Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 hours ago, StevieH said:

what, you mean not actually play together?

newcastle sold andy cole to united a year before they signed shearer, ronnie.

I think he’s getting his Yorkes and Shearers mixed up, understandable ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Tottenham's starting eleven last night cost less than Lukaku. ?

Wonder what all the critics are thinking now, about our record breaking summer transfer window of not buying anyone?

I said it before and I'll say it again

"If it ain't broke then don't fix it" ?

Edited by sotsira

54 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Wonder what all the critics are thinking now, about our record breaking summer transfer window of not buying anyone?

Statistically teams that stay together and have played longer together do better, it's a fact. 

Enjoyed that second half, Spurs looked entertaining, loving Moura's second goal.

Any mug that says it's a 2 horse race needs to give their head a wobble. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

Statistically teams that stay together and have played longer together do better, it's a fact. 

Enjoyed that second half, Spurs looked entertaining, loving Moura's second goal.

Any mug that says it's a 2 horse race needs to give their head a wobble. 

Adds a bit of spice to the 15th september doesn't it!

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

One aspect thats been overlooked is that we spent a large part of last season without the services of Toby, Winks, Moura, Lamela and Wanyama.  Now all these guys are back bar Wanyama and they tend to fit the cliche of new signings anyway.  We've freshened up without buying if you like.

Third place was quite an achievement under the circumstances

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

...err...probably thinking that we're only 3 games in and if you are unlucky enough to get a few injuries...

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Adds a bit of spice to the 15th september doesn't it!

City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are all in this. If only for the fact back to back titles are very difficult, in which case there is not much between the other 3 chasing. 

Yeah I'm more concerned about the Spurs match than excited. Momentum has always been our friend, we play our best football when it's a match every 3/4 days. And coming back from an International break usually screws any momentum we had previous, throw in 12.30 on Saturday in London against Spurs ?

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

City, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool are all in this. If only for the fact back to back titles are very difficult, in which case there is not much between the other 3 chasing. 

Yeah I'm more concerned about the Spurs match than excited. Momentum has always been our friend, we play our best football when it's a match every 3/4 days. And coming back from an International break usually screws any momentum we had previous, throw in 12.30 on Saturday in London against Spurs ?

I'm pleased its not the opener at our new stadium.  I can see it being a cracker of a game, but if we lose i'd rather it was at Wembley than the first fixture at our new home.

Just now, carmine said:

I'm pleased its not the opener at our new stadium.  I can see it being a cracker of a game, but if we lose i'd rather it was at Wembley than the first fixture at our new home.

Yes, nice bit of needle in the history books for us if that happened.

17 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Momentum has always been our friend, we play our best football when it's a match every 3/4 days. And coming back from an International break usually screws any momentum we had previous, throw in 12.30 on Saturday in London against Spurs ?

Blimey. If I'd said anything like that about City, I'd have been accused of getting excuses in ?

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. If I'd said anything like that about City, I'd have been accused of getting excuses in ?

In my opinion it's more a statement about how we play our best football, you're free to call it an excuse if you like.

I'm sure I've got a million free passes against the 3 months excuses you 2 gentlemen made post ....you know what ?

Edited by BangrakBob

7 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

In my opinion it's more a statement about how we play our best football, you free to call it an excuse if you like.

I wasn't calling it an excuse bud. Indeed it is a statement/opinion. Just saying that if we had posted similar, we would have been accused of trying to get excuses in early

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I wasn't calling it an excuse bud. Indeed it is a statement/opinion. Just saying that if we had posted similar, we would have been accused of trying to get excuses in early

When you have a first team sitting on the bench its fair comment!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Correct and its a factor in why , despite compliments from BangrakBob we are not title rivals because we don't have the depth when injuries kick in.  

41 minutes ago, carmine said:

Correct and its a factor in why , despite compliments from BangrakBob we are not title rivals because we don't have the depth when injuries kick in.  

The original quote that I responded to was nothing to do with depth of squad but associated with momentum and international breaks

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The original quote that I responded to was nothing to do with depth of squad but associated with momentum and international breaks

I know, i was just explaining something slightly aside of that because aside of momentum or anything else i cannot see us being able to sustain a challenge all season.

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

I know, i was just explaining something slightly aside of that because aside of momentum or anything else i cannot see us being able to sustain a challenge all season.

Oki doki. But I still think your playing down your chances a tad too much. 

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oki doki. But I still think your playing down your chances a tad too much. 

I think at full strength, no injuries we can go toe to toe with both of you.  But if and when injuries beset we've left ourselves inadequate in squad depth.  No real left side center back cover, Juan Foyth, 19yo, Dembele gets crocked its down to Winks, Dier crocked, its Luke Amos, all kids, Llorente as cover for Kane.  

Its our fault, no one elses but we are too reliant on luck with injuries.  Is anyone really going to get as lucky again like Leicester did?  Unlikely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Doubt it very much but you are eons above the perceived level Leicester were when they won it. What were they 5000/1? Your'e 14/1

True,  but i think we witnessed something that will never happen again.  

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If you're  inferring your bench/squad isn't  up to it then bring players in who are. Before you say you don't  have that kind of money may i remind that you do but you chose to spend it ( 'minimum' £850m ) on a stadium and not on your team - your management's  choice.