Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Great to see Bale looking so sharp...and a goal for Jake Livermore as well. The young left winger looks half decent for the jam tarts on his first half. Looking forwrd to Bale and VDV rested in the second half I hope.

The ref's had a few nice touches as well...biggrin.gif

Putting the scorline aside, last night was very useful for us.

I was delighted to see that Redknapp realises that Kaboul is a better center back than Bassong. Great to see Walker in at right back. Great to see such positive performances from Kranjcar and Jake Livermore.

Apparently we can expect to field Modders and Hudd on monday night. I'd expect the same back four unless Ledley or Gallas are fit, with a midfield of Bale Modders, Hudd and Lennon with Van der Vaart slotting in behing Defoe. Bit worried about our abilility to win back ball at OT and i'm sure that either Sandro or Palacios would play i8f fit, but definately a game to win. Also some OT referee pay back is very long overdue for us.

I have no interest in our very poor recoed of results against Utd because it would'nt be the case were it not for <deleted> referring always seemingly going in their favour. Our time is well overdue.

Now i'm expecting asome stupid comments from MrRed and jimbo....:D

I was delighted to see that Redknapp realises that Kaboul is a better center back than Bassong. Great to see Walker in at right back. Great to see such positive performances from Kranjcar and Jake Livermore.

Apparently we can expect to field Modders and Hudd on monday night. I'd expect the same back four unless Ledley or Gallas are fit, with a midfield of Bale Modders, Hudd and Lennon with Van der Vaart slotting in behing Defoe. Bit worried about our abilility to win back ball at OT and i'm sure that either Sandro or Palacios would play i8f fit, but definately a game to win. Also some OT referee pay back is very long overdue for us.

I have no interest in our very poor recoed of results against Utd because it would'nt be the case were it not for <deleted> referring always seemingly going in their favour. Our time is well overdue.

No stupid comments from me Carmine - you post speaks for itself.:o

In the United thread you posted you have no midfield,seems a lot more experienced than we have been playing at the moment....even better i dare say!

Correct the past is history ......... you do seem to be going on about it though an awful lot :guitar::cheesy: :cheesy:

Is that a stupid comment?

In the United thread you posted you have no midfield,seems a lot more experienced than we have been playing at the moment....even better i dare say!

Talking rubbish again mr red or perhaps your getting the juniors mixed up with the 1st team :lol: :

Young 26

carrick 30

anderson 23

park 30

nani 24

cleaverley 22

Not exactly a midfield of seventeen year olds is it, though i will admit that spurs midfield is probaly better if not more experienced :D

Edited by alfieconn

All things considered a great result and a good start to the european campaign: And in my humble opinion I don't think that there will be a better time to be playing utd, ferdinand and vidic out and a goalkeeper who, shall we say is at the mo prone to concentration lapses, although I do rate jones ans Smalling, and think that eventually they will probaly be englands chosen pairing, at the mo they are relatively green, and if they play Evans and keep smalling at r/b !!!!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

Edited by rijit

All things considered a great result and a good start to the european campaign: And in my humble opinion I don't think that there will be a better time to be playing utd, ferdinand and vidic out and a goalkeeper who, shall we say is at the mo prone to concentration lapses, although I do rate jones ans Smalling, and think that eventually they will probaly be englands chosen pairing, at the mo they are relatively green, and if they play Evans and keep smalling at r/b !!!!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

O'm optimistic as ever..but its our first real test of the season and always tough against them....we're certainly capable of winning and let's hope we get a decision or two in our favour for a change.

Like to see us let VDV play further forward as he did in midweek....he's our best chance of goals at the moment.

Talking rubbish again mr red or perhaps your getting the juniors mixed up with the 1st team :lol: :

Young 26

carrick 30

anderson 23

park 30

nani 24

cleaverley 22

Not exactly a midfield of seventeen year olds is it, though i will admit that spurs midfield is probaly better if not more experienced :D

Carrick and Park have not played this season ;) get your facts correct.

O'm optimistic as ever..but its our first real test of the season and always tough against them....we're certainly capable of winning and let's hope we get a decision or two in our favour for a change.

Like to see us let VDV play further forward as he did in midweek....he's our best chance of goals at the moment.

:lol: :lol: Only chance!

Correct the past is history ......... you do seem to be going on about it though an awful lot :guitar::cheesy: :cheesy:

Is that a stupid comment?

yes mate, you're talking <deleted> as per usual. :)

Now, more importantly back to mondays game.

We'll have to wait and see if we have any new faces in the side. We could really do with Lass Diarra for this one. i would welcome the idea of pulling gareth back to left back and beefing up the midfield. We could run them ragged down the flanks with Bale, Lennon and Walker.

This is very winable but we have to take our chances which is something we failed to do all last season. Defoe will probably f_uck everything up everything he touches as per usual but i reckon VDV will relish this one. A Utd defense at full strength could shut us out but i don't think this one will so we have a chance. One things for sure we are going to be taking shots at De Gea at every oppotunity, Hudd in particular.

Redknapp might even start with 3MP to put extra pressure on him for the corners and crosses.

Good oppotunity for us.

Open to any further RAG comments! :rolleyes:

Hope springs eternal :rolleyes:

So after a stunning 5-0 win in jockland,you now have a midfield all of a sudden and you think that Uniteds inexperience at the back is going to give your super strikers the boost they so need,that is if you had any strikers....how many years is it? :D

So after a stunning 5-0 win in jockland,you now have a midfield all of a sudden and you think that Uniteds inexperience at the back is going to give your super strikers the boost they so need,that is if you had any strikers....how many years is it? :D

Since you last stole points from us? Happens nearly every year pal. Look forward to the latest sequel to Men in Black.

Since you last stole points from us? Happens nearly every year pal. Look forward to the latest sequel to Men in Black.

:lol: Naaannnniiiiiii! Penalty!!! Offside! :bah: Over the line!! Send him off!!! have i missed anything? :D

Always entertaining against our likkle puppy club Spurs,always a great game for United :lol: :lol:

I make you wrong about Defoe, yeah last season was a poor one for him. but the guy's a proven international footballer and that's the1st poor one in ?? injury and cannelloni induced tiredness didn't help him. he's had a decent rest, apparently worked hard on his fitness and had an injury free pre season, so for me he looks bang on for a big one, Defoe prem top scorer at xmas? hardly out of the realms of possibility. Another plus for us this season could well be Kranks,most Croats reckoned kranks as the player of his generation, and last year his pride for sure would have taken a knock, our ari quite rightly holds him in high esteem and aris been round the block enough times to recognise when a player's got a point to prove and we could well benefit . On a slightly negative note, watching the game the other night the one player that worried me was Walker, he ain't that clever//solid at defending, several time's he fuc_ked up, and his pace got him out of trouble, that works ok against the likes of Hearts, no disrespect meant , but against utd and Young in particular those errors will be exploited lets hope he can keep the errors to a minimum.. But in the longer term, he's young and if Johnsons defensive game can be improved so can his. Utd games are, for me, are one of the highlights of the domestic season, traditionally both teams are attack minded and do it with flair and pace, thankfully I can't see any change on that front and I'm really looking forward to this one. COOOOOOooooooooooome on u spurssssssss.

Carrick and Park have not played this season ;) get your facts correct.

I'm sure i saw Carrick playing in the charity shield but perhaps my eyes were deceiving me :o but if you want compare the midfields for our last games here we go :

nani lennon

cleaverley livermore

anderson kranjar

young bale

yeah ya right ours was a lot more experinenced :D

Footnote : i actually got it wrong about Carrick, althought he was on the pitch he wasn't actually playing :D

Edited by alfieconn

Interestingly, you are the only one thats commented on the 5-0 win. we are'nt that interested but appreciate the run out it gives the youngsters and second string players.

Yes we have a great midfiedl that will be even better with Diarra. i don't understand you point? secondly, an inexperienced defensive is always more likely to offer oppotunities isn't it? i don't really understand what you are barking on about with this one either. :D we've constently conceded that our strikers can't see the goal....what are you barking on about now?

And you know that the only reason you've held the record that you have over us is because of atrocious, biased and downright incompetant (an OT pseudonym for biased) refereeing. i did'nt want to comment on this again but you did feel the need to bring it up so obvously need to be corrected again.

On a side note, it does'nt help that Sir has a pycophantic brown nose like scrotum face to bend over and take it everytime we go to Old Trafford. It just gets worse everytime your uncouthed manger tells us what a good England manger the crook would make.

Interestingly, you are the only one thats commented on the 5-0 win. we are'nt that interested but appreciate the run out it gives the youngsters and second string players.

Yes we have a great midfiedl that will be even better with Diarra. i don't understand you point? secondly, an inexperienced defensive is always more likely to offer oppotunities isn't it? i don't really understand what you are barking on about with this one either. :D we've constently conceded that our strikers can't see the goal....what are you barking on about now?

And you know that the only reason you've held the record that you have over us is because of atrocious, biased and downright incompetant (an OT pseudonym for biased) refereeing. i did'nt want to comment on this again but you did feel the need to bring it up so obvously need to be corrected again.

On a side note, it does'nt help that Sir has a pycophantic brown nose like scrotum face to bend over and take it everytime we go to Old Trafford. It just gets worse everytime your uncouthed manger tells us what a good England manger the crook would make.

:cheesy: sorry i will be clear.......any excuse for your lot. 26 years since Gary got the winner,we will soon get a ticker going like Cidy i think,if you keep going on about biased and incompetant decisions......what do you expect?

Correct Carrick was there,just there.

It evens out over the season doesn't it! :header: PYCOPANTIC?? UNCOUTHED? funny that mate :thumbsup:

Always for me too one of the best games of the season,i do prefer playing at WHL tho! much more fun.

:cheesy: sorry i will be clear.......any excuse for your lot. 26 years since Gary got the winner,we will soon get a ticker going like Cidy i think,if you keep going on about biased and incompetant decisions......what do you expect?

Correct Carrick was there,just there.

It evens out over the season doesn't it! :header: PYCOPANTIC?? UNCOUTHED? funny that mate :thumbsup:

Always for me too one of the best games of the season,i do prefer playing at WHL tho! much more fun.

No it does'nt even out overa season in Utd's case, although full credit to Sir for creating this phenomenon of refereeing bias. And don't forget, you always get yer Fergietime too when you're losing don't you......:lol:

Edited by carmine

No it does'nt even out overa season in Utd's case, although full credit to Sir for creating this phenomenon of refereeing bias. And don't forget, you always get yer Fergietime too when you're losing don't you......:lol:

Just as a useless fact, it is possible that the bias of referees is more part of your imagination than reality.

There is a referee called Howard Webb that Liverpool fans believe is heavily bias against Liverpool when playing Man United. So I went back and looked at his refereeing decisions in the matches he refereed between the two clubs over the last 6 years. What you find is there is no significant bias against Liverpool in decisions made (you cannot analyse decisions that he should have made but didnt.) If you then look at all matches he refereed against Liverpool, there is a slight bias towards Liverpool not doing so well but that is almost certainly due to the fact that he refereed matches where Liverpool had better than average opposition.

Obviously the whole excersize was a complete waste of time. But there is a point which is that many Liverpool fans are completely and utterly convinced that Howard Webb is bias against Liverpool and there is absolutely no evidence that is really the case. So it is possible your 'bias' may be just that.

Just as a useless fact, it is possible that the bias of referees is more part of your imagination than reality.

There is a referee called Howard Webb that Liverpool fans believe is heavily bias against Liverpool when playing Man United. So I went back and looked at his refereeing decisions in the matches he refereed between the two clubs over the last 6 years. What you find is there is no significant bias against Liverpool in decisions made (you cannot analyse decisions that he should have made but didnt.) If you then look at all matches he refereed against Liverpool, there is a slight bias towards Liverpool not doing so well but that is almost certainly due to the fact that he refereed matches where Liverpool had better than average opposition.

Obviously the whole excersize was a complete waste of time. But there is a point which is that many Liverpool fans are completely and utterly convinced that Howard Webb is bias against Liverpool and there is absolutely no evidence that is really the case. So it is possible your 'bias' may be just that.

No its not.

Yes it could be jap.gif

Nice try Red but we both know utd get all the calls against us don't we. ;)

Remember that incredulous penalty decision you were given against us for the so called foul on Carrick! Mindyou, i hear even Webb reckons that could just about be his worst, but it sure got you lot right back into the game. It also gave the complete tool of a commentator the oppotunity to spout out the usual drivel of "you can never count out man utd."

I don't know much about the decisions against Liverpool as i'm not really interested.

Yes it could be jap.gif

Remember that incredulous penalty decision you were given against us for the so called foul on Carrick! Mindyou, i hear even Webb reckons that could just about be his worst, but it sure got you lot right back into the game. It also gave the complete tool of a commentator the oppotunity to spout out the usual drivel of "you can never count out man utd."

I don't know much about the decisions against Liverpool as i'm not really interested.

Yes it could be jap.gif

The classic was obviously Mendes one, 14 foot over the line, got to be the worlds worst footballing decision :o

Srange that Mr red hasn't come back with any dubious decisions that have been given in our favour ;) that rules out abraks mythology.

The classic was obviously Mendes one, 14 foot over the line, got to be the worlds worst footballing decision :o

Srange that Mr red hasn't come back with any dubious decisions that have been given in our favour ;) that rules out abraks mythology.

1) First of all I didnt say Carmine was wrong to indicate bias against Spurs merely that supporters often believe in bias when it is not supported by the data. (I will happily admit that if I was a referee and I did have a bias against a club I would also know how to make the data imply otherwise.)

2) If you happen to think that two decisions going against you that were clearly wrong is proof of 'bias' when it clearly falls within the boundaries of misjudgement, you are the one who is being bias. If you have had more than your fair share of bad luck with decisions at least you know that historic luck is no indication of future luck.

And you have proved my point. Which is that you have chosen exactly one data point to prove 'bias' and that my argument that the 'bias' might be a myth is untrue. If you properly test the data over 40 matches (with Howard Webb) you find that evidence suggests that 'bias' is a myth and you are simply being 'bias' with your data.

1) First of all I didnt say Carmine was wrong to indicate bias against Spurs merely that supporters often believe in bias when it is not supported by the data. (I will happily admit that if I was a referee and I did have a bias against a club I would also know how to make the data imply otherwise.)

2) If you happen to think that two decisions going against you that were clearly wrong is proof of 'bias' when it clearly falls within the boundaries of misjudgement, you are the one who is being bias. If you have had more than your fair share of bad luck with decisions at least you know that historic luck is no indication of future luck.

And you have proved my point. Which is that you have chosen exactly one data point to prove 'bias' and that my argument that the 'bias' might be a myth is untrue. If you properly test the data over 40 matches (with Howard Webb) you find that evidence suggests that 'bias' is a myth and you are simply being 'bias' with your data.

Where has anyone said that its only Howard Webb who gives decisions against us ? I believe Clattenburg is an even bigger culprit :o

Where has anyone said that its only Howard Webb who gives decisions against us ? I believe Clattenburg is an even bigger culprit :o

Dont worry Alfie we are clearly having 2 separate conversations several stratospheres apart. Where has anyone said that Howard Webb gives bias decisions against you?