Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The last ten minutes of that first half should be watched over and again by our defence.

Absolutely shocking and to have Toby sitting on the bench watching it is just ridiculous.

True about the defense but don't agree about Toby.  He's gone so why play him.  Show confidence in who is staying.

Funnily a Spurs affiliated site and some moron at the BBC has Trippier down as man of the match.  Hilarious as it is embarrassing of our piss poor performance because whilst Trippier was excellent going forward, his tracking back was appalling, his tackling poor and his ball retention poor.  They should have scored due to his lack of tracking back.  So, if thats a MON performance then it doesn't reflect well on the rest.

As far as those departing i see;  Alderweirald, Rose, Llorente, Vorm.

Aside of obviously Toby thats absolutely fine.  Can't see Wanyama going anywhere, he's just had an injury plagued season.

I can see three of four incomings and will be delighted if they include Sessignon and De Ligt.

Aside of all that Ronnie i'm told the usual suspects are still posting the same old b*llocks on here as they do same time every year, presumably to be wrong again as per usual.

"usual suspects are still posting the same old b*llocks on here as they do same time every year", I guess until something actually changes at Spurs and such a big club as yourselves actually wins something - how many years is it now, 10 years?

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

SkySports also has him as MoM

Unbelievable, defensively he was dreadful, could have cost us two goals.  Watford only have themselves to blame.  As i said in my original post, my comments were on his defensive work.  

However, everywhere i read they only focus on his forward runs and don't mention his defensive work.  Like i said, it goes some way to summing up a very abject team performance.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"usual suspects are still posting the same old b*llocks on here as they do same time every year", I guess until something actually changes at Spurs and such a big club as yourselves actually wins something - how many years is it now, 10 years?

They need someone to buy the club with unending amounts of money to spend, on increasngly obscenely inflated transfer fees and wages. Attempting to organically grow by buying and producing young talent is so old fashioned, don't you think?

Edited by champers
  • Haha 1

plank! the so called blow out to 1 bil.is largely due to other developements with the stadium all enic.s  is doing is using spuds name and securing loans to pay for their prosperity (levy/lewis)                                 spuds f.c  from my view are a house of cards.this pair are using your club as a tool to make their fortunes  bigger. if a bankrupt should occurr lewis and levy will notbeheld accountable spurs f.c will wearthe sh*t which is the rank and file supporters  poor souls

3 hours ago, champers said:

They need someone to buy the club with unending amounts of money to spend, on increasngly obscenely inflated transfer fees and wages. Attempting to organically grow by buying and producing young talent is so old fashioned, don't you think?

We don't want it thanks.

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

plank! the so called blow out to 1 bil.is largely due to other developements with the stadium all enic.s  is doing is using spuds name and securing loans to pay for their prosperity (levy/lewis)                                 spuds f.c  from my view are a house of cards.this pair are using your club as a tool to make their fortunes  bigger. if a bankrupt should occurr lewis and levy will notbeheld accountable spurs f.c will wearthe sh*t which is the rank and file supporters  poor souls

Desperation setting in now after our win last night I see.

If true though and the stadium costs have catapulted upwards. It's not a good sign at all and belt tightening will be the even more so and that will dent the teams growth. You know it's an odd one as I never hear spurs fans asking and fearing the same about their club. Maybe they are just a content bunch finishing higher than arsenal and thry have forgotten what the taste of real victories are like. 

47 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Desperation setting in now after our win last night I see.

Why deflect from the main issue,  that Spuds   presently   are cash strapped,  and big time too???

Wakey Wakey Plank, the dogs are p#ssing on you

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Unbelievable, defensively he was dreadful, could have cost us two goals.  Watford only have themselves to blame.  As i said in my original post, my comments were on his defensive work.  

However, everywhere i read they only focus on his forward runs and don't mention his defensive work.  Like i said, it goes some way to summing up a very abject team performance.

Bbc and Sky are both wrong then are they?:post-4641-1156694572:

So who was MoM then oh wise Carmine?

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Meanwhile Joe Lewis our billionaire owner looks on and laughs at the bankruptcy rumours.

Honestly its just desperate.

the entire Spuds(ENIC Lewis /Levy) network is a house of smoked mirriors,parked in the Bahama,s, you are the desparate one Plank

Edited by evenstevens

We don't want it thanks.

Sorry Ronnie but that's got to be nonsense! Why wouldn't any club, including Spurs, want investment? Spurs currently have a big 'football-ground size' hole in their financial planning. I don't have the facts to back it up but I'm sure virtually all clubs suffer on the pitch from reduced investment on the playing side as a result of investing in a new stadium - still looking for data to back up my feeling. If you look at Arsenal before they started building the Emirates Stadium they were 1st or 2nd for about 8 seasons but post opening they've only been a top 6 club.

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sorry Ronnie but that's got to be nonsense! Why wouldn't any club, including Spurs, want investment? Spurs currently have a big 'football-ground size' hole in their financial planning. I don't have the facts to back it up but I'm sure virtually all clubs suffer on the pitch from reduced investment on the playing side as a result of investing in a new stadium - still looking for data to back up my feeling. If you look at Arsenal before they started building the Emirates Stadium they were 1st or 2nd for about 8 seasons but post opening they've only been a top 6 club.

No facts to back it up is correct.

Arsenal have been a team in decline for a decade in every respect and do not have the vision of the team in place at Tottenham.

Carry on with the fantasy of our house of cards but we'll just carry on balancing the books and aiming for top four or better every season.

Competing with teams who spend a billion quid without return is nigh on impossible so we simply acxept it and laugh at your protestations of greatness whilst pointing at your grass roots failings.

6 hours ago, evenstevens said:

the entire Spuds(ENIC Lewis /Levy) network is a house of smoked mirriors,parked in the Bahama,s, you are the desparate one Plank

What a load of drivel this is...give me facts kiddo not your opinion.

7 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No facts to back it up is correct.

Arsenal have been a team in decline for a decade in every respect and do not have the vision of the team in place at Tottenham.

Carry on with the fantasy of our house of cards but we'll just carry on balancing the books and aiming for top four or better every season.

Competing with teams who spend a billion quid without return is nigh on impossible so we simply acxept it and laugh at your protestations of greatness whilst pointing at your grass roots failings.

More proof Ronnie of how difficult i can be knowing that silverware has been bought, your victories hollow, so you are reduced to persistently having a pop at clubs that try and "earn" success doing it the right way.  The insecurity felt over crass spending to buy success is palpable.

Same every year at this stage of the season.  All our players are going, the managers off.......never happens of course.  Now they are salivating over the idea that the new stadium will financially ruin us.

And then you end up being reduced to starting troll threads.  All a bit sad.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Now they are salivating over the idea that the new stadium will financially ruin us.

The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling? Sorry to say it but United struggled to get banks to lend them money related to their stadium and in the end paid a huge premium (which they're still paying) and they are far more marketable and generate far more than Spurs do. Last year Spurs did a turnover of about £200m whilst United did over £500m

38 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The worrying thing for me is that you seem so oblivious to the fact that it could ruin you. How are you going to repay that deb't, especially now it's spiralling? Sorry to say it but United struggled to get banks to lend them money related to their stadium and in the end paid a huge premium (which they're still paying) and they are far more marketable and generate far more than Spurs do. Last year Spurs did a turnover of about £200m whilst United did over £500m

I'm not in the slightest bit concerned as i know a billionaire owner wouldn't let one of his major investments go down the pan when it has so much profit and sale value both now and in the future.

You lads really need to move on.  New subject matter should include questions as to why Pochettino has a rather large transfer budget this summer if, as the usual suspects seem to believe, we are in financial crisis?

btw, the only reason United are still paying back is because the owners milk so much cash out of the club.

Edited by carmine

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Now they are salivating over the idea that the new stadium will financially ruin us.

I definitely am not salivating blah blah blah. I was pointing out that Spurs have a huge overrun in the cost of building your stadium...400m...to 800m...to 1.2b...and it would seem normal to have to curtail spending on players, etc, until such times as costs have been controlled, therefore the current team may have peaked as either players may need to be sold to get money to pay off the stadium costs or maybe no major signings in the next few seasons. That could be the reality. No salivating. Thought maybe it was a discussion point. But i can see, as usual,  any comments about Spurs causes you upset and can't be discussed.  

As cpl Jones would say:

dontlikeit-M-200x200.png

I've yet to see a bailiff arriving at WHL so where all this is coming from is the usual guesswork close season bs.

As to investment well our chairman has just built a brand new stadium and that's after building a state of the art training facility.

If you mean why don't we waste 90m quid on an overrated midfielder then that is the type of investment we can live without.

I'd rather Spurs has a balance sheet in the black than in the red and being supported by loans from a gangster or oil sheikh who let's his peasants go hungry.

25 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd rather Spurs has a balance sheet in the black than in the red

That's the point Ronnie, it isn't in the black even before the costs of the stadium. Do you never look at your clubs finances?

I've yet to see a bailiff arriving at WHL so where all this is coming from is the usual guesswork close season bs.

As to investment well our chairman has just built a brand new stadium and that's after building a state of the art training facility.

If you mean why don't we waste 90m quid on an overrated midfielder then that is the type of investment we can live without.

I'd rather Spurs has a balance sheet in the black than in the red and being supported by loans from a gangster or oil sheikh who let's his peasants go hungry.

Joe Lewis had the business brain to go from east end working class lad to self made billionaire.  Am i worried about him keeping our club in safe hands!!!

Don't be so bloody stupid, of course i'm not. :smile:  Carry on the rest of you!!!! 

Edited by carmine