Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Outsiders are welcome on the Tottenham thread are nonetheless (MrRed and Jimbo regularily appear on here to make fools of themselves :D ) and we do not expect or insist on the footballing knowledge and joie de vivre we are so accostomed to with Spurs followers. Welcome uptheos

Thank you Carmine. you are all heart and as I have no footballing knowledge and no home to go to, this just seemed to be the perfect thread for me. wink.gif

Lol carmine, for a minute there I thought it was smokes making the borderline humourous jibe @ red and myself. You have been working hard this off season I see.

Gonna do us a favour and put one over on city on sunday or have you mailed in your 3 points already?

Lol carmine, for a minute there I thought it was smokes making the borderline humourous jibe @ red and myself. You have been working hard this off season I see.

Gonna do us a favour and put one over on city on sunday or have you mailed in your 3 points already?

Its win at all costs...biggrin.gif

Sorry Smokes 'win at all costs' has been taken. It's a new sign in the home dressing room at Merc City United Stadium of Manchester.

Well as you guys say all to play for in the race for 4th.

I have to say though that I think you guys got an incredibly 'lucky break' with Abebayor. It seems to me that lining up a decent striker is an important morale booster for the club as it is whether he proves brilliant on the pitch. And I thought that you guys not having a decent striker was going to cost you big time one way or another.

I notice that the odds of qualifying for CL run like this....

Spurs 3/1

Arsenal 11/8

Liverpool 4/5

I am slightly surprised that Liverpool are favorites ahead of Arsenal. It seems difficult to imagine that Wenger is really going to allow a 14 year unbroken CL qualification record slide away in a bout of petulance.

My only question is "Why are Liverpool favourites? Come on abrak, you're not slightly surprised, you're gobsmacked like i am!

Lets take a look at those odds at christmas. ;):D

Morning james. :coffee1:

So as the news that a huuuuge Chelsea bid for Modric is on its way is it coinincidence that Harry Redknaps making a final bid for Scott Parker?

Obviously he wants to take care of his future with the England job and has made quite a few unwanted comments to the media giving Chelsea the encouragement they need.

I wonder if Daniel Levy listens to a word Scrotum face says anymore. I doubt it since the word is Levy prefers as little dialogue with him as possible.

The one thing that i would say is that Parker would represent a fairly steady ship until the day comes when we can get a new coach and allow the guy some decent funding to rebuild.

Not sure when the court case is now due to start but when does Don Fabio's contract expire? Harry and the FA should get along like a house on fire.

I still refuse to accept that scrotum face is going to be allowed to bring Joe Cole to White Hart Lane. This is the most shocking rumour of all. :)

Anyway, F-uck Redknapp. The lads will have to dig very deep this weekend and fingers crossed.

COYS

So as the news that a huuuuge Chelsea bid for Modric is on its way is it coinincidence that Harry Redknaps making a final bid for Scott Parker?

Obviously he wants to take care of his future with the England job and has made quite a few unwanted comments to the media giving Chelsea the encouragement they need.

I wonder if Daniel Levy listens to a word Scrotum face says anymore. I doubt it since the word is Levy prefers as little dialogue with him as possible.

The one thing that i would say is that Parker would represent a fairly steady ship until the day comes when we can get a new coach and allow the guy some decent funding to rebuild.

Not sure when the court case is now due to start but when does Don Fabio's contract expire? Harry and the FA should get along like a house on fire.

I still refuse to accept that scrotum face is going to be allowed to bring Joe Cole to White Hart Lane. This is the most shocking rumour of all. :)

Anyway, F-uck Redknapp. The lads will have to dig very deep this weekend and fingers crossed.

COYS

Joe Cole is part of the network in it!

Sons mate and all that defo be signed by your lot along with Parker......lol where's Imola laugh.gif

COYS

Parker would be a good signing regardless of the nonsense drivel spouting from f west London's mafia gangs.....Levy won't entertain a bid for Cole.

Huddlestone and Modric as our midfield pairing tomorrow.....Kaboul will have to be at his best....although how we'll score a goal is anyone's guess...as usual.

On a brighter not it seems Levy might go to £16m for Damaio.....let's hope there is truth in that rumour at least.

Sorry Smokes 'win at all costs' has been taken. It's a new sign in the home dressing room at Merc City United Stadium of Manchester.

That's what I said....but not in so many words...rolleyes.gif

My only question is "Why are Liverpool favourites? Come on abrak, you're not slightly surprised, you're gobsmacked like i am!

It is hardly that big a surprise.

We have been 'getting on with it' over the transfer window and have brought in 6 players (all 6 of which might not be the Premiership's greatest but they are all a fuc_k of a lot better than the rubbish we signed last year.)

You guys have done little more than have a pantomine arguing match over Modric 'oh no he's not for sale' 'oh yes he is'. And while you can blame this on 'other people', it is actually Redknapp you read in the morning papers going 'well of course if he really wants to leave, we probably have to sell him and if the price is right we can bring in some new guys. But it really is up to the Chairman and he says he isnt going to move. So that is probably it actually. Or no maybe it isnt. We will just have to see at the end of the window.' So your manager is actually having a pantomine argument with himself. And so I cant help feeling that Levy is hardly going to get his cheque book out to support him.

Meanwhile Arsenal are going backwards and Wenger is apparently having a mid life crisis. And we did beat them 2-0 at home which I know Spurs fans were not particularly impressed by but as I dont believe that you have actually beaten a single team in the Premiership by more than 2 goals since December 2009, you are not that well positioned to criticize.

Meanwhile Arsenal are going backwards and Wenger is apparently having a mid life crisis. And we did beat them 2-0 at home which I know Spurs fans were not particularly impressed by but as I dont believe that you have actually beaten a single team in the Premiership by more than 2 goals since December 2009, you are not that well positioned to criticize.

While i can't see what our goalscoring record has got to do with us being able to criticize your performance ;) but doesn't beating you 2-0 at anfield in may 2011 qualify :o

Edited by alfieconn

Are you sure jimbob.

Here is the top 10 highest transfers, and we are nowhere to be seen in there. Real Madrid are constant in the list but they don't seem to get any stick from anyone. Never mind, I can feel your nervousness at us becoming a real threat to you, so you just keep on harping on about the injustice of us having some money at last.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo: Manchester United to Real Madrid – £80m (2009)

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Inter Milan to Barcelona – £60.7m (2009)

3. Kaka: AC Milan to Real Madrid – £56m (2009)

4. Fernando Torres: Liverpool to Chelsea – £50m (2011) NEW!

5. Zinedine Zidane: Juventus to Real Madrid – £45.62m (2001)

6. Luis Figo: Barcelona to Real Madrid – £37m (2000)

7. Hernan Crespo: Parma to Lazio – £35.5m (2000)

8. Andy Carroll: Newcastle United to Liverpool – £35m (2011) NEW!

9. David Villa: Valencia to Barcelona – £34.2m (2010)

10. Gianluigi Buffon: Parma to Juventus – £32.6m (2001)

BTW. I hope Adebayor turns out well for you guys. He is a class player and I don't know what happened between him and Mancini but he deserves better than sitting on a bench.

One positive for 'Arry is his man management skills so Adebayor should fit in OK at the Lane. Its not as if he has much competition in the goalscoring stakes....well not from the strikers although I have a feeling VDV may run him close this season. wink.gif

Sorry for whining on your thread smokes-believe it or not, I am hoping your spurs live up to your self appointed world beater status tonight ;).

Its the one weekend when we set our differences aside for the common good. biggrin.gif

Please post your result later as if we win I'll not remember much after that....cheers!