Tottenham Thread

chonabot

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I just read that and wondered what you were talking about and the realised my telecast is about 90 seconds behind you.

id agree Spurs looking great but there has been some shi.te defending here. 

I don't know if it's a co-incidence or not Bob but every team we beat lately including the chavs is accused of shit defending :whistling:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I don't if it's a co-incidence or not Bob but every team we beat lately including the chavs is accused of shit defending :whistling:

Funny isn't it.....everyone barks on about Pulls and West From being so well organized, tough to break break down and when we go and rip them to shreds suddenly they are shit.

We go and outplay Chelsea and oh yes, its all about Chelsea unusual defensive lapses rather than them being unable to deal with the tempo we played at.

All very amusing.  

BTW, at this stage we are nine points better off than last season.  Can't wait to take on City next week.

14 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To be fair i don't know its always only the spurs fans on the TV forum who constantly rattle on about City's finances. Why's that?

Before you come on here blabbering like a senile old man and getting your facts wrong read the recent previous post's about the subject, it was bj who first mentioned city and see my response

No denying City have spent big but there was a clear fiscal plan for doing that

don't know why you are to be taking it so personally as it wasn't directed at City

You really are a muppet of the highest order, now run along :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, smokie36 said:

Few supporters of any club wiuld refute the suggestion that Citeh have wasted an awful lot of money.

Yep but they can afford to waste so, in their defense,  it doesn't matter.

I just can't wait to get at them next weekend.  In our current form were going to do them good and proper.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

That's a bit rich. Roberto Soldado.

Ooops glaring lack of knowledge again.  Original deal for him was 50% based on add ons.  Actual cost of signing to us.  13m.

In the scope of things based on most of our other transfer dealings it was a drop in the ocean.

7 minutes ago, carmine said:

Ooops glaring lack of knowledge again.  Original deal for him was 50% based on add ons.  Actual cost of signing to us.  13m.

In the scope of things based on most of our other transfer dealings it was a drop in the ocean.

What's that then? 7 prem league goals in 2 years or something. Yh bargain. Your investment return is supposed to be on the pitch carmine

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

What's that then? 7 prem league goals in 2 years or something. Yh bargain. Your investment return is supposed to be on the pitch carmine

Yes he wasn't a good signing at all.  What more would you like to hear.  But we didn't spunk 35m on Andy Carroll did we.

Must do better than this sunshine so come back and troll another day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes he wasn't a good signing at all.  What more would you like to hear.  But we didn't spunk 35m on Andy Carroll did we.

Must do better than this sunshine so come back and troll another day.

Yes it was unfortunate but it was a transfer scramble signing. One paid off one didn't. 

7 hours ago, carmine said:

I sense a resistance in you to actually discuss the football Spurs have been producing?  

He's like a gazelle roaming the Serengeti.

Every time he gets close to one of the big five he runs away. :biggrin:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

I sense a resistance in you to actually discuss the football Spurs have been producing?  

You sense wrong. It's lovely it commands winners medals not transfer discussions but since you lot talk financials more than football it's a hard subject to overlook.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Funny isn't it.....everyone barks on about Pulls and West From being so well organized, tough to break break down and when we go and rip them to shreds suddenly they are shit.

We go and outplay Chelsea and oh yes, its all about Chelsea unusual defensive lapses rather than them being unable to deal with the tempo we played at.

All very amusing.  

BTW, at this stage we are nine points better off than last season.  Can't wait to take on City next week.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I don't know if it's a co-incidence or not Bob but every team we beat lately including the chavs is accused of shit defending :whistling:

I did say you were playing great, but every team has a bad day and i'd use Kane's second goal as a good example of woeful, non-existent defending. 

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I did say you were playing great, but every team has a bad day and i'd use Kane's second goal as a good example of woeful, non-existent defending. 

In the context of the whole game that was an isolated incident.  They were being pulled all over the place and couldn't keep it tight as they like to do.  I don't think Pullis will be too concerned because in our current form no one will want to play us.  Its just a case of hoping the form will continue for as long as possible.  

On 1/6/2017 at 6:40 PM, mrbojangles said:

No denying City have spent big but there was a clear fiscal plan for doing that.

Is that the same as saying we will spend as much money as possible to buy the League ? :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

3 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Is that the same as saying we will spend as much money as possible to buy the League ? :biggrin:

Name me a team who hasn't "bought" the league. Leicester's freak season aside, it's no coincidence that the clubs who invest in the best (and usually most expensive) players, are the ones who usually win the league.

I would agree that City have wasted money, Johnny Bravo looking to be the latest (but maybe he'll come good as Degea did after an awful start), but surely EVERY club wastes money on players from time to time.

I think people are getting a little confused by City having to spend big and over the odds in the early days after 2008 on certain players, but that was inevitable, City couldn't go from the quality of say Richard Dunne (City's player of the year in many seasons) to convincing players of the quality of Aguero, Tevez, Yaya, etc, to join us in one step, we needed to buy players of shall we say intermediate quality and do it step by step. So yes it cost City to catchup the established top teams, but when EVERYBODY doubted that City's owners could turn us in to an established top team, nobody can doubt that they did what they promised.

I repeat "To be fair i don't know its always only the spurs fans on the TV forum who constantly rattle on about City's finances. Why's that?". Maybe it's just a feeling I've developed but it seems to me that of ALL the football fans on TV that it's ONLY (two) spurs fans who seem to have an unhealthy preoccupation with City's finances.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I repeat "To be fair i don't know its always only the spurs fans on the TV forum who constantly rattle on about City's finances. Why's that?". Maybe it's just a feeling I've developed but it seems to me that of ALL the football fans on TV that it's ONLY (two) spurs fans who seem to have an unhealthy preoccupation with City's finances.

So your point is ?

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So yes it cost City to catchup the established top teams, but when EVERYBODY doubted that City's owners could turn us in to an established top team, nobody can doubt that they did what they promised.

It didn't "Cost City", don't make me laugh. It cost the people of the UAE. It's their money being trousered by the Royals after all.

:smile:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

would have prefered utd to have won but , a draw is defo better than liverpool winning and man city getting spanked :partytime2:,, overall baring the chavs winning ,, all good  !!!!

Nice to see an optimistic Spurs fan on here, they are in the title race. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Nice to see an optimistic Spurs fan on here, they are in the title race. :thumbsup:

yep no point denying we're in the mix imo best TEAM we've had since birkenshaws european winning team  only fly in the ointment is we aint got the depth the chavs have and unfortunatly could be our  title challenge down fall

• Like 1