Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Yep a reasonable piece, although its well enough reasoned still dont agree,he says great goalkeepers stop things happening?, tell me how does he suggest a goalkeeper stops a 30 yard screamer lol ? well seems me and vb are in the minority with this one AT THE MO, so there we go !!! just a thought and theres no grounds for this but speculation, the french manager reckoned hugo didnt speak to vb about playing or being 1 st choice now reading a touch about hugo he's an intelligent reasonably articulate guy I cant imagine for the life of me,that if he sat down with vb , that, the question wouldn't have been covered, so perhaps he never sat down with vb and as Llorris has been a long time spurs target maybe levy just sort of bulldozed the situ, without GOING INTO 2 MUCH DETAIL WITH VB and signed him. Just a thought like.

Actually no I dont and of coarse vb doesn't say 'give possession away' but taking an attack minded player off and putting a defensive minded player on has a tendency 2 give the opponents players space to push further up the pitch and our middies, as weve discussed, haven't the ability 2 hold and bring the ball out add that to a lack of arguably a forward who can hold, our defense being what it is at the mo cracks. vb should be on top of it and pic tactics that suit our personnel not expect players to suit the tactics only a subtle difference but IMO a crucial one . Oh and another point,when did we stop having players on the goal line?

You say Carroll !!!

For a start the sub was'nt until the 79th minute, which a lot of teams do to try and close out a game.

Your implying we weren't under the cosh until he made the above sub, what about the previous 34 minutes of the second half, what about the second half of the man U game, by your reckoning we shouldn't have been under the cosh for all of the second half as we didn't bring a defensive player on !!

And by the way it was something Arri use to do quite regulary but i didn't hear you moaning about him doing it !!!!

45.gif

Problem with the defensive substitutions is that it sends a message to the team psychologically or tactically,

to sit back and defend, this has cost us on numerous occasions already this season.

It's up to AVB and his backroom staff to put a stop to it on the training pitch or rethink his strategy.

You can't blame the players, the buck stops with him on his substitutions, as most of the time they have worked against

him so far this season.

What numerous occassions were they ?

When did they work against us ?

45.gif

You have a footballer named Carroll tongue.png

Are you bored Red?huh.png

No he's boring, not bored carm'ssmile.png

It is easy to get bored after trying to read your <deleted> English rij wai2.gif

Ah touch a nerve did we red, did we get called 'boring' when we were a little boy?? AAAAAAAAAAAHHH bless!!!!! And he tried tried real hard with that answer, note the avoidance of abbreviations, and far better with the grammar than on his last post on the utd thread. But yet another boring answer by another boring manc'. Best you go stick to your school boy boring 'who's the best team in Manchester' debate with your other boring manc' pals.

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

In fact the substitution bringing on Carroll for his debut was nuts.....really not the time for that imho.

Having said that the laddie did well, the same can't be said for Friedel who cost us a point with his poor goalkeeping. What have you to say to that rij?

A poor day all ways I'm afraid....my only consolation is there is another weekend soon to follow.....

Clueless sums us up, can't understand the crowd having a pop at AVB about the Defoe substitution when he did fark all all game, one of the problems with playing Defoe over Ade is when we get tied down and can't get out of our own half we don't have an option to go long as Defoe couldnt hold up a candle ( just made that one up, lol).

Blame Levy for not buying enough quality players at the beginning of the season !

Just watched AVB's post match interview, his verdict, "bad day at the office"

What about all the other home games this season? were they all bad days at the office?

Even the two home games we managed to win QPR & Aston Villa, were far from convincing!

Sorry, but i'm beginning to think that the players are not playing for him or he's formation is

totally wrong for home games, two defensive midfielders and only one striker for a home game?

We go a goal down and a minute later he takes off Defoe, our main striker <deleted>!

GO FOUR FOUR TWO! <deleted>.

P.S. (I still think he won't make it to the end of the season)

Hope i'm wrong.

Just watched AVB's post match interview, his verdict, "bad day at the office"

What about all the other home games this season? were they all bad days at the office?

Even the two home games we managed to win QPR & Aston Villa, were far from convincing!

Sorry, but i'm beginning to think that the players are not playing for him or he's formation is

totally wrong for home games, two defensive midfielders and only one striker for a home game?

We go a goal down and a minute later he takes off Defoe, our main striker <deleted>!

GO FOUR FOUR TWO! <deleted>.

P.S. (I still think he won't make it to the end of the season)

Hope i'm wrong.

While i appreiciate that Defoe might nick a goal you sometimes have to look at his overall contribution in a game,

Passes : 8 5 successfull

Shots : 0

Dribbles : 0

Interception : 1

14.gif

Maybe it's because he's having to play alone up front.

He's always played with a strike partner all his career, until now.

He's also been one of the best strikers over the years at Spurs, 140 odd goals!

but he needs a partner!

Remember when he played with Kanoute, Berbatov, Crouch, how effective he was,

especially at home.

Avb needs to take the blame for the woeful performances at WHL this season,

because he's playing with two defensive midfielders and only one sriker, when it should be the

other way around.

Under Jol, and Redknapp we were a fortress at the lane, now, any team that turns up see us

as a potential 3 points!

Maybe it's because he's having to play alone up front.

He's always played with a strike partner all his career, until now.

He's also been one of the best strikers over the years at Spurs, 140 odd goals!

but he needs a partner!

Remember when he played with Kanoute, Berbatov, Crouch, how effective he was,

especially at home.

Avb needs to take the blame for the woeful performances at WHL this season,

because he's playing with two defensive midfielders and only one sriker, when it should be the

other way around.

Under Jol, and Redknapp we were a fortress at the lane, now, any team that turns up see us

as a potential 3 points!

So your saying change the system to suit one player.

Part of the problem is that we havnt got enough quality players to break teams down and thats why our away record is better.

Part of the problem is that we havnt got enough quality players to break teams down and thats why our away record is better.

To suit two players, Ade & Defoe for home games, especially when playing the lower teams like Wigan,

we beat them 9-1 with Defoe scoring 5 in a 442 formation not so long ago.

Bale & Lennon have more than enough quality to break any team down on any pitch home & away.

To suit two players, Ade & Defoe for home games, especially when playing the lower teams like Wigan,

we beat them 9-1 with Defoe scoring 5 in a 442 formation not so long ago.

Bale & Lennon have more than enough quality to break any team down on any pitch home & away.

Bale and Lennon is only 2 and if you you read my post i said

part of the problem is that we havnt got enough quality players
( should have read " we didn't have enough quality players ") to be fair we miss Dembele and one other that we didn't buy ! Edited by alfieconn

Off the back of that dismal display were going into City and Arsenal away without Parker or Sandro holding in midfield and no Dembele. I have a feeling those two fixtures could be quite unpleasant.

Maybe now AVB will make some changes.

I'm questioning whether the players are buying in on AVB's tactics and whether

they're really playing for him, also the fans are still booing and that gives the players

food for thought too.

From now to the end of the year will determine our season and AVB's future me thinks.

Off the back of that dismal display were going into City and Arsenal away without Parker or Sandro holding in midfield and no Dembele. I have a feeling those two fixtures could be quite unpleasant.

I'm hoping Dembele will be back next week! What is the news on that?

I'm questioning whether the players are buying in on AVB's tactics and whether

they're really playing for him, also the fans are still booing and that gives the players

food for thought too.

From now to the end of the year will determine our season and AVB's future me thinks.

I don't think theres a problem with him and the players. I just think they thought this was going to be an easy saturday stroll in the park.

Regards the squad, Levy should shoulder the blame because we all know who and what we needed and it was his job to get them.

It would however be highly advisable to drop a center back and a keeper, because he's starting to really piss off supporters over those two issues. I also wonder whether Walker needs a rest to regain some confidence?

We were quite simply dreadful, the atmosphere was lousy and the usual elements of the crowd are not helping

Absolutely no chance whatsoever for either i'm afraid mate! Kaboul Parker and Dembele's absense is really hurting us now.

Absolutely no chance whatsoever for either i'm afraid mate! Kaboul Parker and Dembele's absense is really hurting us now.

As did Sandro's yesterday. Very worrying indeed that is carms....Huddlestone and maybe the young lad Carroll?

Frightening....!