Tottenham Thread

chonabot

I have just read a double page article in one of the Red Tops about "Arry."

His plan is to avoid relegation...win a Cup (or two) then push on for a EUFA cup spot next year.

He also said that he is a better coach than Fergie but admits Fergie is a better manager

Make of that what you will

There's a report in the Daily Mail today that we've signed Cudicini from Chelsea for £1m. He's a better keeper than Gomes in my opinion and I recckon he'll start a lot of games.

Also looks like Palacios will complete his move today for £14m. A huge amount of money for a player bought by Wigan for less than £1m a year ago. Let's hope he is the kind of holding midfielder we're looking for!

And Appiyah is back training with Spurs and looks set to be offered a deal.

Redknapp is known for his wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and has stayed true to form with these signings. Certainly with Cudicini who's a steal for that price.

COYS!

Edited by jonaz

There's a report in the Daily Mail today that we've signed Cudicini from Chelsea for £1m. He's a better keeper than Gomez in my opinion and I recckon he'll start a lot of games.

Also looks like Palacios will complete his move today for £14m. A huge amount of money for a player bought by Wigan for less than £1m a year ago. Let's hope he is the kind of holding midfielder we're looking for!

Redknapp is known for his bentness & illegal wrong doings in the transfer market and has stayed true to form with these signings. Certainly with Cudicini who's a steal for that price.

COYS!

I just took the liberty of changing a certain part of your Post there Fella.. :o

There's a report in the Daily Mail today that we've signed Cudicini from Chelsea for £1m. He's a better keeper than Gomes in my opinion and I recckon he'll start a lot of games.

Redknapp is known for his wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and has stayed true to form with these signings. Certainly with Cudicini who's a steal for that price.

COYS!

No way will Chelsea let him go. That means they dont have back up for the increasingly unreliable Peter C.

But hows this one Sky Sports are reporting Mourinho has named Jenas as a January target . Cant get my head around that one , for me possibly the most overrated player in the EPL

I have just read a double page article in one of the Red Tops about "Arry."

His plan is to avoid relegation...win a Cup (or two) then push on for a EUFA cup spot next year.

He also said that he is a better coach than Fergie but admits Fergie is a better managerMake of that what you will

Does he man coach driver. Lol, Arry ain't no coach, but sure he couls sell a used car.

Bet Frgie is quaking in his boots, regarding that comment/ :o

Chimbonda resigning for Spurs?????????????? What the 'uck is 'arry up to.

This bloke had at most 2 decent games for us and it was a pleasure seeing him sold but now he is coming back to the Lane? Can't believe it unless it's part of Redknapp's master plan for getting us out of the Championship which is surely where we are heading. I know we have problems at the back but this is bloody desperate management.

Gutted but all for being proved wrong.

PS Just checked and it ain't Apr 1st.

COYS!

No way will Chelsea let him go. That means they dont have back up for the increasingly unreliable Peter C.

But hows this one Sky Sports are reporting Mourinho has named Jenas as a January target . Cant get my head around that one , for me possibly the most overrated player in the EPL

Cudicin is done & dusted so say the BBC & Chelsea...

Can't for the life of me understand the Chimbonda signing though, definately a starnge one..

Y*ds, what do you reckon ??

By all accounts Cudicini was got on a free which is good if he is gonna be back up for Gomes. Its terrible news if he is brought in to replace Gomes though.

The Chimbonda is a strange one. The guy has obviously has got loads of premiership experience but is likely to throw his toys our of the pram if things dont start going his way. I wonder whats up with Hutton? Long term injury or something more sinister of which rumours have popped up from time to time on various message boards. He obviously doesnt like Gunter or wants him to get more experience and maybe he see's Corluka as a CB replacement for King.

KEANE ON THE MOVE

Redknapp offers Keane Anfield escape route

By Soccernet staff

January 26, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Liverpool's out of favour striker Robbie Keane has been offered an escape route by Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp.

GettyImages

Robbie Keane and Rafa Benitez: Problems?

The £20.3m Anfield misfit left White Hart Lane in the summer but has struggled to make his impact felt at Liverpool and reportedly boycotted Sunday's 1-1 draw with Everton following a bust-up with Rafa Benitez.

Redknapp has already brought Pascal Chimbonda and Jermaine Defoe back to Tottenham during the January transfer window and the Spurs boss has praised Keane's "fantastic" qualities as he sounds out Liverpool about a possible sale.

"As a player and a person I have a lot of time for Robbie Keane," Redknapp said. "I think he's fantastic."

"I wouldn't sit here and say I wouldn't like to have Robbie Keane at my football club, I'd be a liar, but he belongs to Liverpool so it is not an option unfortunately," Redknapp added.

While the Tottenham manager's comments may also appear to rule out an imminent approach for the Republic of Ireland international, he made similar statements whilst testing Portsmouth's resolve over the sale of Defoe.

And as with that transfer, the original sale of the player could work in Tottenham's favour. Spurs are likely to offer Liverpool a small sum and waive the £10m outstanding balance of Keane's summer sale.

Boyhood Liverpool fan Keane could be receptive to a move back to White Hart Lane as Benitez has failed to provide regular first team football at Anfield and with Fernando Torres return to fitness things came to ahead prior to the Merseyside derby when Keane's place on the bench was taken by teenage striker David Ngog.

Tottenham can expect a challenge for the 28-year-old's signature from Manchester City.

one guy that has quietly surprised is Pavelechenko (sp), I think he has 12 or 13 goals in 24 odd games.

I think he's alright the Russian..

Redknapp has <deleted> ruined Darren Bent though & Darren Bent isn't a bad Player at all & i feel sorry for him to be honest for some of the stuff Redknapp has basically said about him...

But, lovable Arry will be lovable Arry, whether he's humiliating one of his Strikers on a weekly basis or not..

Edited by MSingh

He will bancrupt tottenham,and then walk away like he did at portsmouth.

not a nice man our arry

Aha but if he does that, i will also stick a Poster of him up on my Wall for many, many years to come, alongside the Tom Jones one... :o

one guy that has quietly surprised is Pavelechenko (sp), I think he has 12 or 13 goals in 24 odd games.

Thats not bad for his first season so far and having had 2 managers to get used to. The trouble is only 3 of those goals have come in the league!

Right back has been an issue for us since Button, chuckle, got injured, weve been playing corluka there and hes ok ish but offers nothing going forward, in his first season Chimbonda was totally outstanding. as long as he keeps his mouth shut and keeps his nose to the grind stone, he offers us good all round defensive cover. As for pavlechenko, anyone watching the last euros must have seen the guy was quality, imo when he strengthens up, he will be better than berby.

2 down and we claw it bac

all the hard work was done

and yet another x and !!!!!!!!!! 3 -2

what can you say

if you didnt know better you would say it all smacks of relegation

Well i for one have my fingers, toes & legs all crossed.. :D

Harry Houdini ?? :o

Harry, a good Manager ?? :D

2 Bob the Fella is, 2 bob & well out of his depth, luckily at T*ttenham Hotspurs is where it may be discovered ( even though some of us knew it before ) !! :D

There's talk that Palacios may have been ineligible to play for Sp*rs yesterday. Apparently he had a two match ban carried over from Wigan. He missed the FA Cup defeat to Man Utd and the League win over Stoke. Turns out he played for Wigan against Sp*rs in the third round, so was cup tied for the FA Cup match and therefore his suspension should have carried over to today.

Is there a precedent for points deductions for ineligible players?

Two weeks ago Oxford Utd were docked 5 points for fielding an ineligible player. Mansfield were docked 6 points for multiple offences in October.

Spurs clinch £15m deal for Keane

By Sam Wallace and Ian Herbert

Monday, 2 February 2009

Tottenham Hotspur last night clinched the £15m deal for Robbie Keane to return to White Hart Lane. Negotiations with Liverpool concluded around 11pm with Spurs confident that their former striker will sign today before the 5pm transfer deadline.

In a remarkable turnaround, the Spurs chairman Daniel Levy appeared to have sealed the deal with Liverpool in talks after the club’s 2-0 victory over Chelsea. Spurs had made the £15m bid earlier in the day in a final attempt to get Keane who was left out of Rafael Benitez’s squad for the game at Anfield.

Having told Spurs that they were only interested in a deal that involved cash plus a player – preferably Aaron Lennon – Liverpool are understood to have relented last night and agreed to sell a player who cost them £20.3m last summer. The club's owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks were at the game yesterday and met with chief executive Rick Parry and Benitez after the match.

It is understood that Spurs will sign the Internazionale striker Mario Balotelli, who has fallen out with Jose Mourinho, on loan. Benitez is hopeful that Real Madrid will release the Argentina striker Javier Saviola on loan.

Spurs renewed their efforts for Keane after learning on Friday that Jermain Defoe had suffered a broken metatarsal. The club have optimistically said that they believe the player could return in four weeks but in private they are worried that the recovery could take a lot longer.

Benitez’s decision to drop Keane, who was at Anfield yesterday, from his squad for the game against Chelsea were the first signs that his short Liverpool career was over, as did the Spaniard's faltering answers after the match to questions about the future if Keane, a life-long Liverpool fan.

Would Keane see out the season at Anfield? Benitez was asked. “I think so,” he said. “[Keane] was there [at the ground today],” he said. “He was OK. We didn’t say anything [about the offer]. We were just talking about the game. I will not talk about ‘if’, ‘if’. ‘if’. He is our player. That’s it.” Asked would Keane been in Liverpool ’s Champions League squad for the knock-out phase, Benitez mumbled: “Yes, I think so.”

They call it a professional game, its a joke, They pay 14 million pounds for a player, and they are not aware of his eligibility, its inexcusable. I just keep my fingers xd for spurs but, the more the season goes on the more worried I get.

They call it a professional game, its a joke, They pay 14 million pounds for a player, and they are not aware of his eligibility, its inexcusable. I just keep my fingers xd for spurs but, the more the season goes on the more worried I get.

That's 'Arry for you.. :o

Well, I for one hope's Arry get's relegated. :o

Well, I for one hope's Arry get's relegated. :o

So do I, just not this season and not with spurs.

Keane seals £12m Tottenham return

Tottenham have re-signed striker Robbie Keane from Liverpool, six months after he left the club for £20.3m.

“It was a difficult decision to make to leave Tottenham in the summer," the 28-year-old told the club website.

"It proved not to be the right move for me. I know some Spurs fans will feel I let them down... but I can assure them I'll be giving my all."

He added: "This club has terrific fans and I want to repay them for all their support. We've got to get on and fight our way up that league table."

We never wanted Robbie to leave in the summer

Levy:Keane joined Liverpool from Spurs in July for £20.3m but failed to establish himself in manager Rafael Benitez's first-team. The Republic of Ireland captain managed only five goals in 19 appearances for the club he supported as a boy.

"We never wanted Robbie to leave in the summer, we acknowledged the six years dedicated service he gave this club and reluctantly let him go," said Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy."I am delighted that he has chosen to return to us.

We can all recall the passion and fight he displayed during his previous seasons with us. I know he is determined to give us his full commitment."

Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell between August 2002 and July 2008, during which time he scored 107 goals. He becomes the third player manager Harry Redknapp has brought back to White Hart Lane this month, following fellow striker Jermain Defoe's return from Portsmouth and defender Pascal Chimbonda's transfer from Sunderland.

BBC News

Keane seals £12m Tottenham return

Tottenham have re-signed striker Robbie Keane from Liverpool, six months after he left the club for £20.3m.

"It was a difficult decision to make to leave Tottenham in the summer," the 28-year-old told the club website.

"It proved not to be the right move for me. I know some Spurs fans will feel I let them down... but I can assure them I'll be giving my all."

He added: "This club has terrific fans and I want to repay them for all their support. We've got to get on and fight our way up that league table."

We never wanted Robbie to leave in the summer

Levy:Keane joined Liverpool from Spurs in July for £20.3m but failed to establish himself in manager Rafael Benitez's first-team. The Republic of Ireland captain managed only five goals in 19 appearances for the club he supported as a boy.

"We never wanted Robbie to leave in the summer, we acknowledged the six years dedicated service he gave this club and reluctantly let him go," said Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy."I am delighted that he has chosen to return to us.

We can all recall the passion and fight he displayed during his previous seasons with us. I know he is determined to give us his full commitment."

Keane made 254 appearances for Spurs during his first spell between August 2002 and July 2008, during which time he scored 107 goals. He becomes the third player manager Harry Redknapp has brought back to White Hart Lane this month, following fellow striker Jermain Defoe's return from Portsmouth and defender Pascal Chimbonda's transfer from Sunderland.

BBC News

Laughable really..

Keane was & never has been for the real top Level anyway as has been showed in the past 6 months so it's about right he drops down to a Club fighting Relegation & who are destined to finish bottom half of the League again really, it's about his level..

I reckon that the Keane transfer was all about the power behind the scenes. Rafa probably never wanted him and his refusal to play him or even have him on the bench was him flexing his muscle. Keane made the move to his boyhood club, it didnt work out for whatever reason but there is no disputing he is a quality footballer and probably someone who Spurs need right now.

Is it really about dropping down a level, I would say not. I think he can cut it at the top level and has scored some cracking goals at his time with Liverpool, the one against the Arse was a great goal. He wasn't wanted at Liverpool and in my opinion his frustrations at Liverpool were more to do boardroom power struggles.

I for one will cheer and support him when he plays for Spurs again. A great player and the final game of the season will be a cracker, Liverpool vs Spurs . Will it be the game that Spurs need to win to stay up and possibly a game that Liverpool need to win to secure the title?