Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Finally managed to watch a game after 7 weeks stuck offshore so 3 questions from the Chelsea game for those better informed:

1. Any particular reason why Kaboul played at right back?

2. Will Pav's insistence in not scoring hurt us in the end?

3. If Bale has been playing like he did Saturday will we be able to hang onto him?

Cheers

Finally managed to watch a game after 7 weeks stuck offshore so 3 questions from the Chelsea game for those better informed:

1. Any particular reason why Kaboul played at right back?

2. Will Pav's insistence in not scoring hurt us in the end?

3. If Bale has been playing like he did Saturday will we be able to hang onto him?

Cheers

Corluka was injured.

He hasn't missed many recently although he obviously missed a few on saturday.

Yes, Bale has been playing like that from since he returned from injury and believe he has just signed a new contract, teams might come after him but i shouldn't think that he will be in a rush to move being as he is so young but saying that we would probaly take 50m pounds for him :) .

Thought Walker was the understudy to Corluka but maybe he's also injured. Kaboul was pretty ineffective throughout and to me on the basis of Saturday's game remains a needless signing.

What has happened to Bale? We all remember the bloke getting turned inside out time and again and on each occasion worrying only about his hair but if as you say he has been playing like this for a while then good on the lad. Would be a shame for hm to finally come good and then be sold on but never can tell in today's game. Bet there a couple of sides mulling over putting in an offer for Mordric also.

Sod the heat it's good to be back in town.

The answer to 3 is a resounding yes and no. Yes he has been playing like he did on Saturday and no you will not be able to (afford to) hang onto him. Most impressive EPL player (possibly barring Rooney) this year. Left-footed as well. Worth at least £25m if there are no hidden medical/physical issues). Man U need him but I'm not sure they have the money. Arsenal need him (less than Man U) and they probably don't have the money. Liverpool need him but Rafa will be too busy protecting his back. Man City just need to work on making their existing considerable assets function like a team on a more than 1 in 3 game basis. Swap him with FCB for £15m and Thierry Henri.

If only football wasn't such a narrow-minded petty-administered sport and if the more voiciferous football fans were not narrow-minded numbskulls we would have had a great chance as Great Britain in South Africa. Yes - that hoary old chestnut again.

[Arsenal fan]

If only football wasn't such a narrow-minded petty-administered sport and if the more voiciferous football fans were not narrow-minded numbskulls we would have had a great chance as Great Britain in South Africa. Yes - that hoary old chestnut again.

A topic worthy of it's own thread, to avoid cluttering this one.

Personally though. I think I probably belong in your "voiciferous football fans" and "narrow-minded numbskulls" grouping. I don't want to see a Team GB in Football.

The answer to 3 is a resounding yes and no. Yes he has been playing like he did on Saturday and no you will not be able to (afford to) hang onto him. Most impressive EPL player (possibly barring Rooney) this year. Left-footed as well. Worth at least £25m if there are no hidden medical/physical issues). Man U need him but I'm not sure they have the money.

Guess we could trade him to Man U for Berbatov +£10mil. What a turn of events that would be but what really impressed me Saturday was his buccaneering spirit. Absolutely didn't care who was in front him and was even taking players on 2 at a time and should have picked up a penalty plus he could have had a hat trick with a bit of luck but no he needs to stay where he is. Shame he's not English eh?

The answer to 3 is a resounding yes and no. Yes he has been playing like he did on Saturday and no you will not be able to (afford to) hang onto him. Most impressive EPL player (possibly barring Rooney) this year. Left-footed as well. Worth at least £25m if there are no hidden medical/physical issues). Man U need him but I'm not sure they have the money.

Guess we could trade him to Man U for Berbatov +£10mil. What a turn of events that would be but what really impressed me Saturday was his buccaneering spirit. Absolutely didn't care who was in front him and was even taking players on 2 at a time and should have picked up a penalty plus he could have had a hat trick with a bit of luck but no he needs to stay where he is. Shame he's not English eh?

err :D apparent to Giggsy on our left side. So natural, except for that hair. :)

Edited by bkkjames

They give us 30m for Berb :D so like i said that makes Bale worth 50m pounds.

Berbatov and 10m no no no, Berb is only worth about 30 bob, so that's Berb and 49,999,998.50 pounds :)

They give us 30m for Berb :D so like i said that makes Bale worth 50m pounds.

Berbatov and 10m no no no, Berb is only worth about 30 bob, so that's Berb and 49,999,998.50 pounds :)

I like this idea. Lets buy him and stick him on the bench at reserve games where he belongs! :D

Looking forward to what will be a tough mach tomorrow. Good news is Ledley King should play and Lennon will be on the bench and hopefully will play some part.

Let's hope we can get a decent result for once at Old Trafford.

This OT game is going to be interesting. If the ball is a meter or more over the line hopefully the ref will give us the benefit of the doubt.

This has to be our best chance to win there in years. Ledley, Lennon and Palacios back, Gary Neville playing, pudits/journosLawro and Oliver Kay (Times) backing a Man Utd win, and a team almost totally reliant on Rooney's performance.

Who knows, we might just have a chance :)

This OT game is going to be interesting. If the ball is a meter or more over the line hopefully the ref will give us the benefit of the doubt.

This has to be our best chance to win there in years. Ledley, Lennon and Palacios back, Gary Neville playing, pudits/journosLawro and Oliver Kay (Times) backing a Man Utd win, and a team almost totally reliant on Rooney's performance.

I cant remember ever wanting to win a match so much. With all the bad decisions that have gone against us in previous fixtures we are due a bit of help. Who knows if we get 3 points and the Gooners lose we could be looking at 3rd. Come on you Spurs.

I cant remember ever wanting to win a match so much. With all the bad decisions that have gone against us in previous fixtures we are due a bit of help. Who knows if we get 3 points and the Gooners lose we could be looking at 3rd. Come on you Spurs.

We do deserve a win up there but unfortunately thats irrelevent. I do feel though that we are well capable of winning up there today on our own merit. It would appear that we have lost our inferiority complex over the so called big four but i'll be convinced when we win some away games against them.

(That said the atmosphere at Stamford B and Emirates normally makes it feel like another home game :D )

All jesting aside i always look forward to our meetings,two of the more entertaining sides in the prem and always a great attacking game,most United fans have a lot of respect for the way Tottenham have always played their football and also the history of the club

Last time you won at Old Trafford was 1989!! 24 games since then 19 wins and 6 draws for the Reds in all competitions.

And you haven't beaten us home or away since 2001!

I have now obviously realised after checking these stats it is no wonder we like playing you :)

Another big game today and in all those years i don't think you have played as good as you are doing at the moment?

I think it will be a scoring draw!

All jesting aside i always look forward to our meetings,two of the more entertaining sides in the prem and always a great attacking game,most United fans have a lot of respect for the way Tottenham have always played their football and also the history of the club

Last time you won at Old Trafford was 1989!! 24 games since then 19 wins and 6 draws for the Reds in all competitions.

I have now obviously realised after checking these stats it is no wonder we like playing you :D

Another big game today and in all those years i don't think you have played as good as you are doing at the moment?

I think i have reached the stage where i shall say no more :):D

Thought Walker was the understudy to Corluka but maybe he's also injured. Kaboul was pretty ineffective throughout and to me on the basis of Saturday's game remains a needless signing.

What has happened to Bale? We all remember the bloke getting turned inside out time and again and on each occasion worrying only about his hair but if as you say he has been playing like this for a while then good on the lad. Would be a shame for hm to finally come good and then be sold on but never can tell in today's game. Bet there a couple of sides mulling over putting in an offer for Mordric also.

Welcome back Mahseer to the Tottenham thread. Hope you are up for the game tonight.

Incidentally, have you brought any jokes back with you this time as i know the West Ham lads loved the last one :)

I have now obviously realised after checking these stats it is no wonder we like playing you :D

I think i have reached the stage where i shall say no more :):D

Yes i know i am tempting fate by giving you these stats but to be really honest i think if we do come back and win the title it will be a fortunate one due a lot to Chealskis inadequacies in wrapping it up for themselves.

If we win the title i wouldn't say we didn't deserve it because we have hung in there but i would see it as a gift now from Chealsea.

Anyway lets see the best team win today hopefully us!! :D

I think villa getting a win today will make them even more determined to get a result against city thus helping us in the process....... how about the scenario of villa pipping us both to the post,now how funny would that be :) .

Edited by alfieconn

I think villa getting a win today will make them even more determined to get a result against city thus helping us in the process....... how about the scenario of villa pipping us both to the post,now how funny would that be :) .

Funny? NO Tragic? YES

In truth it won't happen but yes it will have them fired up against City. But we have to beat Bolton and should do given our current form. :D

Edited by smokie36

Welcome back Mahseer to the Tottenham thread. Hope you are up for the game tonight.

Incidentally, have you brought any jokes back with you this time as i know the West Ham lads loved the last one :)

A T*ttenham Fan cracking a humorous joke ??

Yep, i missed it... :D

Sorry i been on TV a while and only just ventured into the football section. dont know why cos i love talking about spurs, and not being a huge club out here, dont really have anyone to talk at :)

So do u lot think we'll do it for 4th. IMO alot rides on the game we have against man city, asuming all the 4 teams aiming for 4th win all there games. villa vs city should knock one of them back in the race. Personally i really dont want liverpool to get it, perhaps i just want a change up there, but i really dont feel like they have deserved it this season.

Sorry i been on TV a while and only just ventured into the football section. dont know why cos i love talking about spurs, and not being a huge club out here, dont really have anyone to talk at :)

So do u lot think we'll do it for 4th. IMO alot rides on the game we have against man city, asuming all the 4 teams aiming for 4th win all there games. villa vs city should knock one of them back in the race. Personally i really dont want liverpool to get it, perhaps i just want a change up there, but i really dont feel like they have deserved it this season.

I hope we will beat bolton 3-0 and Villa and City draw. 1-1. Piles the pressure on City for Wenesday night.

We must beat Bolton though...

Sorry i been on TV a while and only just ventured into the football section. dont know why cos i love talking about spurs, and not being a huge club out here, dont really have anyone to talk at :D

Takeo, one of the golden rules of a being a Spurs supporter is that we never admit to not being a huge club :D .

I take it that you are not from the UK :) .

Sorry i been on TV a while and only just ventured into the football section. dont know why cos i love talking about spurs, and not being a huge club out here, dont really have anyone to talk at :D

Takeo, one of the golden rules of a being a Spurs supporter is that we never admit to not being a huge club :D .

I take it that you are not from the UK :D .

We are massive :)

Agreed in a footballing sense just look at the waiting list for season tickets!

Also however in financial terms we're competing at the top level.

http://www.soccer360.co.uk/top-20-richest-...3rd-april-2010/

Agreed in a footballing sense just look at the waiting list for season tickets!

Also however in financial terms we're competing at the top level.

http://www.soccer360.co.uk/top-20-richest-...3rd-april-2010/

Don't take this seriously Smokie, we just want a West Scam response that's all :D

I really don't see the Bolton game a a banana skin. They have nothing to play for either. It's just a case of us putting in a workmanlike performance and hopefully Crouch (please leave on bench) won't need too many chances. I certainly do want us defending a one nil lead up till the final whistle because we might just bottle it. So hopefully kill the game off asap. If we screw this one up i could be descending into a major sulk :D

I guess we have to win all the 3 games left to get 4th. Though hopefully other teams will slip up. though we destroyed them at the lane, im not fancying city away. Though with recent victories over chelski and the woolwich arsenal i fancy us for anyone.

As a side note i didnt say we were not a massive club, i mearly refered to us not being so well supported in thailand. And im a london boy.

I guess we have to win all the 3 games left to get 4th. Though hopefully other teams will slip up. though we destroyed them at the lane, im not fancying city away. Though with recent victories over chelski and the woolwich arsenal i fancy us for anyone.

As a side note i didnt say we were not a massive club, i mearly refered to us not being so well supported in thailand. And im a london boy.

You wait Takeo, they'll be Thai Tottenham supporters popping up all over the place if we get top 4!!!

I think 7 points may well do it...probably not needing to beat City.

...and once again, we are a huge club mate, huge :)

Hi Takeo, nice you see you taking part in our Thread..

I love talking about Spurs too..

What's your favourite subject when talking about the Club that is not so huge out here or anywhere else for that matter ??

& what Country are you from ??

Most of the people on here on this Thread are from Cuckooland which is somewhere in between Deludedland & Cockville..