Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Depreciation is only that which happens when, e.g. Spurs pay x millions for a player, only to then have to sell at a massive loss. Darren Bent anyone ? :)

Tottenham Hotspur plc announces that agreement has been reached for the transfer of the player registration of Darren Bent to Sunderland AFC for a total consideration of up to £16.5 million.

Another statement made by happy hammer when he has got his facts wrong, keep reading the beano mate :D

According to Sky Sports.

New Tottenham striker Peter Crouch believes the club have an excellent chance of a top-four finish in the Premier League this season.

Anyone heard of Cloud Cukoo Land?

I love the picture they put in TheSun next to this story:

crouch_682x400_861615a.jpg

I have to agree that it pretty much sums up my feelings of Spurs making the top 4.

Edited by dave111223

Interesting story :)

Sunderland Striker Darren Bent: Tottenham Hotspur Years Were The 'Worst Of My Career'

The newest Black Cat has taken yet another jab at Spurs...

7 Aug 2009 05:34:00

Having recently left Tottenham Hotspur for Sunderland, Darren Bent has thus far been atypically restrained in his comments about his time under Harry Redknapp's management.

Now, however, the England striker has spelt out just how dissatisfying his stint at Spurs truly was, albeit in more articulate fashion than his infamous Twitter tantrum.

"It was the worst two years of my career," Bent said, according to The Sun.

"Even last year, when I was the club's top scorer, I never actually felt wanted. I didn't feel Redknapp wanted me there.

"It's massive to have the support of your manager and that's not been the case for the last two years.

"My career stood still at Tottenham. There's a lot of politics going on there.

"I scored a lot of goals but it was the hardest two years of my life and it's a weight off my shoulders that I'm finally here."

The tense relationship between player and gaffer came to a head when the latter declared that his wife, Sandra, could have converted the point-blank chance the hitman missed against Portsmouth in January.

Redknapp later snapped to the press that the upset Bent shouldn't be so "precious", and the former Charlton Athletic star believes this was indicative of how he was treated by the Lilywhites boss.

"No-one goes out to deliberately miss," he said.

"When you miss a chance and your manager comes out and supports you rather than criticises you, it's a big help.

"Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of meeting Sandra!"

And Bent revealed that he wasn't the only one who thought he got a raw deal at White Hart Lane:

"The amount of positive messages I've had from Tottenham fans saying I was being treated like rubbish is amazing."

harry redknapp is a loathesome individual.

But he was a West Ham cult hero when he played on the wing -- there was even a song. Although admittedly, to attain cult hero status necessitates also being crap as well. :D

I don't know that he's loathsome nowadays. Amoral and somebody that anyone with an ounce of savvy wouldn't consider even buying a used car from maybe ... :)

Come on Alfie who do you have for Spurs player of this coming season? I have already gone for Huddlestone as I reckon (hope) that this is the season he stamps his authority on the game but just hope that midfield isn't too quick for him. A long shot but here's hoping.

What say you?

Come on Alfie who do you have for Spurs player of this coming season? I have already gone for Huddlestone as I reckon (hope) that this is the season he stamps his authority on the game but just hope that midfield isn't too quick for him. A long shot but here's hoping.

What say you?

Well Modric is the obvious one, but for an outsider Pavlyuchenko,especially if he is plays with a more positive attitude and taking into account how he played yesterday.

I am still worried about our lack of depth on the left side, something i thought Harry was going to address !

What happens if Modric or Assou-Ekotto get injured ?

If we want bought a decent left mid/winger we could then play Modric with Palacious but with the option of replacing Modric with someone stronger if getting over run in the middle.

Top 8 is the best we can hope for this season in my opinion.

harry redknapp is a loathesome individual.

I could use other words but yeah, you get the jist of it Stevie..

Just wondering if you had the same opinion when he was in charge of your lot ?

Oh yes completely, i despised him from the day it came to light that he bought Titi Camara & Rigobert Song both on 5 Year Contracts, both on 40k & 35k per Week respectively ( that was an awful lot of $$ then ) when his Son just so happened to be their Agent..

Camara started 11 Games for us in the 3 Years he collected his 40k per week & was regulary sitting on his fat arse taking advantage of a Contract given to him which lined Redknapp's pockets..

Redknapp is bent as a 9 Bob note & is a Cancer on the beautiful Game..

Well Modric is the obvious one, but for an outsider Pavlyuchenko,especially if he is plays with a more positive attitude and taking into account how he played yesterday.

I am still worried about our lack of depth on the left side, something i thought Harry was going to address !

If we want bought a decent left mid/winger we could then play Modric with Palacious but with the option of replacing Modric with someone stronger if getting over run in the middle.

Yup Modric was excellent last season as was Assou-Ekoto but I share your concerns on the left side and was hoping that Bale and Chibonda would have been moved on by now and someone decent brought in. You can add Palacios to the list of those we need healthy all season as he's the only physical midfielder we have which can't be good. As for Pav I'm all for you being right but you have to worry about how much game time he'll get with Crouch coming in.

Top 8 has been my prediction fo the last few seasons and probably wise to go along with you for this as we are still so obviously lacking in areas as you pointed out but nothing has been done. Strange eh? Must be saving up for that new ground.

Yup Modric was excellent last season as was Assou-Ekoto but I share your concerns on the left side and was hoping that Bale and Chibonda would have been moved on by now and someone decent brought in. You can add Palacios to the list of those we need healthy all season as he's the only physical midfielder we have which can't be good. As for Pav I'm all for you being right but you have to worry about how much game time he'll get with Crouch coming in.

Top 8 has been my prediction fo the last few seasons and probably wise to go along with you for this as we are still so obviously lacking in areas as you pointed out but nothing has been done. Strange eh? Must be saving up for that new ground.

Agree. Modric was awesome last season considering it was his first year in England. He'll be one of the players of the year this season, which will no doubt lead to Man Utd coming calling..!!

Also, where the flick is our much needed left sided midfielder 'Arry..???

Top 6 finish though I reckon, minimum.

Depreciation is only that which happens when, e.g. Spurs pay x millions for a player, only to then have to sell at a massive loss. Darren Bent anyone ? :)

Tottenham Hotspur plc announces that agreement has been reached for the transfer of the player registration of Darren Bent to Sunderland AFC for a total consideration of up to £16.5 million.

Another statement made by happy hammer when he has got his facts wrong, keep reading the beano mate :D

could you please explain the details of the bent deal, ie up to 16.5m, as ive noticed on several

football webs that the figure is always quoted as 10m, personally i dont know what the true sum is

could be additional money for x amount of caps or goals ? cheers.

could you please explain the details of the bent deal, ie up to 16.5m, as ive noticed on several

football webs that the figure is always quoted as 10m, personally i dont know what the true sum is

Redknapp in Bent Deal Shock Horror !!! :D

Redknapp in Bent Deal Shock Horror !!! :D

nah, im not havin it singher, , as its apparently common knowledge arry only runs the team,you see, and he doesnt have anything to do with spurs business,i.e. he probably knew f all about the signing of crouch.

still, that unacounted for 6.5m, makes ya wonder. Bent deals? nah, not a chance mate

I thought it was common knowledge what happened, Sunderland pay 10m pound to Harry (in a brown envelope of course ) and he in turn pays Tottenham Football Club 16.5 m pound :D

I thought it was common knowledge what happened, Sunderland pay 10m pound to Harry (in a brown envelope of course ) and he in turn pays Tottenham Football Club 16.5 m pound :D

nah not havin that either alfie, sounds to me, morelike sunderland give arry 16.5, an he gives THEM 10m .

thats redknapp for ya, youll get used to him.

Unbelievably ironic Mr Conn -- as unintentional as it is on your part. :D

nah not havin that either alfie, sounds to me, morelike sunderland give arry 16.5, an he gives THEM 10m .

Bungpuss economics hasn't quite sunk in with Mr Conn it seems. But there again why should he know the minutiae of the Rio deal -- and that's before he completely lost the plot. :)

Unbelievably ironic Mr Conn -- as unintentional as it is on your part. :D

Bungpuss economics hasn't quite sunk in with Mr Conn it seems. But there again why should he know the minutiae of the Rio deal -- and that's before he completely lost the plot. :)

I can't recall, has Harry ever been found guilty of any illegal dealings ?

Have West Ham ever been found guilty of any illegal dealings ?

Just one word answers will suffice.

Edited by alfieconn

Somebody wake me up. I just dreamt we beat Liverpool 2-1

Come on mate that's 3 times in a season and a day not such a shock is it?

I think it would have been different if Benayoun had been on from the start but that's not down to us is it. Not sure about the Keane and Defoe up front but chances were there but unfortunately falling to Keane who hasn't been on top of his game since returning from Liverpool but plenty of other positives there including a bench that has some substance for a change and will get even better when we get Dawson and Woodgate back. 3 points on Wednesday and we'll see how we go.

Now then who is the blind one who came up with that shirt design?

I wouln't get too excited chaps, we're probaly go and lose at Hull

that would be about right for tottenham

but to give spurs there due, over the 90 mins they actually were the better team, and more than held liverpool. the last ten mins spurs ran a little out of steam, but still liverpool didnt really create any clear chances. penalties, ive seen them given and ive seen them denied, thats footie!!. king was abso outstanding, looks leaner quicker, gave one of THE most complete centre back performances ive seen for a long while. torres didnt get a sniff. corluka is slow as fuc, but oh so strong, people bounce of the boy. palacios snarls and spits it the centre, whilst modric played well, but ive seen him play better. lennon, doas what he doas, he runs at the defence, v dificult to cope with. shame our strikers cant keep up with the boy and give him better options. dissapointments, our strikers, keane missed a couple of sitters, the positive view, well he got there in the first place, the rest will come. defoe didnt get a sniff.

but a great start and despite a few injuries the squad, imo it looks in good shape. however cant see dawson hanging around to be 4th choice c/b bruce if hes got any sence will step in for the boy. he deserves better than the bench.

well hull here we come !!!

I wouln't get too excited chaps, we're probaly go and lose at Hull

that would be about right for tottenham

but to give spurs there due, over the 90 mins they actually were the better team, and more than held liverpool. the last ten mins spurs ran a little out of steam, but still liverpool didnt really create any clear chances. penalties, ive seen them given and ive seen them denied, thats footie!!. king was abso outstanding, looks leaner quicker, gave one of THE most complete centre back performances ive seen for a long while. torres didnt get a sniff. corluka is slow as fuc, but oh so strong, people bounce of the boy. palacios snarls and spits it the centre, whilst modric played well, but ive seen him play better. lennon, doas what he doas, he runs at the defence, v dificult to cope with. shame our strikers cant keep up with the boy and give him better options. dissapointments, our strikers, keane missed a couple of sitters, the positive view, well he got there in the first place, the rest will come. defoe didnt get a sniff.

but a great start and despite a few injuries the squad, imo it looks in good shape. however cant see dawson hanging around to be 4th choice c/b bruce if hes got any sence will step in for the boy. he deserves better than the bench.

well hull here we come !!!

As good as the lads played yesterday i still think we struggle against West Ham on saturday.

I thought we were excellent yesterday, totally outplayed the Scallies. Playing the so called "Big 4" isn't the problem though (only 1 defeat in all 8 games last year!?!), it's the games at Hull, Stoke, Blackburn etc where we usually struggle. Will be interesting this week when we go to Hull to see if we've developed a bit of fight this season.

We're still desperate for a new keeper and also a left winger. Reports suggest we're in for Petrov from Man City who would be a decent signing.

COYS................