Tottenham Thread

chonabot

ah well I suppose the same goas for you finishing above us, oh so so many many times in the last 10 years.

but thats dull and bit boring, and doasnt really matter.

Well actually rijit, you're absolutely spot on Fella, whether you said it tongue in cheek or not, so no wonder it's dull & boring & doesn't really matter... :o

By way of a comparison (and why not wheel it out once more), here's how the two clubs have compared/are comparing in the 10 most recent Premier League/Premiership seasons:

08/09 West Ham 7th; Sp*rs 11th

07/08 West Ham 10th, Sp*rs 11th

06/07 Sp*rs 5th, West Ham 15th

05/06 Sp*rs 5th, West Ham 9th

02/03 Sp*rs 10th, West Ham 18th

01/02 West Ham 7th, Sp*rs 9th

00/01 Sp*rs 12th, West Ham 15th

99/00 West Ham 9th, Sp*rs 10th

98/99 West Ham 5th, Sp*rs 11th

97/98 West Ham 8th, Sp*rs 14th

As you can see WHU have finished higher than T*ttenham in five of the nine completed seasons.

Top ten finishes in that time? West Ham 6, T*ttenham 5.

Nothing further to add. :D

ah well I suppose the same goas for you finishing above us, oh so so many many times in the last 10 years.

Well actually rijit, you're absolutely spot on Fella, whether you said it tongue in cheek or not, so no wonder it's dull & boring & doesn't really matter... :o

By way of a comparison (and why not wheel it out once more), here's how the two clubs have compared/are comparing in the 10 most recent Premier League/Premiership seasons:

As you can see WHU have finished higher than T*ttenham in five of the nine completed seasons.

U CAN ADD WHAT U LIKE SPURS ARE POTENTIALLY A FAR BIGGER CLUB THAN WEST HAM SUPPORT WISE AND MONEY WISE SO STOP DREAMING :D ANS STICK DEM BUBBLES WHERE THE SUN AINT GONNA SHINE

Nothing further to add. :o

Statistics can be bent in any ol' direction you like. If you take the last 5 years, Spurs are ahead. If you go further back, WH are ahead. And so what? It's a game of football. Spurs are the team I support but I happen to enjoy any good game of football no matter who they are. BTW what school do you go to MSingh?

U CAN ADD WHAT U LIKE SPURS ARE POTENTIALLY A FAR BIGGER CLUB THAN WEST HAM SUPPORT WISE AND MONEY WISE SO STOP DREAMING :D ANS STICK DEM BUBBLES WHERE THE SUN AINT GONNA SHINE

Potentially ???

Thanks for the compliment Fella... :D

de⋅lude–verb (used with object), -lud⋅ed, -lud⋅ing.

1.to mislead the mind or judgment of; deceive: His conceit deluded him into believing he was important.

2.Obsolete. to mock or frustrate the hopes or aims of.

3.Obsolete. to elude; evade.

:D

Nothing further to add. :o

Statistics can be bent in any ol' direction you like. If you take the last 5 years, Spurs are ahead. If you go further back, WH are ahead. And so what? It's a game of football. Spurs are the team I support but I happen to enjoy any good game of football no matter who they are. BTW what school do you go to MSingh?

Of course but if you take the past 12,580 hours approximately, you've only been above us for one hour & that's cos we kicked off an hour after you in our win at Sunderland.... :D

St Bonaventures Mate, Forest Gate, London E7..

How's about yourself ??

Edited : To say " excluding the off season " in the first line of my post, only to be fair & all that..:D

Edited by MSingh

How's about yourself ??

Clearly I am a little older than you are since I am retired :o Off topic, apologies, but used to live near your neck of the woods in E17 though that was an extremely looooong time ago.

What I was getting at, if you didn't twig it, is that a lot of this nastiness is extremely juvenile. Personally I enjoy watching WH or any other team when they are playing well, but Spurs is who I support, and this thread is called, wait for it, the Tottenham thread !!

Have you considered a Hammers thread at all, so that you may banter on to your heart's content about WH with fellow supporters? Just a thought ol' chap.

How's about yourself ??

Clearly I am a little older than you are since I am retired :o Off topic, apologies, but used to live near your neck of the woods in E17 though that was an extremely looooong time ago.

What I was getting at, if you didn't twig it, is that a lot of this nastiness is extremely juvenile. Personally I enjoy watching WH or any other team when they are playing well, but Spurs is who I support, and this thread is called, wait for it, the Tottenham thread !!

Have you considered a Hammers thread at all, so that you may banter on to your heart's content about WH with fellow supporters? Just a thought ol' chap.

Couldn't agree with you more.

In an a far gone era I used to lived in Barkingside and took the bus from Gants Hill to White Hart Lane every Saturday. That was over 50 years ago.

I also used to go with my mates to watch West Ham, and other London teams when Spurs were playing away.

There was none of this stupid aggressive rivalry that is around these days, and it it is indeed a shame that we can't have a Tottenham thread and discuss our team's fortunes without this childish nonsense from Mr Singh et al.

But I suppose I am from dying breed of Englishmen, the ones who had a world wide reputation for diffidence and good manners. Bit of a joke these days.

How's about yourself ??

Clearly I am a little older than you are since I am retired :D Off topic, apologies, but used to live near your neck of the woods in E17 though that was an extremely looooong time ago.

Nastiness ??

What nastiness, could you point out the " nastiness " to me please ??

I'm just stating facts & replying to questions asked to me, again... :o

& no offence Fella but bantering with opposition Supporters is what banter really is so long as it's not offensive & disrespectful, which non eof mine has been i don't think, we had all this a while back & many members on here, from all different Clubs agreed with me & if any D*ck wants to agree with you ( no pun intended Mobi :D ) then that's up to them, doesn't make them right though..

That's twice now in this Sp*rs thread that it's gone the same kind of route ( IE basically telling me to <deleted> off for want of a better term ) when i get asked questions & some people don't like the truthful answers i give, weird that, maybe it's because they dont' suit you, i don't know... :D

Really are a touchy lots you Sp*rs, you really are..

Mobi, the 123 Bus, along the Woodford Avenue ??

M singh, as mobi says

this is a thread for people who want to talk about tottenham and if they mention another team, its ok because the are talking amongst tottenham fans

from a tottenham point of view

They are not looking for an arguement or a discussion over their point of view and constant challenges become rather tiresome

so if you want to slag tottenham or get involved in a pros and cons debate, be a nice chap and start a new thread

So it seems we can all agree that Spurs and WestHam are crap and have been for ages bar a couple of top 5 places.

Anyway is Arry going to be taking it easy v Newcastle this weekend by playing some of the youngens now youve nothing to play for, we've a relatively decent away record v spurs in the last 10 years or so.

M singh, as mobi says

this is a thread for people who want to talk about tottenham and if they mention another team, its ok because the are talking amongst tottenham fans

from a tottenham point of view

They are not looking for an arguement or a discussion over their point of view and constant challenges become rather tiresome

so if you want to slag tottenham or get involved in a pros and cons debate, be a nice chap and start a new thread

You people are nuts, you really, really are..

YOU are the one's asking me question, Cockney Git was the first & because you don't like my truthful & factful answer, you try & dismiss ME ?? :D

Please, have a read back over the past couple of days & see for yourself riijt, honestly Fella, i gave you some of my time trying to locate your Uncle, at least give me 10 mins of yours in just having a read back over the past few days in this Thread & if after it you still think i'm in the wrong, then i'll hold my hands up ???

There has been no " nastiness " as one of you lot pointed out & i really don't think i have " slagged off T*ttenham " like you're suggesting & if i have it's only been done with a :o at the end of it..

You lot are truly unreal & are doing absolutely nothing to help mine & thousands of others, perception of the majority of T*ttenham Supporters..

& i don't think it's any coincidence whatsoever that ZERO contributors to this Thread, T*ttenham Fans, have contribute to the " Banter " thread..

Grown Men my arse !!

Nothing more to add except my Stat, for the past 12,610 hours approximately............................. :D

Good luck with the rest of the Season Ladies.

So it seems we can all agree that Spurs and WestHam are crap and have been for ages bar a couple of top 5 places.

No San, this is the WHOLE point in all of this... :o

WE know we're crap & openly admit it ( although, in case you didn't know San, we have been above them for the past 12,610 hours approximately in the League all bar one hour where we icked off an hour later in Sunderland but won so went back above them.. :D ) & opnely take the p*ss out of ourselves but it's THEM who seem to think that they're actually a whole lot better, than they actually are..

Not all of them are the same though San, it's all about majorities & minorities of course, but it just so happens that 99% of T*ttenham think this way..

You will learn this over the coming days having a loof at this Thread, that's if they contribute, which they won't if things don't go their way on Sunday..

& no offence Fella

The most interesting part of your post was the 123 bus which I used to take too, usually waited an hour for it to Gants Hill. Apart from that usual boring posting. And re: Fella, you've obviously not looked at my profile.

& no offence Fella

The most interesting part of your post was the 123 bus which I used to take too, usually waited an hour for it to Gants Hill. Apart from that usual boring posting. And re: Fella, you've obviously not looked at my profile.

:D

I have now, sorry Sweetheart... :o

Alright season is about up and surely there will be a clear out at Spurs and this is a listing who I believe we need to sell on:

Bent - Too obvious to list but it's done.

Zakora: What a nightmare this lad is. Guaranteed he has given away more stupid free kicks in key areas then anyone else at the club.

Lennon: Surprised eh? Stunning player for 10 minutes a game which just isn't good enough. If we can get 20mil then move him on.

Jenas: A shadow of the player he was. Time to sell.

Bale: Yes we can wait another season to see if he has learnt anything but at what cost?

Corluka: Surely the slowest defender in the league. The way he links with Lennon suggests his brain may be slower than his legs.

Bentley: What a prima donna. He'll struggle to resurrect his career.

O'Hara: Full of guts but sheer ability sadly lacking. Gooners done well to offload and we need to do the same.

Pavlyuchenko: Another who may work out but but stakes are too high to gamble especially up front. Looks very much that Arashvin would have been a better buy.

Chimbonda: Never did understand why he came back.

There's about 80 million quids worth invested in this lot but Lennon aside we'll be lucky to recoup 50p in the £.

Different subject: Player of the season for 2009/10? Huddlestone. A long shot but if he speeds up his passing and reads the game better then maybe.

All agree?

Alright season is about up and surely there will be a clear out at Spurs and this is a listing who I believe we need to sell on:

Zakora: What a nightmare this lad is. Guaranteed he has given away more stupid free kicks in key areas then anyone else at the club.

Lennon: Surprised eh? Stunning player for 10 minutes a game which just isn't good enough. If we can get 20mil then move him on.

Bale: Yes we can wait another season to see if he has learnt anything but at what cost?

Corluka: Surely the slowest defender in the league. The way he links with Lennon suggests his brain may be slower than his legs.

O'Hara: Full of guts but sheer ability sadly lacking. Gooners done well to offload and we need to do the same.

Pavlyuchenko: Another who may work out but but stakes are too high to gamble especially up front. Looks very much that Arashvin would have been a better buy.

There's about 80 million quids worth invested in this lot but Lennon aside we'll be lucky to recoup 50p in the £.

Different subject: Player of the season for 2009/10? Huddlestone. A long shot but if he speeds up his passing and reads the game better then maybe.

All agree?

Pretty much agree Mahseer but with a couple of exceptions.

Bent - Agree. Championship player at best!

Zakora - Agree

Lennon - Disagree strongly, he's class. He just needs to stop being subbed so often and allowed to get on and do his thing without worrying. Work with the technical guys a bit for his final ball and we'll have a world class player on our hands. He's still only young!

Jenas - Agree, never rated him. One good game in 8 is not acceptable.

Bale - Agree, could come good next season.

Corluka - Sort of agree, but still young and could be a good squad player. Although wouldn't be bothered if he did leave, however against Villa he had Ashley Young on toast!!!

Bentley - Agree. Biggest waste of money EVER! Ex Arsenal, enough said?

O Hara - Agree - Looked promising last season, gone backwards.

Pavlyuchenko - Disagree. I reckon him, Modric and Keano will be deadly next season if 'Arry can get th system right. I think Pav has a bit of class about him. First season has done OK and big upheaval coming from Russia to England. Possibly another Russian would help, maybe Zhirkov..??

Chimbonda - Agree. Squad player at best. When Hutton's fit he'll struggle to get a game and hopefully young Gunter will come on and be a regular back up.

The best signing we can make this summer would be a doctor who can sort King Ledley's knee out. Without being biased, I believe if he had not had his famous knee troubles, John Terry wouldn't have got near the England team, let alone be captain. It would have been a King / Ferdinand 1st choice partnership.

However, with his dodgy knee we managed to keep him as I'm pretty sure S'Alex would have snapped him up to partner Rio if he was fit.

YID ARMY...!!!!!

Don't get this at all. Banter by its very nature is something you do with fans from other teams. Why on earth would Singh banter with his own fans and why would he banter about his own team???

Nastiness ??

I've just read through the last 3 or 4 pages and i can't see any nastiness either. Can someone point me in the direction of the offending post/posts please.

Don't get this at all. Banter by its very nature is something you do with fans from other teams. Why on earth would Singh banter with his own fans and why would he banter about his own team???

Nastiness ??

I've just read through the last 3 or 4 pages and i can't see any nastiness either. Can someone point me in the direction of the offending post/posts please.

It's because there isn't any nastiness Rix, that's why Mate, yet of course when i ask them to point it out, they go all quiet...

2 Bob !!!

:thumbsdown: as per usual with this lot..

Hence the reason the " Banter " Thread got started too by me & it seems, first off, that Miss/Mrs chickencurry is completely unaware of the meaning of the Word judging by what she wrote & the others are not really interested in contributing to it either, aside from riijt who hasn't had the decency/courtesy to reply to me in this Thread even though i gave up my own time contacting people to try & track down his Grandad or whoever it was, that used to play for Stoke ...:thumbsdown:

Hence the reason the " Banter " Thread got started too by me & it seems, first off, that Miss/Mrs chickencurry is completely unaware of the meaning of the Word judging by what she wrote

I do beg your pardon. I should have said Infantile Banter. Many apologies. I don't think the word banter was around when I was taking my English O level, so you'll have to make some allowances :o Mrs CC.

Anyway, back to Topic. I thought they were lucky to get the win against Newcastle. Viduka and Martins came roaring out of the blocks and lucky (for us) that they didn't get an equaliser towards the end. Obviously Defoe isn't match fit yet but Keane didn't quite seem himself did he?

Lennon: Surprised eh? Stunning player for 10 minutes a game which just isn't good enough. If we can get 20mil then move him on. (Maybe City will bite at him for that amount)

Corluka: Surely the slowest defender in the league. The way he links with Lennon suggests his brain may be slower than his legs. (Don't agree, while not a star, not unreliable - shows up most days)

Pavlyuchenko: Another who may work out but but stakes are too high to gamble especially up front. Looks very much that Arashvin would have been a better buy. (I read Chelsea is high on him)

Chimbonda: Never did understand why he came back. (He tells good jokes that makes Harry laugh)

Your player of the season is Dawson.

All agree?

All agree?

yet another spurs fan whos not got a scooby doo, corluka. pava and lennon r class acts and to say jenas is shadow of the player he was is stupid hes never been any good ask any geordie

All agree?

yet another spurs fan whos not got a scooby doo, corluka. pava and lennon r class acts and to say jenas is shadow of the player he was is stupid hes never been any good ask any geordie

Jenas is a quality box to box midfielder, what he has lacked is a high scoring season. As 4 geordies not recognizing a good footballer, thats bollacks, imo they are probably the most knowledgable group of supporters ive had the pleasure of meeting.

ITN news via Yahoo UK news 1 hour 33 mins ago

Ref url

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090425/tuk-fo...ta-dba1618.html

Footballer's brother dies after attack

The brother of England footballer Jermaine Defoe has died after a street attack, it has emerged.

Jade Defoe, 26, suffered serious head injuries in a brutal assault on Monday afternoon in Leytonstone, east London.

He was taken to a central London hospital where he died on Friday night.

The attack took place between 4.15pm and 5pm in Walnut Gardens, near the junction with High Road Leytonstone.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We do not believe a weapon was used during the assault. We retain an open mind as to any motive and inquiries continue to establish the full circumstances of the incident."

A 28-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of perverting the course of justice in connection with the investigation.

He was released on bail, but was re-arrested on Friday on suspicion of the same offence and remains in custody at an east London police station.

A post-mortem examination will be held at East Ham mortuary later.

Jade Defoe, also known as Gavin and Esco Bars, was popular as a grime MC on the urban music scene.

Half-brother Jermaine Defoe did not travel with his Tottenham Hotspur team mates on Friday for their match with Manchester United because of Jade's death.

A club spokesman said: "It is a private matter and we await details."

May he RIP

BBC News, last updated at 09:37 GMT, Sunday, 26 April 2009 10:37 UK

ref url... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8019103.stm

Bail in Defoe brother death probe

Jermain Defoe did not play for Spurs against Manchester United

A man arrested in connection with the death of Jermain Defoe's brother, has been released on bail.

Jade Defoe, 26, suffered serious head injuries in an attack in Leytonstone, east London on Monday and died in hospital on Friday.

A 28-year-old arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice has been released on police bail.

Jermain Defoe was withdrawn from the Tottenham Hotspur that lost 5-2 to Manchester United on Saturday.

The attack took place about 1700 BST on Monday in Walnut Gardens, near the junction with High Road Leytonstone.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We do not believe a weapon was used during the assault.

"We retain an open mind as to any motive and inquiries continue to establish the full circumstances of the incident."

The arrested man was first arrested on Tuesday.

He was released on bail, but was re-arrested on Friday and questioned at an east London police station.

A spokesman for Tottenham Hotspurs said: "All at the club wish to extend their condolences to Jermain Defoe and his family following the death of his half-brother."

Edited by sheff_mick

All agree?

Jenas is a quality box to box midfielder, what he has lacked is a high scoring season. As 4 geordies not recognizing a good footballer, thats bollacks, imo they are probably the most knowledgable group of supporters ive had the pleasure of meeting.

well this could be true - but its been so long since they saw one on a regular basis - you can't blame them for being a bit out of touch these days. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be the poster more probable sad news relating to the loss of a players brother.

BBC Sports News, Page last updated at 18:17 GMT, Saturday, 9 May 2009 19:17 UK

Palacios brother feared murdered

Tottenham's Wilson Palacios has returned to his native Honduras after the discovery of a dead body, believed to be his kidnapped younger brother.

Edwin Palacios, 16, has been held captive for ransom since October 2007.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said Palacios left Spurs' team hotel in Liverpool at 0700 BST before the 0-0 Everton draw.

"The lad had heard from his family at one in the morning what had happened, and his brothers, I believe, have identified the body," he said.

"He sat around the hotel lobby with his case packed until 7am because he didn't want to wake me.

"I'm amazed with him. But we organised for him to be driven back to London so he could get a flight home."

Edwin, the youngest of five football-playing brothers, was seized by armed kidnappers from his home in the coastal town of La Ceiba following Wilson's move to Birmingham City in August 2007.

Honduran police say the Palacios family paid a ransom of $500,000 (£331,500) but the teenager was not released.

And the chief of police in Honduras suspected the body found 150 miles north of the capital Tegucigalpa was that of the teenager.

"According to all the evidence provided to the police, we think the bones are those of the young person, Palacios," said Nelson Osorio.

"The forensic doctors working in the public prosecutors office will analyse the remains and we don't know how long the process will take."

Palacios, 24, signed for £12m from Wigan in January, has been singled out for praise from former boss Steve Bruce as well as Redknapp for his dedication during his personal turmoil.

"He's a wonderful lad and if his brother was anything like him, he's one of the most respectful people I have come across, he's unbelievable," said Redknapp.

"His mother's been over visiting him on her first visit to England. And she left on Friday and is flying back home so she's travelling and won't know until she got home. I think it's been confirmed.

"You couldn't wish for a more calm and likeable lad, football is not really that important after this." Harry Rednap

End of the news item.

"I think it's been confirmed. I think one of his other brothers is identifying his remains." Quoted from AFP agency

in a similar, yet later seperate.

May you RIP young man

Edited by sheff_mick

Sorry to be the poster more probable sad news relating to the loss of a players brother.

BBC Sports News, Page last updated at 18:17 GMT, Saturday, 9 May 2009 19:17 UK

Palacios brother feared murdered

Tottenham's Wilson Palacios has returned to his native Honduras after the discovery of a dead body, believed to be his kidnapped younger brother.

Edwin Palacios, 16, has been held captive for ransom since October 2007.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said Palacios left Spurs' team hotel in Liverpool at 0700 BST before the 0-0 Everton draw.

"The lad had heard from his family at one in the morning what had happened, and his brothers, I believe, have identified the body," he said.

"He sat around the hotel lobby with his case packed until 7am because he didn't want to wake me.

"I'm amazed with him. But we organised for him to be driven back to London so he could get a flight home."

Edwin, the youngest of five football-playing brothers, was seized by armed kidnappers from his home in the coastal town of La Ceiba following Wilson's move to Birmingham City in August 2007.

Honduran police say the Palacios family paid a ransom of $500,000 (£331,500) but the teenager was not released.

And the chief of police in Honduras suspected the body found 150 miles north of the capital Tegucigalpa was that of the teenager.

"According to all the evidence provided to the police, we think the bones are those of the young person, Palacios," said Nelson Osorio.

"The forensic doctors working in the public prosecutors office will analyse the remains and we don't know how long the process will take."

Palacios, 24, signed for £12m from Wigan in January, has been singled out for praise from former boss Steve Bruce as well as Redknapp for his dedication during his personal turmoil.

"He's a wonderful lad and if his brother was anything like him, he's one of the most respectful people I have come across, he's unbelievable," said Redknapp.

"His mother's been over visiting him on her first visit to England. And she left on Friday and is flying back home so she's travelling and won't know until she got home. I think it's been confirmed.

"You couldn't wish for a more calm and likeable lad, football is not really that important after this." Harry Rednap

End of the news item.

"I think it's been confirmed. I think one of his other brothers is identifying his remains." Quoted from AFP agency

in a similar, yet later seperate.

May you RIP young man

How sad , I send my condolences

All agree?

He's not alone Fella... :)