Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Think that parker will make a difference when he returns, his expirenced cool head and relentless high energy play is something that we've missed ,

And who are you going to drop rij ?

Interesting point isn't it!

would you, for away games for example use Parker and Sandro whilst pushing Dembele further up the pitch. Or perhaps drop Sandro in favour of Hudds superior passing game to allow better attacking options? this flexibility is offered in the 4-2-3-1 but will probably only work with Adebayor up top.

The ever present in all this has to be Dembele for me. If he is playing well then i like the pairing with Sandro. I also don't think that Parker has much more than this season to keep playing at his intensity. If we are to see the best out of Parker this season AVB is going to have to rotate and he certainly has the midfield to do just that. Don't see Livermore as much more than a fill for any one of the others mentioned but an excellent player to have on the bench

People were saying that in the first few games we were too defensive with Sandro and Livermore, while i appreciate that Parker is better than Livermore it still means that we are playing 2 defensive players neither of who are anywhere close to Modric in distributing the ball ! At least Hudd offers something different IE he can actually pass the ball more 10 yards.

I'd sooner play the physio at left back, rather than waste such a talent as Bale there (yeah yeah I know he started as a left back).

OK carry on chaps.

Is the physio any good then ups ?

Good or not, against a team like QPR I'd give him a go, rather than sacrifice Bale to LB.

I think AVB is running a bit scared.

When are the navy blue shorts arriving? wink.png

I'd sooner play the physio at left back, rather than waste such a talent as Bale there (yeah yeah I know he started as a left back).

OK carry on chaps.

Good or not, against a team like QPR I'd give him a go, rather than sacrifice Bale to LB.

wink.png

No more running scared than 'our ari' was, he always reckoned that bale would eventually drop bac into the full

backs role.

OK carry on chaps.

wink.png

No more running scared than 'our ari' was, he always reckoned that bale would eventually drop bac into the full

backs role.

I bet he wouldn't play full back at Inter Milan.biggrin.png

Think that parker will make a difference when he returns, his expirenced cool head and relentless high energy play is something that we've missed ,

And who are you going to drop rij ?

Interesting point isn't it!

would you, for away games for example use Parker and Sandro whilst pushing Dembele further up the pitch. Or perhaps drop Sandro in favour of Hudds superior passing game to allow better attacking options? this flexibility is offered in the 4-2-3-1 but will probably only work with Adebayor up top.

The ever present in all this has to be Dembele for me. If he is playing well then i like the pairing with Sandro. I also don't think that Parker has much more than this season to keep playing at his intensity. If we are to see the best out of Parker this season AVB is going to have to rotate and he certainly has the midfield to do just that. Don't see Livermore as much more than a fill for any one of the others mentioned but an excellent player to have on the bench

People were saying that in the first few games we were too defensive with Sandro and Livermore, while i appreciate that Parker is better than Livermore it still means that we are playing 2 defensive players neither of who are anywhere close to Modric in distributing the ball ! At least Hudd offers something different IE he can actually pass the ball more 10 yards.

Yeah alfie there's definatly very good options there, with a fit squad there's no reason for us to struggle in any one particular

formation, we've got enough quality in depth to be effective in any numbers of formations.

Edited by rijit

Chris Foy is due to ref the match at OT with Clattenburg as 4th official

Nightmare. They are both way out of their depth reffing at this level and thats without having the biggest bully in premier league management staring down on them.

Foy's fficiating of our game at Stoke last season was the worst officiating of a Spurs game i've seen in years. he's a truely dreadful referee.

Clattenburg is the pussy that allowed Rio "i'm owed my place in the England side" Ferdinand to stand in on his consultation with the linesmen, join in the conversation, and then awarded against Spurs and all contrary to what was stated in the rulebook!

Pair of jokers. No way you'd have such poor officials in ice hockey, james.

Foy is the clown who sent off Kompany against United last year, and if I remember rightly did something equally ridiculous when officiating a Spurs game, just cant remember who it was against

Apparently Adebayor is expected to be available at OT. this creates an interesting dilema because you'd be loathed to drop defoe at the moment.

I also think that he should retain last weekends second half back four of walker caulker gallas and Vertoghen. it really did look good against Rangers and Kaboul won't be back until january. from what i've seen Vertoghen is also a better left back than BAE, plus it gives Caulker the game time.

So, presumably if he wants to accomodate Adebayor and Defoe we will field a 4-4-2 with the midfield being lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Bale.

That also might surprise Ferguson.

Utd are weak at center back through big injuries to the likes of Vidic and two upfront would put more pressure on them. If we do score first he also has the option to revert to a Chelsea 9-1 formation!!!

^ tongue.png

Is it time for me to direct you to look at your record against us in the Premier League Carms? cheesy.gif of course over that many years it was them referees and those damned bad decisions wasn't it!!! clap2.gif

For the most part yes it was but carry on why don't you.

i think one of the problems for us is that big red nose on the touchline. if you blink it could be mistaken for another red shited Utd player giving you a 4-4-3 formation!

That never happened Alfie. Or at least according to the short memory of United fans. You'd think they would be ashamed at winning games by cheating but they seem to be quite chuffed about it. Wouldn't like to play Golf with a single one of them. They'd all be coming in at 12 under, honest matey.

That never happened Alfie. Or at least according to the short memory of United fans. You'd think they would be ashamed at winning games by cheating but they seem to be quite chuffed about it. Wouldn't like to play Golf with a single one of them. They'd all be coming in at 12 under, honest matey.

cheesy.gif To win by a penalty or an own goal is all the sweeter chuck a sending off in and Fergie time and all United fans are very happy....it just fuels the fire for the bonfire........Bertie Magoo biggrin.png Still we await 20 years of bad decisions going against Spurs....they need something to cling on to cheesy.gif

but why on earth wasn't Lloris in goal? Can't fathom this one!

He must be getting a bit hacked off by now. Not what he imagined when he signed eh.

yes, its one think to say he is being given time to make a transition and Brads playing too well to drop but its another thng altogether to play Cudicini over him in the cup game.

Add to that the one game he played he was very good, commanded the box well and showed excellent distribution.

very strange situation

Apparently when Lloris signed he was told that he would be the 1st choice keeper, this is according to TWO french journalists both reckon they spoke to people directly involved in the transfer, Now BOTH journalists reckon it's a matter of time b4 Lloris moves on the issue. How and what exactly he will do they didn't say..

<yawn>

Particularly insightful comment smokey, and let's hope that's it's the right reaction and nothing happens.

In Llorris's defence they said he was a really really intelligent guy and was v v good at dealing with difficult situations

Bottom line as carmine say's how can you justify dropping freda?, when, arguably he's been our stand out player so far this season, and as forfreda fuc_king up, tbh ive been waiting for him to f/up since he joined it just hasnt happened,if anything it could be argued he's got better.

<yawn>

Particularly insightful comment smokey, and let's hope that's it's the right reaction and nothing happens.

In Llorris's defence they said he was a really really intelligent guy and was v v good at dealing with difficult situations

Bottom line as carmine say's how can you justify dropping freda?, when, arguably he's been our stand out player so far this season, and as forfreda fuc_king up, tbh ive been waiting for him to f/up since he joined it just hasnt happened,if anything it could be argued he's got better.

AVB is just giving Cudicini a game...having not played him yet.

That's all I'm seeing. No drama at all. We have three good keepers...well two excellent ones in fact.

Yeah , from spurs point of view i make you right, but perhaps Llorris will take exception when he will lose's his countries captaincy and his international place.Cos deschamps is on record as saying if your not playing club football how can you be expected to be selected for your country.

Yeah , from spurs point of view i make you right, but perhaps Llorris will take exception when he will lose's his countries captaincy and his international place.Cos deschamps is on record as saying if your not playing club football how can you be expected to be selected for your country.

We'll have to wait and see....I don't mind this kind of selection problem though....I wish we had it in every position!

<yawn>

I hope you are right about him being an intelligent guy and hopefully he'll understand the dilema Friedal is causing but i still don't understand why he didn't play in the cup and i doubt he does either.

On a bright note jenas is off on loan to Forest!

<yawn>

I hope you are right about him being an intelligent guy and hopefully he'll understand the dilema Friedal is causing but i still don't understand why he didn't play in the cup and i doubt he does either.

On a bright note jenas is off on loan to Forest!

wont do it !

Edited by alfieconn