Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Thought Dawson had a good game, his distribution is as good as any c/b in the prem, hit some lovely long balls, but i suspect when the prem games come gallas will get the nod,if only because he's a touch quicker. Imo not sure thats enuf though. Naughton is beginning to look exactly what he is, a right back playing at left bac, lets hope vb sorts him out b4 his confidence is 2 badly damaged, cos he's a decent enuf footballer. Alfies right were far to occupied with formations, however playing last nights formation against a prem team 4 sure it will get exposed, think we will start with adeboy dempsey/ siggy just to give us that extra man in midfield, as carms? said bring defoe on when there's a few tired legs, but what we have to do is make sure he gets in the box cos even if he's 40 yrds out his primary instinct is 2 score and team work defo comes second. As for the goalkeeper I just hope that what vb is doing isnt going to back fire ion us and we end up with 2 keepers whose form and confidence are damaged, cos as eggs are eggs hugo is having a tough time of it, last nights showing, without wanting to labour the point, WASN'T GOOD and has brad started to show signs? or is it just our badly organised bac 4 thats doing neither of them favors. Anyway, YID ARMY YID ARMY YID ARMY YID ARMY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wai2.gif

Lloris is looking rusty now as he would playing so few games and i think you are right, its going to backfire. Very poor handling of this by AVB. Well, atleast on the surface it is!

I'd be very surprised if we don't go 4-2-3-1 on sunday. We have a very small hope of something even with our injuries because i don't think that City our ever at their best without david Silva. Also, for reasons best known to them, Vincent kompany has looked very human this season so who knows.

think we'll go walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertoghen, with Sandro and a possible surprise in central. Despite Defoe's form i think we'd be stupid not to play Adebayor up top, He'll wind them up if nothing else!!

What he could do at some stage in the game is bring Bale in more central and play Falque on the wing. Might be interesting

Reckon vb will go 4 sandro & hudd's and i'de be surprised if carroll starts, ease the lad in gently and 2 moro's gonna be tuf, plenty of time and games 4 him 2 get some experience.

I wasn't aware that Sandro had passed a fitness test. We look very weak defensively

Also if the french paper L'Equipe is to be believed Lloris will demand an exit in january, and who can blame him. He's been made to look a fool, destroying his confidence and embarrassed him infront of the french media. So, Villas-Boas will possibly lose a world class keeper, to a 41 year old that will be retiring at the end of the season. and its not as if flappy Brad is not without fault anyway!

The worst example of man management i've seen from a Spurs manager in thirty years or more.

Reckon vb will go 4 sandro & hudd's and i'de be surprised if carroll starts, ease the lad in gently and 2 moro's gonna be tuf, plenty of time and games 4 him 2 get some experience.

I wasn't aware that Sandro had passed a fitness test. We look very weak defensively

Also if the french paper L'Equipe is to be believed Lloris will demand an exit in january, and who can blame him. He's been made to look a fool, destroying his confidence and embarrassed him infront of the french media. So, Villas-Boas will possibly lose a world class keeper, to a 41 year old that will be retiring at the end of the season. and its not as if flappy Brad is not without fault anyway!

The worst example of man management i've seen from a Spurs manager in thirty years or more.

I think Lloris will play today carms and i thought Sandro was taken off against Wigan as a precautionary measure so hopefully ok for today.

I would play Ade in a deeper role purely because Dempsey or Sig are not up to it, otherwise Ade has to play up top on his own.

I think Lloris will play today carms and i thought Sandro was taken off against Wigan as a precautionary measure so hopefully ok for today.

I would play Ade in a deeper role purely because Dempsey or Sig are not up to it, otherwise Ade has to play up top on his own.

i read somewhere that AVB would "dearly have wanted Sandro Parker and Kaboul fit for this one." i hope that was a journo jumping the gun then.

I am surprised that Levy hasn't stepped in and said something about the keeper situation and i also think you are right, i don't think Brad would mind either. he's a great pro and would totally understand it.

AVB says were going for a win up there so i am very interested to see his line up.

I would agree with this. Starting to look like we should have kept VDV and never signed either of those two!

Edit: Mind you, as I've said before, our bench needed strengthening.....<shakes head>

Edited by smokie36

I would agree with this. Starting to look like we should have kept VDV and never signed either of those two!

Edit: Mind you, as I've said before, our bench needed strengthening.....<shakes head>

Levy saw an oppotunity to sell VDV to hamburg for 10.5m and making a 2.5m profit in doing so. Then goes and replaces him with two players, neither as good as the dutchman, for a combined cost of 14m.

We should have kept VDV and just bought one of them.

Edited by carmine

Well I'll be happy to see Adebayor drop back a bit sometimes and us play 4-4-2 more often. Its just a pity Dembele is out today.

For me that is the only real questionmark for AVB today.

Start with Lloris &lt;deleted&gt;!

I think if we play 4-4-2 at City we'll get murdered.

Well I'll be happy to see Adebayor drop back a bit sometimes and us play 4-4-2 more often. Its just a pity Dembele is out today.

I can't see that either....certainly not with our midfield. I just hope Hudd and Sandro play well!

Sig or Dempsey carms?

Edited by smokie36

I can't see that either....certainly not with our midfield. I just hope Hudd and Sandro play well!

Whats left of our midfield! Parker and Dembele out and Sandro still to pass a fitness test.

Whats left of our midfield! Parker and Dembele out and Sandro still to pass a fitness test.

Aah Sig AND Dempsey. blink.png

I confess i'm not remotely interested in those two for this game. I'm more concerned about our defensive midfield and the creativity.

Take a look at Citys midfield and strike force, (the brilliance of Tevez and Aguero, the cynical brutality of Ballotellismile.png ), its superb and not to be confused with Maribor

Edited by carmine

I confess i'm not remotely interested in those two for this game. I'm more concerned about our defensive midfield and the creativity.

Take a look at Citys midfield and strike force, (the brilliance of Tevez and Aguero, the cynical brutality of Ballotellismile.png ), its superb and not to be confused with Maribor

This is a joke right?

This is a joke right?

No, why do you say that?

Take no notice Carms. Any sort of compliment if not to a United player is not allowed, in the eyes of the RAGs

The fact remains, even with injuries to both sides, or more in view of it, you can see the difference in depth of quality between the two sides.

You should win comfortably mrboj. I'm expecting to see the teamsheet and go into near collapse.

I'll be having a couple of pints first to steady my nerves....tongue.png

Edited by smokie36

Take no notice Carms. Any sort of compliment if not to a United player is not allowed, in the eyes of the RAGs

The fact remains, even with injuries to both sides, or more in view of it, you can see the difference in depth of quality between the two sides.

You should win comfortably mrboj. I'm expecting to see the teamsheet and go into near collapse.

Give over Smokes. Your just edging your bets. I'm certainly not confident.

Give over Smokes. Your just edging your bets. I'm certainly not confident.

You will be when you see our first XI....I had that Chelski &lt;deleted&gt; tweeting me when he saw Dembele and Bale weren't playing.

We knew at the start of that one it would be a near impossible task.

We do however have Bale and Adebayor available for this game.....and the midfield are improving so....perhaps.

This is a joke right?

No, why do you say that?

What about there leading scorer Dzeko tongue.png