Tottenham Thread

chonabot

'Uefa will announce on Friday whether the Europa League winners will be rewarded with a Champions League qualifying spot from 2016'. {Beeb}

Relevant emoticons anyone?

Interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

"Other plans being considered include whether to award a fifth Champions League place to clubs in the big European leagues and to expand the number of Europa League places on offer"

If they keep going in that direction the sport will start taking on the look of so many sports in the states. Everybody gets in the big tournaments regardless if they're shit or not. More matches, more money, blah, blah, blah. Watered down nonsense. Just say no.bah.gif

'Uefa will announce on Friday whether the Europa League winners will be rewarded with a Champions League qualifying spot from 2016'. {Beeb}

Interesting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/23/uefa-champions-league-europa-league

"Other plans being considered include whether to award a fifth Champions League place to clubs in the big European leagues and to expand the number of Europa League places on offer"

If they keep going in that direction the sport will start taking on the look of so many sports in the states. Everybody gets in the big tournaments regardless if they're shit or not. More matches, more money, blah, blah, blah. Watered down nonsense. Just say no.bah.gif

Are you calling Spurs shit? laugh.png

Interesting.

Wasn't thinking of Spurs.rolleyes.gif Thinking more of the Upper Siberia Frozen Hound Dogs who barely nosed out the Middle Mongolia Moose Musketeers for the final spot.tongue.png

• Like 1

Pity they couldn't have intro'd it this year was my initial response (just the one change to allow the EL winner into the CL). Would have had a nice symmetry of fairness about it allowing the Spuds into the CL.

Pity they couldn't have intro'd it this year was my initial response (just the one change to allow the EL winner into the CL). Would have had a nice symmetry of fairness about it allowing the Spuds into the CL.

A nice symmetry of fairness if they allowed Spurs only in.........I like it laugh.png

Found this funny :

Get ready for the big part of the wallet to open up (Levy)

The only thing Levy is opening up is his sun lotion, so that he can slap it on his head as he is sat on a sun lounger out in the bahamas with Lewis, both sitting their chuckling about how they can <deleted> us over with ticket prices next season.. I can see it now .....

JL....will they fall for it again Daniel ?

DL....Oh yes, dont worry joe, ive got them thinking we are signing David Villa this summer, but theres more chance of us signing Ricky Villa really, season tickets are being renewed as we speak.

JL....well done daniel, you are a good boy, just keep making me money..oh hows the stadium plans coming along ? are we near building yet ?.. wink1.gifwink1.gif

DL....... lmao.gif Are we <deleted> !!!!.... cheers.gif

Don't know why i'm laughing. Its probably very close to the truth. We have a billionaire owner and are something like 12th or 14th in the transfer (net, of course) over the past five/six seasons. Not exactly hemorrhaging cash is he!

post-119894-0-71155100-1369378206.jpg

Interesting.

• Like 1

Interesting.

I sort of agree, as newbie to footie, you probabl/may dont know but 4 us life long suffer's the watering down has already v v much happened;bac in the day the 2 main european cups were the european cup, lge CHAMPIONS only allowed. and then the Cup winners cup, cup winners only and then there was the 'fairs cup' for the successful also rans ie top 6 ish ?. the first 2 were extremely prestigious and difficult to get in and win, and so was the third but the champions league now , tbh imo slowlyt slowly is heading towards a European league it could even be argued with the seeding & qualifying its already happened. As 4 the standards dropping, well that has to be seen, but its a possibility.

Interesting.

I sort of agree, as newbie to footie, you probabl/may dont know but 4 us life long suffer's the watering down has already v v much happened;bac in the day the 2 main european cups were the european cup, lge CHAMPIONS only allowed. and then the Cup winners cup, cup winners only and then there was the 'fairs cup' for the successful also rans ie top 6 ish ?. the first 2 were extremely prestigious and difficult to get in and win, and so was the third but the champions league now , tbh imo slowlyt slowly is heading towards a European league it could even be argued with the seeding & qualifying its already happened. As 4 the standards dropping, well that has to be seen, but its a possibility.

Righto Rijit, I don't know the history. But, what's clear is that its a slippery slope. As an old timer it pains me to see any sport I like being run by a pack of whoares. To football's credit, they don't seem to have changed many of the basics of the game, unlike many sports in the states.

Carrying that discussion on carms....who would you like to see signed in midfield?

I can't think of anyone offhand!

Not in the likely price range....chuck me £20m and I can. biggrin.png

Why do you need anyone when you have mighty mouse Holtby?

Actually, Spurs midfield isn't bad at all thumbsup.gif minus mighty mouse of course.

Not in the likely price range....chuck me £20m and I can. biggrin.png

Moutinho has always been the stand out since AVB's appointment. They've worked together successfully. TBH i've been spending so long praying for a decent striker i've almost stopped looking at the midfield position. Losing out on JM was a dreadful mistake by Levy as was not securing Damiao, despite his 3rd party ownership. They had months to work it out with our affiliate club after all

Carrying that discussion on carms....who would you like to see signed in midfield?

>Not in the likely price range....chuck me £20m and I can. biggrin.png

Actually, Spurs midfield isn't bad at all thumbsup.gif minus mighty mouse of course.

Our midfield with the inclusion of Moutinho would be awesome mate

Holtby has played a lot on the left when perhaps he will fill a position more centrally.

He needs to get more tackles in whatever but early days for him in the Premiership.

To be fair to Holtby he's been played in fits and starts and all over the place. All things considered he's done alright. He's also young and very much still learning

>Not in the likely price range....chuck me £20m and I can. biggrin.png

Our midfield with the inclusion of Moutinho would be awesome mate

whistling.gif