Tottenham Thread

chonabot

According to the papers you guys rejected Michu for £2.2m in the summer.................feel sick much?

Yeah would have been a good buy, but tbh adeboy, once he get's his scoring boots on, of his type, he's as good as there is around imo. api new year all wai.gif

Please Please buy a tall centre forward that is strong and can contend , This togo man spends most of his time on the floor or trying to be a running winger, stay in the middle and man up at a contest . Lennon and bale have no one to cross too, Defoe would score plenty with a strong middle man.

Please Please buy a tall centre forward that is strong and can contend , This togo man spends most of his time on the floor or trying to be a running winger, stay in the middle and man up at a contest . Lennon and bale have no one to cross too, Defoe would score plenty with a strong middle man.

Thanks for a better second half you stayed in the middle and did your job and contended

Thanks for a better second half you stayed in the middle and did your job and contended

I hope his goal today will bring some more confidence in his goalscoring ability and give us a good return

for the remainder of the season.

Onwards and upwards for 2013 thumbsup.gif

another win the bag,very good festive season for the lads,keep it going

Right i've decided we need to buy someone as cover for Bale and Lennon and a proper centre forward so we don't have to play Defoe !

I don't for the life of me understand why he didn't pick a winger to replace Bale. It was obvious the way to beat them was using our width and pace as shown by Lennon. Was something wrong with Townsend /Falque? It was a win made far more difficult trying to play through the middle which was their best hope of containing us.

Very happy with that result nonetheless and i hope he uses the Coventry game to rotate as we have a tough january fixture list.

Right i've decided we need to buy someone as cover for Bale and Lennon and a proper centre forward so we don't have to play Defoe !

A report claims that Villas-Boas is considering moves for the £17m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk star Willian and the £20m-rated Internacional striker Leandro Damiao

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/tottenham-weigh-up-37m-double-transfer-swoop?

Good win even though it should have been wrapped up much earlier.

10 from 12 is excellent for the festive season....as Alfredo said...get the chequebook out Levy!

As was the cheque book needed last new year, when arguably we had a genuine chance of the title, what did we get? saha and nelson !!! I'll NEVER ever quite forgive/forget levy for that.Lets hope If vb buys anyone levy give's him the competitive budget for players that are genuine improvements on what we've got, not just further wallpaper.

Edited by rijit

another win the bag,very good festive season for the lads,keep it going

I don't for the life of me understand why he didn't pick a winger to replace Bale. It was obvious the way to beat them was using our width and pace as shown by Lennon. Was something wrong with Townsend /Falque? It was a win made far more difficult trying to play through the middle which was their best hope of containing us.

Very happy with that result nonetheless and i hope he uses the Coventry game to rotate as we have a tough january fixture list.

quick wingers running at full backs nothing better,full back picks up a early booking,then has to think twice about his actions after that.

A report claims that Villas-Boas is considering moves for the £17m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk star Willian and the £20m-rated Internacional striker Leandro Damiao

http://www.givemefoo...transfer-swoop?

views on the above players lads,

Good win even though it should have been wrapped up much earlier.

10 from 12 is excellent for the festive season....as Alfredo said...get the chequebook out Levy!

As was the cheque book needed last new year, when arguably we had a genuine chance of the title, what did we get? saha and nelson !!! I'll NEVER ever quite forgive/forget levy for that.Lets hope If vb buys anyone levy give's him the competitive budget for players that are genuine improvements on what we've got, not just further wallpaper.

agree, we need to buy some game changers,we are starting to get a very good side,but we must only buy quality

Being linked to those two is like a long playing record. Now theres Wesley S thrown in! Think wages!! It will never happen.

Mindyou after levy's total cop out this time last year its really down to him to spend sum cash. Thats cash on "quality" players. He badly let us down last january. if he does it again it will be unacceptable.

If we beat QPR, Man Utd and Norwich and make a couple of quality signings we have to be taken seriously.

The Guardian is reporting that Kaboul won't be back until february at the earliest which is a real blow. On a plus point we'll keep Dawson

Edited by carmine

views on the above players lads,

Damiao is a bit like an old style English centre forward with loads of skill, check the back heeled flick over, something i can imagine ups doing in his prime !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB-AmKE2Y8g

Edited by alfieconn

Both of them will be fine. Oh and Moutinho as well please. biggrin.png

If there is any change left we'll have Falcao.....cheesy.gif

If we could just get a top quality goal scorer all these points being dropped in the last ten minutes wouldn'y happen because the match win would have been wrapped up in the first half.

Defoes conversion rate of shots to goals is v poor. He needs far too many chances to score, a bit like Andy Cole used to be.

Its still Leandro Damiao as the perfect fit striker for me

Both of them will be fine. Oh and Moutinho as well please. biggrin.png

If there is any change left we'll have Falcao.....cheesy.gif

If we could just get a top quality goal scorer all these points being dropped in the last ten minutes wouldn'y happen because the match win would have been wrapped up in the first half.

Defoes conversion rate of shots to goals is v poor. He needs far too many chances to score, a bit like Andy Cole used to be.

Its still Leandro Damiao as the perfect fit striker for me

Yes mate, the stats tell the story don't they?

A striker is our number one priority.

howdy guys...

new to this thread...30 odd yrs THFC supporter..

wish all 'wishes' come true....WS + moutinho + brazilian pair !!! lol...

costs/wages....that's the big brick wall....

and we're only 6 adrift of MC....

Edited by tmaker
  • Like 1

howdy guys...

new to this thread...30 odd yrs THFC supporter..

wish all 'wishes' come true....WS + moutinho + brazilian pair !!! lol...

costs/wages....that's the big brick wall....

and we're only 6 adrift of MC....

welcome to the thread mate.

Yes this is going to be a very interesting month for Spurs, on and off the pitch!

No one seems to have told him that if you have three defenders in front of you, it might be better passing to the guy that's free, to your right or left.

No one seems to have told him that if you have three defenders in front of you, it might be better passing to the guy that's free, to your right or left.

I agree. People seem to confuse a "natural strikers instinct" with being as thick as two short planks. JD really isn't a thinker and is hopelessly predictable at times.

Still all in all he's done a lot better for us this season in Adebayors earlier absense.

http://www.guardian....-damiao-willian

interest confirmed by vb. That willen brace against the chavs looked good. last transfer window it was reported that willen said he 'preferred' a move to the prem, but said Shakter wouldnt allow it, long contract ect ect judging by willen's and a few others moans seems 'player power' in Russia aint quite what it is here,

Edited by rijit

Tottenham are expected to complete the signing of Ezekiel Fryers from Standard Liege during the January transfer window, according to reports.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/former-manchester-united-player-ezekiel-fryers-linked-with-switch-to-tottenham-8437117.html

Personally, I'd very much prefer Leighton Baines biggrin.png