Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Deferred payments, wage reduction! Do me a favour Alfie! You've spent £37m, deal with it.

MJJ, why are you putting yourself up to be shot down in flames? And please do the math. You really think our net spend warrents the label of buying the league? You are not that stupid.

BTW, whats your stance on buying players to stop another buying him? Professionally and ethically?

Carmine, you have spent £37m, which if you had bought Willian would be upto £67m, plus Lamela would add another £20m. That is a lot of money for a team that is not fighting for the title, which AVB says is a few years away. Obviously the figure becomes negligible if Bale is sold.

Regarding Willian, if we have signed him (not confirmed yet) then it's not as though he is a new target for us as we have bid for him every window since 2011. Whether he was a target this window until know I can't say.

All players are free to sign for whoever wants them and we have been gazumped by City before over Robinho. Is it a bit distasteful? Yes, but it is the same in any business and that is all it is, business.

On a side note, I think we have saved you some money there. I'm not that impressed with Willian, especially for £30m. His price is even more ridiculous when Ozil is being offered for not too much more and is a much better player.

Maybe if Bale goes Levy should go for him?

OK but i don't really see the point you are trying to make. Our progress in the market so far has been very measured and i'm sure it will continue to be so. We've offload and will continue to do so and i'll bring you back to the all important net spend.

I think you point will be better said at the end of the window. Its pointless talking about who is bought until you see how its financially balanced.

The argument about throwing millions to nullify opposition will clearly drag on.

Despite their calamitous transfer dealings i have a big respect for Arsenal over recent years with regards the running of their club and a sympathy for their fans current frustrations.

I suppose my point is, that if you want to win the league you HAVE to spend big. Since Man U became top dog in the money stakes years ago, the only way to break that trend was to buy superstars. It's not pretty, but it is the reality unfortunately. Youth academies may bring the odd few through, but that is it.

Not trying to provoke, but where would Spurs be if they didnt have Real willing to spend a silly amount for Bale? In all honesty, anything over £50m is daft, but that is what it is. You would be still maybe looking at maybe having a net spend of anything from £30m to £50m, just to break into the CL spots. Next year when AVB might want to look at the title, another £50m will need to be spent and I doubt you will have a Bale to balance they books.

Arsenal show us all how to run a footballing business. But the knock on effect is the lack of trophies. Even if you take away City and Chelsea's spending, Arsenal haven't been close to United in the league in 8 or 9 years. So would it be better if United had won 8 leagues back to back?

With regard to Arsenal we can certainly understand their striker frustrations on here but they aren't as bad as ours the last few years.

Their biggest concerns should be defence, defensive midfield and most of all a new chairman.

Just my opinion of course.

With regard to Arsenal we can certainly understand their striker frustrations on here but they aren't as bad as ours the last few years.

Their biggest concerns should be defence, defensive midfield and most of all a new chairman.

totally agree with that smokes and a good post there Carms # 13538. thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

A new chairman? When we have Sir Chips?

I'm thinking a new MD!

Spurs are on the verge of getting £90 mil for a single player and their supporters moan about money dominating the EPL.

Whatever the fine details of the numbers, Spurs have spent considerably this window in order to give themselves a chance of CL football.

Arsenal and Man U have spent sweet f a. Not through the want of trying eh?

The Jews that run our club are notorious for hanging on to the money, you have to prise it from them with a crowbar.

I remember being stunned when we spent half a mill on Charlie Nicholas, but at least we got a trophy out of it.

Spurs are on the verge of getting £90 mil for a single player and their supporters moan about money dominating the EPL.

Whatever the fine details of the numbers, Spurs have spent considerably this window in order to give themselves a chance of CL football.

Would that be the pleasant fiction you would like to believe? Fine, do so.

That sale if it happens gives us a one off opportunity to mix it with you fake big clubs and i hope we take it.

For us, and for every other properly run club that isn't run by a foreign gangster or backwards thinking arab, that's bored and wants to use the league as a personal plaything.

Net of approx 35m, thats considerably is it ?

Net of approx 35m, thats considerably is it ?

If Chelsea hadn't done you a favour with Willian it would be 30 mil more.

Plus Lamela? Or have you given up on buying more players?

Would that be the pleasant fiction you would like to believe? Fine, do so.

That sale if it happens gives us a one off opportunity to mix it with you fake big clubs and i hope we take it.

For us, and for every other properly run club that isn't run by a foreign gangster or backwards thinking arab, that's bored and wants to use the league as a personal plaything.

You are a vey Bitter chap facepalm.gif

BT biggrin.png

Not according to this.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Gross spend £60m, sold £23m, net £37m.

Where do you get your figures from?

Read My post, i said since AVB came smile.png

Hmmmm, I dunno the exact date of AVB's arrival, but your net spend last year was just under £5m, so that makes £42m.

Clutching at straws......

or backwards thinking arab, that's bored and wants to use the league as a personal plaything.

Could you elaborate as to why he is backward thinking an why you think he is bored.

I thought that was obvious. It's because he sees his company as something to invest in, not bleed dry. C'mon MrB, keep up. :-)