, illogical minds on this forum. Cherry pickers that see what they want to see. Waste of time.

Even if she was taken straight back to the UK for a full autopsy without the interference of anybody you'd still have some ridiculous theory.

If there wasn't a recent murder on KT this wouldn't even be news. That doesn't make it any less tragic.

I know mate, they try to make other conspiracy theories when they are found out to be idiots. The last pl;ane that went down, they were out in the droves, now they hide like chicken shit

In fairness I did read in the news that that Air Asia plane crash because it climbed too fast.

I think you'll find it crashed because it went down too fast. Call me a cynic.

I don't care what the police say about this case. I've drawn my conclusion based purely from her own admissions and the very real threat of the combination of what she was taking. I don't care about the terminators that can take everything all night and brag about it. People die from eating a peanut and having a bad reaction. If an autopsy performed in the UK reveals definite fowl play then I'm also man enough to admit that I am wrong. Rather than try and make up more excuses.

I'm an avid traveller but have never been to Koh Tao. I arrive in April, staying at the very same hotel as this poor girl. It has not put me off. I can count more murders within 5 miles of my home in Croydon than are reported on Koh Tao.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is very common for young..and not too young people to experiment with "recreational" drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, and alcohol. Just a wrong combination means death. It a Russian Roulette...and looks like many people do not understand that....

yet if you are careful, have experience and know what you are doing, you should be fine in the short term (like not overdosing) its people who have no tolerance or experience who end up dying from an overdose..im not advocating or defending the abuse of these drugs, but it isn't really russian roulette if you are aware of your dosages and drug mixing....I have friends who recreationally take opiate drugs and have for years, sure some of them might be addicted, but I doubt any of them don't have a handle on how much they can and cannot take and still be fine.....like with anything responsibility plays a big part of it and yes I do believe there is such thing as responsible drug use, call me what you want but I think its true

People seem to forget that valium is illegal in Thailand and that it is addictive if taken for prolonged periods. Weed and beer are the safest highs though weed is even more illegal than valium. Tramadol is relatively new and is just a poor substitute for codeine which is illegal in Thailand. For the international mess regarding big pharma, personal freedom and the silly illegalities of some drugs.....blame the USA who imposed their corrupt will on the world.

l

Not sure, I would check her mobile for failed connections (calls, SMS, data or emails)

Then compare the times of trials to the intervals between trials and the time when alcohol and valium hit the brain (as calculated by a pathologist), mmaybe a notebook or letter would be helpful.

In many cases, people try to make a call or post *before* they take pills, and I would rather call cases like this 'suicide attempt with unlucky success' instead of simply 'suicide'.

Not sure, I would check her mobile for failed connections (calls, SMS, data or emails)

Then compare the times of trials to the intervals between trials and the time when alcohol and valium hit the brain (as calculated by a pathologist), mmaybe a notebook or letter would be helpful.

In many cases, people try to make a call or post *before* they take pills, and I would rather call cases like this 'suicide attempt with unlucky success' instead of simply 'suicide'.

Who even said its a suicide. More Chinese whispers.

God there are so many irrational, illogical minds on this forum. Cherry pickers that see what they want to see. Waste of time.

Even if she was taken straight back to the UK for a full autopsy without the interference of anybody you'd still have some ridiculous theory.

If there wasn't a recent murder on KT this wouldn't even be news. That doesn't make it any less tragic.

I know mate, they try to make other conspiracy theories when they are found out to be idiots. The last pl;ane that went down, they were out in the droves, now they hide like chicken shit

In fairness I did read in the news that that Air Asia plane crash because it climbed too fast.

I don't care what the police say about this case. I've drawn my conclusion based purely from her own admissions and the very real threat of the combination of what she was taking. I don't care about the terminators that can take everything all night and brag about it. People die from eating a peanut and having a bad reaction. If an autopsy performed in the UK reveals definite fowl play then I'm also man enough to admit that I am wrong. Rather than try and make up more excuses.

I'm an avid traveller but have never been to Koh Tao. I arrive in April, staying at the very same hotel as this poor girl. It has not put me off. I can count more murders within 5 miles of my home in Croydon than are reported on Koh Tao.

Xanax and Diazapam is not available legaly in Thailand, has to be prescription, but i get asked all the time to see if i can get any, so it does go on in Thailand and elsewhere.If she took any drugs like this, who knows what the ingrediants are

I know I feel lucky too, it can kill but alcohol and valium together isn't that dangerous, add some opiates like tramadol in the mix and things get dangerous 10 fold at least. I did have this video where I took 30mg of xanax because someone was telling me it would kill me, and at that time my tolerance was sky high so I knew I would be fine and I didn't even blackout. Benzos by themselves are pretty much suicide proof, you could take a bottle of valium and you probably would be fine after you eventually woke up.

she spent 60 gbp on antibioitics, no way, she spent the money on xanaz/ diazapam, which is widely used by the young generation, with alcohol

I can't really see where you are going with that post, how much sarcasm is involved or what facepalm.gif

But 60 quids worth of xanax and or valium, here... LMAO heck I couldn't get through that in a week let alone a night. All I am saying is (from experience with being involved in all kinds of social circles over the past 15 years) is that it is very rare for someone to die from benzodiazepines and alcohol as a combination, not impossible but it is just rare. Mixing the big 3 as I have previously said is very different though, benzos, alcohol and opiates.

She obviously had a very low tolerance and was rendered to the point where she had super low slow respiration and a low heart rate. I still don't know why she was found naked though, has that been explained yet?

Slightly off topic, but what was the final autopsy report on the frenchman that was found hanged on the island with his hands tied behind him?

Were the tied behind him. Or more Chinese whispers from the cynics at TV. It's not unheard of for people to bound their hands so that they can't stop themselves from committing suicide. It's not, I imagine, an easy feat.

And let's be fair, if you murdered someone and wanted to make it look like a suicide. Would you leave their hands tied, especially behind their back. It's illogical.

Take one step out of the door in Thailand, and you find thousands of things, from street signs to strange behaviour, to bad spirits and mystery deaths, which are not logical at all. Here is an example for a street sign: Produce speed, to ensure that you drive over the rails, before the train crosses the road.

Seen in Hat Yai opposite of the Kittivit School in Ban Phru.

post-8625-0-07593100-1422352624_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Xanax and Diazapam is not available legaly in Thailand, has to be prescription, but i get asked all the time to see if i can get any, so it does go on in Thailand and elsewhere.If she took any drugs like this, who knows what the ingrediants are

If you live outside of Bangkok it is easy to get benzos and tramadol OTC no questions asked, generic brands like Roche and also Thai made pills. I have a script for diazepam and I had a recent accident, pretty bad, so I was prescribed tramadol for that. So I was taking tramadol for 3 weeks with valium this month. But you can get these very easily in pharmacies

I should have been dead years ago if that mix kills . . . . facepalm.gif .

You're lucky and have a rigid constitution then. A casual friend of mine died through that combination.

He drank a lot of booze, was an alcoholic (were're talking heavy liquor first thing in the morning).

He went on a heavy night binge. Woke up just after dawn. Took a cold shower, popped some valium to get back to sleep, never woke up again. The combination slows your heart down to the point it fails to beat.

This happened on Koh Tao and he used to own a bar on the beach at Sairee.

So someone could have got away with this before then... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Alcohol and opiates when mixed can kill. Alcohol and opiates and benzos and being ill already so possibly dehydrated a little...

Glass of grapefruit juice first thing in the morning to pep you up, on top of all that and whoops over you go. Don't discount the possible role citrus juices can play in giving you blood medication levels 500 to 1000% the intended dose ( Google it if you don't believe me)

Alcohol and opiates when mixed can kill. Alcohol and opiates and benzos and being ill already so possibly dehydrated a little...

Glass of grapefruit juice first thing in the morning to pep you up, on top of all that and whoops over you go. Don't discount the possible role citrus juices can play in giving you blood medication levels 500 to 1000% the intended dose ( Google it if you don't believe me)

How to potentiate benzos and opiates, lol been there my friend and tried all kinds of things. Lem tek method works well for mushies thumbsup.gif

English girls and boys me feel love to try exotic races for pleasure and I see many of them like to get smashed before the session so the drugs may be in relation to the hunt for pleasure in the hotel room, if they could learn to enjoy without drugs and alcohol be safer for them but sometimes I feel they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples

Sorry, I know English isn't your native language, but "they dont want it but they do want it and so they may be confused peoples"

And so say all most of us!

I still don't know why she was found naked though, has that been explained yet?

You're right. It's super odd for someone to sleep naked in the comfort of their own room in a hot country like Thailand. She even tweeted that she changed for hostels to a private room so that she could actually be naked comfortably.

I forgot she was found in her room, my bad. I thought she was found on the beach for some reason blink.png

Incorrect. If she had been taken to the UK for a full autopsy, myself and most other posters

would have full confidence in the results. Reason being that the UK authorities have an

actual interest in finding out the truth. The truth is the last thing the Thai police want,

their goal is to make money and protect the elite. The uniform makes them look like

crimefighters to the tourists, but I can assure you they are not. I am assuming the

body will be sent back to the UK for an additional autopsy, or will it be another quickie

cremation like the girls that died on Ko Phi Phi in their hotel room.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Backpackers here get excited about what's freely availlable in the pharmacy's. Valium is just one of them.

But why do UK-girls want to be pissed all the time? On a place like Koh Tao you can be happy without any drugs i guess.

But Xanax is tightly controlled now in Thailand. Valium is chemically closely related. You sure it's still OTC?

Backpackers here get excited about what's freely availlable in the pharmacy's. Valium is just one of them.

But why do UK-girls want to be pissed all the time? On a place like Koh Tao you can be happy without any drugs i guess.

But Xanax is tightly controlled now in Thailand. Valium is chemically closely related. You sure it's still OTC?

xanax or alaprozam is very much still OTC, well I guess it depends where you live in Thailand and your how you present yourself.

• Like 1

Valium and booze danderous mix..

Sad story similar to this one the story of..

Karen Ann Quinlan (March 29, 1954 – June 11, 1985) was an important figure in the history of the right to diecontroversy in the United States.

When she was 21, Quinlan became unconscious after arriving home from a party. She had consumed diazepam,dextropropoxyphene, and alcohol. After she collapsed and stopped breathing twice for 15 minutes or more, the paramedics arrived and took her to a hospital, where she lapsed into a persistent vegetative state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Ann_Quinlan#Collapse

i'd like to know where she got tramadol from i've been looking for months. Lot of valium and xanax are crappy anyway, and nowhere like the real thing.

That can be bought generic blister packs 50mg capsules x 10 for around 40baht, I had a hospital script though..

A terrible thing. Seems the main focus here is Valium and Alcohol. Further thru the police listed Tramadol as one of three drugs found in the room.

Take a second to pop that into Wikipedia and see what you come up with. It is an opiate based drug to be respected. I used it 10 years ago.

My doctor proscribed it after surgery for an anal fissure stemming from Haemorrhoid issues. Pain after surgery I cannot describe. Doctor said if the primary pain killer 850 mg Paracetamol with 150mg Codeine did not work, only then use the Tramadol and don't leave home or drive anywhere. And yes I was seriously spaced out.

The lady had some serious combinations of drugs and alcohol available to her. Some as in the case of Tramadol don't manifest well in some forms of testing - read below.

Fatalities with tramadol overdose have been reported and are increasing in frequency in Northern Ireland; the majority of these overdoses involve other drugs including alcohol.[35] Recognised risk factors for tramadol overdose include depression, addiction and seizures

Most commercial opiate immunoassay screening tests do not cross-react significantly with tramadol or its major metabolites, so chromatographic techniques must be used to detect and quantitate these substances.

Lets wait and see what comes in the next few days and further testing.

I'm no expert, I saw the name Tramadol and remembered it to be a more serious substance than this thread seemed to realize.

smile.png

• Like 1