Tottenham Thread

chonabot

OK if we're discussing August's behaviour then yeah he's a pathetic <deleted> who should have had his head shoved down the toilet the moment he returned to the dressing room.

After his knuckling down and getting on with some football I'm just inclined to think he's going to go on and on this way until he ends up on the bench at Madrid.

For no less than £50m cheers.

Off him at the end of the season either way. Hopefully we'll be in the CL and we'll be a fairly attractive option for a decent midfielder who wants to play for us and knows where the net is.

Anyone but them.

Who's them? Chelsea? Couldn't care less really. They're well suited.

If it has to be then we'll take Sturridge as part payment.

Modric told the club he had problem and didnt think he could do him or the club self justice, IMO no different than a player reporting an injury, he did the right thing, what would you prefer him go out and fuc up? which if he

wasn't able to concentrate perhaps he would have done. these type of situ's are stressful , perhaps the lad couldnt sleep,who knows how it effected him, what modric did effectively was no diferent than saying look boss ive got an injury, youre just diferating just cos the issue was in his head, is stress/ mental anguish something footballers arent meant to suffer from?, nah IMO he handled a difficult situ as well as he could,as thankfully, did the club. as completely opposed, to teves and man city

Edited by rijit

Any way, ide let modric go for 35 mil and why not give kranks a go for a season,thats if we can keep hold of him, i'de bet he'd score as many as van the man and more than parker mods and sandro put together.

Edited by rijit

I remember you talking about this. I really don't think Walker needs to be compaired to Bale. Bale is not completely human as we cknow and a wonderful athlete.

If you want to compair him to someone, how about Glen Johnson. Walkers much younger and faster and is very skilful for a right back. Thats all you need to know and he would be very good right mid cover for Lennon.

Is it my imagination or is Lennon very injury prone. unsure.png

Well if we ain't going to replace Lennon with a like for like player then we have to change the formation,either one of

4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 with the width coming from the full backs !!!!!!!!

Harry has confirmed that we changed tactics against Norwich and played a xmas tree formation, i always knew that H reads my post's on TV 3.gif

"Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp jokes with journalists that Swansea boss Brendan Rogers will "know all about us" as he reveals the tactics behind his side's recent good form".

Edited by alfieconn

I remember you talking about this. I really don't think Walker needs to be compaired to Bale. Bale is not completely human as we cknow and a wonderful athlete.

If you want to compair him to someone, how about Glen Johnson. Walkers much younger and faster and is very skilful for a right back. Thats all you need to know and he would be very good right mid cover for Lennon.

Is it my imagination or is Lennon very injury prone. unsure.png

Well if we ain't going to replace Lennon with a like for like player then we have to change the formation,either one of

4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 with the width coming from the full backs !!!!!!!!

Harry has confirmed that we changed tactics against Norwich and played a xmas tree formation, i always knew that H reads my post's on TV 3.gif

"Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp jokes with journalists that Swansea boss Brendan Rogers will "know all about us" as he reveals the tactics behind his side's recent good form".

You are tactically more astute than Harry Alf.

Modric told the club he had problem and didnt think he could do him or the club self justice, IMO no different than a player reporting an injury, he did the right thing, what would you prefer him go out and fuc up? which if he

wasn't able to concentrate perhaps he would have done. these type of situ's are stressful , perhaps the lad couldnt sleep,who knows how it effected him, what modric did effectively was no diferent than saying look boss ive got an injury, youre just diferating just cos the issue was in his head, is stress/ mental anguish something footballers arent meant to suffer from?, nah IMO he handled a difficult situ as well as he could,as thankfully, did the club. as completely opposed, to teves and man city

You're not his mum are you? That has to be the most ridiculously dilusional assessment of the little c*nts actions that i've ever read.

Any way, ide let modric go for 35 mil and why not give kranks a go for a season,thats if we can keep hold of him, i'de bet he'd score as many as van the man and more than parker mods and sandro put together.

Why would you let him go for 35m when Chelsea have already offered 40m. biggrin.png

I like Krancjar too, he's technically very good but he has the same problem as Adam at Liverpool. Neither has any pace and will never command a midfield.

You're not his mum are you? That has to be the most ridiculously dilusional assessment of the little c*nts actions that i've ever read.

To be fair Rij, i couldn't imagine Dave Mackay, Graham Roberts,Stevie P or any other players of their ilk refusing to play because their head wasn't right, i actually think that there is to much of this head not right, i'm depressed <deleted> that seems to affect people in the world in general.

carmine alfie things change and attitudes should change with them. spurs and our ari boys did and a big up to them a positive resolution has been reached. Whereas!!???

Yeah alfie, a guy i used to go to spurs with a guy that grew up in rented spurs house , he said it overlooked onto the ground and told some great tales one being about Dave mackay being abso legless at a pub? the night b4 a match,next am he saw mackay running up and down the g/s steps he said for ages ? until presumably he'd sweated it

all out and then turning in a man of the match display , imagine what would happen now, he'd be sacked and sent to rehab for ?? months, as I said times change.

Edited by rijit

That was the worst I've seen us play in a long time. Lucky to nick a point.

Don't worry chaps, we ain't going to play great every game and we ain't going to win every away game.

Still took more points over our last 2 away games than most of our rivals.

Mind you i do worry a bit about us running out of steam.

Anyway Happy New Year to all Yids where ever you may be 36.gif

That was the worst I've seen us play in a long time. Lucky to nick a point.

Don't worry chaps, we ain't going to play great every game and we ain't going to win every away game.

Still took more points over our last 2 away games than most of our rivals.

Mind you i do worry a bit about us running out of steam.

Anyway Happy New Year to all Yids where ever you may be 36.gif

Four out of six as you said as usual. Happy New Year everyone! partytime2.gif

I saw Swansea play notts forest in the play offs last season and I thought that it was one of the best games i saw all season, Swansea edged it, but both teams IMO, would have graced the prem. Yesterday I thought Swansea were excellent, they held the ball, closed us down, passed well, had strength in the right places and had pace to boot, and tbh, imo, deserved the point more than we did. Didn't think that we played badly, although cum the 2 nd half i thought several of our players looked as tho they had taken a battering and looked jaded, if Rodgers could change 6 players and his team put in a performance like that, why couldn't our ari?? after all he's reputably got one if not the strongest squads in the prem!!! Is this the sort of time not having a reserve team cum's and bites us on the arse? But there u go Sign of the times eh, moaning bout taking a point, away from home at a v v difficult place.

Edited by rijit

I saw Swansea play notts forest in the play offs last season and I thought that it was one of the best games i saw all season, Swansea edged it, but both teams IMO, would have graced the prem. Yesterday I thought Swansea were excellent, they held the ball, closed us down, passed well, had strength in the right places and had pace to boot, and tbh, imo, deserved the point more than we did. Didn't think that we played badly, although cum the 2 nd half i thought several of our players looked as tho they had taken a battering and looked jaded, if Rodgers could change 6 players and his team put in a performance like that, why couldn't our ari?? after all he's reputably got one if not the strongest squads in the prem!!! Is this the sort of time not having a reserve team cum's and bites us on the arse? But there u go Sign of the times eh, moaning bout taking a point, away from home at a v v difficult place.

Whats not having a reserve team got to do with it 40.gif , you can only have a squad of 25, reserve team or no reserve team.

Swanseas circumstances are slightly different to ours as they have 2 away games coming up,one being on Monday and Spurs will no doubt be resting there entire 11 next saturday and perhaps a few on Tuesday.

Whats not having a reserve team got to do with it 40.gif ,.

we really need to be able to rotate and the fringe guys are getting NO competitive football corluka, pav krans and rose have looked woeful short when they've come on, I'm not convinced that reserve team footie is the total answer, but it's tried and tested route, it only takes a second to score a goal and the prem is unforgiving, as was this seasons euro campaign, corluka and rose took 10, 15 20 mins? to get up to speed and bang we were as good as out of the comp, as I said I'm not sure reserve footie is the total answer , but I'm sure it would go some way to getting the fringe players match sharp which 2 me they dont look at the mo.

we really need to be able to rotate and the fringe guys are getting NO competitive football corluka, pav krans and rose have looked woeful short when they've come on, I'm not convinced that reserve team footie is the total answer, but it's tried and tested route, it only takes a second to score a goal and the prem is unforgiving, as was this seasons euro campaign, corluka and rose took 10, 15 20 mins? to get up to speed and bang we were as good as out of the comp, as I said I'm not sure reserve footie is the total answer , but I'm sure it would go some way to getting the fringe players match sharp which 2 me they dont look at the mo.

Thats exactly the reason we pulled out of the reserve league, see quote from Harry

"Now we are out of Europe, I will be looking to loan some of these lads out in the New Year, so they can get the competitive football they just can't get playing in the reserves".

Corluka and Rose took 10,15,20 mins to get up to speed and bang we're out 40.gif, we're out because we played a weakened team in every game you muppet 102.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Thats exactly the reason we pulled out of the reserve league, see quote from Harry

"Now we are out of Europe, I will be looking to loan some of these lads out in the New Year, so they can get the competitive football they just can't get playing in the reserves".

Corluka and Rose took 10,15,20 mins to get up to speed and bang we're out 40.gif, we're out because we played a weakened team in every game you muppet 102.gif

You really really ar'nt that bright are you alfie. ah well, that's life.

Fighting among yourselves?

Not a good sign. licklips.gif

We have plenty of lively debate on here MrRed...and then Alfredo knocks 'em out. biggrin.png

We simply had a bad game...that's all folks!

Yes smokes, i luv it when people are experts after the game and say what we should have done, obviouly no mention of this before the game 23.gif

That old hindsight is a wonderful thing 3.gif

"You really really ar'nt that bright are you alfie. ah well, that's life."

Do you have anything to back up that last comment Rij

It's all in the whatage Alfie,you must of hit the dimmer switch.

And as the transfer window gets into full swing what is Harry up to. From the Guardian transfer rumors.

Harry Redknapp is considering an £8m move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba, according to the Mirror, who produce no concrete evidence that Harry Redknapp is considering an £8m move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba and may just be presuming that Harry Redknapp is considering an £8m move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba because the mere notion of living in a world where Harry Redknapp is not considering a move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba is too preposterously implausible and frightening for any vaguely civilised human being to even consider.

And as the transfer window gets into full swing what is Harry up to. From the Guardian transfer rumors.

Harry Redknapp is considering an £8m move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba, according to the Mirror, who produce no concrete evidence that Harry Redknapp is considering an £8m move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba and may just be presuming that Harry Redknapp is considering an £8m move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba because the mere notion of living in a world where Harry Redknapp is not considering a move for the Blackburn Rovers centre-half Christopher Samba is too preposterously implausible and frightening for any vaguely civilised human being to even consider.

Redknapp don't sign the players. That's Daniel's job.