Tottenham Thread

chonabot

the best New Year Gift EVA!! ......

ONLY IF LEVY CAN 'READ' THIS AND UNDERSTAND.... LOL...... GET IN THOSE PLAYERS !!!

current position....

P GD Pts

1. Man U 21 26 52

2. Man C 21 22 45

3. THFC 21 12 35

balance games = 17 each...

permutation ( wish for it )........for the next 17 games...

EACH GAME WE SCORE AT LEAST 3 GOALS....

Win Draw Lose Points Total

Man U - 7 7 3 28 52 + 28 = 80

Man C - 9 5 3 32 45 + 32 = 77

THFC - 13 2 2 41 41 + 39 = 80 <------- CHAMPION !!!!! BY GOAL DIF....HAHAHAHA

Edited by tmaker

howdy guys...

new to this thread...30 odd yrs THFC supporter..

wish all 'wishes' come true....WS + moutinho + brazilian pair !!! lol...

costs/wages....that's the big brick wall....

and we're only 6 adrift of MC....

welcome aboard mate, i too am only a pup on this thread,

Tottenham are expected to complete the signing of Ezekiel Fryers from Standard Liege during the January transfer window, according to reports.

http://www.independe...am-8437117.html

Personally, I'd very much prefer Leighton Baines biggrin.png

Seems like it's done, but Man U are not happy. biggrin.png

Tottenham Hotspur have completed a £3 million deal for Zeki Fryers in a move that could infuriate Manchester United.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9779368/Spurs-cut-price-deal-for-Zeki-Fryers-could-anger-Manchester-United.html

I have a feeling we are all going to be very disappointed with this t/f window. Forget about Fryers, good snare but at the end of the day a 3m player. i'm talking about big spend, 20m plus. Word is it ain't going to happen.

I could never see Shaktar selling Willian in a month of sundays anyway. Why would they? Theres no rhyme nor reason. We've already failed twice to land Damiao. The talk of Anas Sharbini is apparently a load of rubbish being spouted by his agent and we have zero interest.

Mr Levy's going bargain hunting again. I really hope what i'm hearing is wrong but i doubt it is. If its correct i'll lose all faith in our chairman.

I have a feeling we are all going to be very disappointed with this t/f window. Forget about Fryers, good snare but at the end of the day a 3m player. i'm talking about big spend, 20m plus. Word is it ain't going to happen.

I could never see Shaktar selling Willian in a month of sundays anyway. Why would they? Theres no rhyme nor reason. We've already failed twice to land Damiao. The talk of Anas Sharbini is apparently a load of rubbish being spouted by his agent and we have zero interest.

Mr Levy's going bargain hunting again. I really hope what i'm hearing is wrong but i doubt it is. If its correct i'll lose all faith in our chairman.

Probaly get someone like Holtby just because he will be cheap and he's probaly not much better than Sig or Dempsey who play in the same position !

Edited by alfieconn

Probaly get someone like Holtby just because he will be cheap and he's probaly not much better than Sig or Dempsey who play in the same position !

Yes probably Lewis Holtby and maybe a pre contract is already done. Any other business is more likely to be players leaving although we are finding it hard to find anyone stupid enough to take JJ and Bentley!!

I think the rather large lump of cash we have is going towards the stadium. Looks like our best players better stay fit and Adebayor better start earning his wages.

Oh well.....the young lad might come good.

Another left sided player won't do us any harm.

I'm still feeling positive we might bag a striker though!

Yes I'm having a wonderful day....so I'll sign off from here before someone spoils it for me. biggrin.png

Interesting :

He has been playing as AMC this year and been thriving in the role, but his favoured position is actually DM so Spurs could be signing him with a view to playing there (perhaps in the 4-3-3 formation

- I have seen the website stating he is a good dribbler / likes to dribble and I don't know where this has come from, he is not a player who runs with the ball much. He is capable of beating a defender, but 9 times out of 10 he will play the pass or a through ball.

-Many have been saying 'is he good enough to start' and 'is he an improvement on the current squad' and the simple answer is yes. I think it's likely that we will see Sandro/Parker, Dembele and Holtby playing behind Bale, Lennon and Defoe.

-Don't expect Moutinho to sign as well they take up the same position.

- His playing style is most similar (though I hate to say it) to Wilshere and Modric though he is a better ball winner than both of those

Edited by alfieconn

Moussa Sissoko?

But you have to fight it out with Villa and Newcastle. whistling.gif

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/01/04/aston-villa-and-tottenham-hotspur-involved-in-rapidly-heating-up-moussa-sissoko-chase/76316/?

Tottenham are expected to complete the signing of Ezekiel Fryers from Standard Liege during the January transfer window, according to reports.

Yeah Levy is a cunning old fox, won't pay Utd 6m, goes to Liege for nothing, Spurs sign him for 2m, everyones a winner well except Utd 3.gif

Wish he would be as cunning in getting a centre forward though !

Yeah Levy is a cunning old fox, won't pay Utd 6m, goes to Liege for nothing, Spurs sign him for 2m, everyones a winner well except Utd 3.gif

He could snap up Chamakh before he goes to West Ham. laugh.png

Edited by uptheos

Mu will not sell to us,after what we 'did' to them...mebbe the price will be jacked up !!

Mu will not sell to us,after what we 'did' to them...mebbe the price will be jacked up !!

Can you explain 39.gif

Can't really see utd's beef or is just gutter press bollacks again. Utd had more than enuf time to sort a package that was acceptable to the player, seems they didn't, so he moved on, and at that time seems our money men thought the package could be 2 expensive for a development player so we didnt sign him, 6 monthish on the package looks better, so we bought him, cant see what the biggie is, if utd wanted him they could have laid out for him, similar to liverpool are 'expected' to do with Ince. No idea what this players like.let's hope he's as good as rumored, but at that age nothing is written in stone could well not make the jump to first team, as said he's a development player.

So Red Nose wants an investigation into the Zeki Fryers transfer. Just aswell becaise an investigation into that worldbeater bebe that he endorsed a 7m transfer for without even seeing the guy play! Turns out to have the skill and fitness level of a half decent pub player.

Then perhaps the investigation could move onto the business dealings of his son.

Has the chav with a knighthood never heard of the saying about people in glass houses? Lodmouthed old duffer

Great to see Parker and BAE get a run out at last.

I hope Levy is busy! biggrin.png

Our dealings are probably donewink.png

regardless of what happens in the transfer market we should be more concerned about the form of Adebayor and his decision on whether to play in the African cup. By all accounts he was rather poor. I doubt very much we will be buying a striker so his good form is massively important. I never have nor never will be convinced by Defoe. We've already dropped countless points by not wrapping up games early on

Nice to see Lloris Sandro and Vertoghen rested and equally good to see Parker and BAE back in good form.

QPR game now 12.45 next saturdaythumbsup.gif I had no big gripes with rangers until scrotum face took over. Lets really give them a pasting next week

I had no big gripes with rangers until scrotum face took over. Lets really give them a pasting next week

Dear oh dear, what a fickle bunch you are. The sun used to shine out of his arse and now he's "scrotum face".

"Fairweather Fans" is the phrase that springs to mind, we have more than a few of our own.

biggrin.png

I had no big gripes with rangers until scrotum face took over. Lets really give them a pasting next week

Dear oh dear, what a fickle bunch you are. The sun used to shine out of his arse and now he's "scrotum face".

"Fairweather Fans" is the phrase that springs to mind, we have more than a few of our own.

biggrin.png

Didn't realise you were so out of touch. This thread has long had a profound loathing of him dating back over two years. He's a self serving crook without an ounce of tactical acumen. Some might say he did well and i would agree but i believe our current coach would have done much better with that side and certainly not compromised our team when the England job became available. We were 13 points clear of you mugs when he effectively went awol on us the c*nt.

Anyways not to worry you're a newbie on here so were not aware.

btw, fairweather fans are the ones that turned up when your new stadium was built, bought season tickets and boxes then turn up to some of the big games and boo Wenger when you arn't winning, in between chomping on their prawn sarnies, in that souless morgue of a place you called the Emirates. What a horrid club you are!

Edited by carmine

Were Spurs ever interested in Ba? If so they didn't try very hard considering everyone says they need a forward.

But hey......El Torro might be available. biggrin.png

To be honest i think Levy/AVB knew that the terms of his Newcastle contract and buy out clause meant that he'd be demanding huge wages so obviously chelsea's name sprung to the fore like magic! Good player ba and i would have liked him but not worth getting too upset over.

Talking about vile things/Chelsea, have a particular striker i'd love to see at the Lane and thats Lukaku. He looks a terrific player.

Were Spurs ever interested in Ba? If so they didn't try very hard considering everyone says they need a forward.

To be honest i think Levy/AVB knew that the terms of his Newcastle contract and buy out clause meant that he'd be demanding huge wages so obviously chelsea's name sprung to the fore like magic! Good player ba and i would have liked him but not worth getting too upset over.

Talking about vile things/Chelsea, have a particular striker i'd love to see at the Lane and thats Lukaku. He looks a terrific player.

Yes, I've watched a lot of WBA games and I like the look of him (though I'd like to see his birth certificate) biggrin.png Big lad.

Yes, I've watched a lot of WBA games and I like the look of him (though I'd like to see his birth certificate) biggrin.png Big lad.

Yes, calling him "baby" Drogba's stretching it a little. He's a beast!

biggrin.png

calling our most succesful manager a crook ect ect and slagging, arguably our best central midfeild player for ?? years , imo aint particulary clever or particulary perceptive.

seems spurs fans r quick to remember ari losing a thirteen point lead, not so quick to praise or remember some of the great football HIS team served up on the way or the great job he did getting us into that position. and whats also not taken into account,is the learning curve of handling sitting on top of the league , not many managers get in that position, the presure that brings is unique and handling that, like everything imo comes with expierence,

The club as much as ari didnt handle the speculatuive england job issue very well, if the club wanted to they could have ended speculation and relieved the pressure, by giving him a brand new long term contract, they didnt, so seems quite early they made up their minds ari was to be moved on. FAir enuf but Ari continaully said he was just concentrating on the spurs job and always denied any contact had been made NO ONE TOOK ANY NOTICE OF HIM SAYING that, believed what they wanted to believe. and imo, ari under awkward circumstances did quite well to keep us in the top four. Had he been been given decent finacial support, in the last jan transfer window, SAha and neilson &lt;deleted&gt; !!! who knows where we would have finished, even so,imo, 4th wasnt bad, I like the progress our new managers making there's a rationality and planned balance to what he's doing, lets hope he can keep it up and progress and he can put togother a squad/ team that can challenge utd city and chelsea and if he cant, lets hope he's not slagged like ari's been.

Edited by rijit