Tottenham Thread

chonabot

We're still desperate for a new keeper and also a left winger. Reports suggest we're in for Petrov from Man City who would be a decent signing.

COYS................

desperate's a little strong mate

give me some one thats better? thought that gomez was ok yesterday. cant really see the big panic to replace him. and give the boy credit for coming back from where he was last season, many would have fallen totally. along with cudicini weve got better cover than most, prob including the BIG FOUR.

an out and out left winger would be useful, but with modric and bale along with the fast improving Benoit Assou-Ekotto were ok

imo,alls reasonably well within the squad at the mo. but WORLD class additions are welcome.

come on you spurs!!

Hi all. A Thai spurs fan here. Great performance on Sunday, wasn't it? I'm quite confident we'll pick up at least 4 points from the next two games. We played both teams in pre-season and we completely domintated in both. I know they were just friendlies, but with the way we have played, bar that defeat in Hong Kong, we have a good chance to break the top 4 this season. We have a good enough squad, but consistency is the key.

Hi all. A Thai spurs fan here. Great performance on Sunday, wasn't it? I'm quite confident we'll pick up at least 4 points from the next two games. We played both teams in pre-season and we completely domintated in both. I know they were just friendlies, but with the way we have played, bar that defeat in Hong Kong, we have a good chance to break the top 4 this season. We have a good enough squad, but consistency is the key.

That's what I like about the start of the season - so much misguided optimism in the air.

That's what I like about the start of the season - so much misguided optimism in the air.

That may be true for most Spurs supporters , youngsters and glory hunters. But the rest of us long-suffering lot have learned to expect the least , then anything on top is a bonus. You'll get used to these quiirks, James. :)

BTW

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they end up in the top six, come the end of the season.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they end up in the top six, come the end of the season.

If we can pick up one quality preferably tough midfielder then maybe top 8 will become top 6. We have numbers in all departments but carrying far too much mediocrity (Bale/Chibonda/Bentley/O'Hara/Jenas) in my opinion which is possibly a reflection on prices being demanded for players recently but let's see how we go.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, hang on a minute let me come up for air Bwahahahahahahahha

From Seven Sisters to Sukhothai, Exeter to Ekkamai, they're all the same, they're all completely off their Heads, all of them, collective insanity....

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahaha

:)

If we can pick up one quality preferably tough midfielder then maybe top 8 will become top 6. We have numbers in all departments but carrying far too much mediocrity (Bale/Chibonda/Bentley/O'Hara/Jenas) in my opinion which is possibly a reflection on prices being demanded for players recently but let's see how we go.

What about Palacios ?? :)

You could quite easily finish 6th this Year in my opinion for sure & no matter how much i despise, that's the truth..

But all this Top 4 talk, please, it's killing me..... :D

You will have 9 Points come Sunday evening but that STILL doesn't mena you're gonna finish Top 4, Redknapp isn't smart enough for starters & your Team isn't good enough, for sure..

Isn't your left flank the problem as well ? That's why I still think that Joey Cole might be a goer, if Chelsington would let him go. I know old Bungpuss would love him there to play out on the left.

Another stab in the heart for West Ham fans if it happened -- but there you go.

Just couldn't help it there :) after that last season's two points from 8 games howler.

Isn't your left flank the problem as well ? That's why I still think that Joey Cole might be a goer, if Chelsington would let him go. I know old Bungpuss would love him there to play out on the left.

Another stab in the heart for West Ham fans if it happened -- but there you go.

Aye, how do you work that out ?? :)

When Joe Cole signed for Chelsea he said in an Interview that he used to Sit in the Shed when he was " 10 or 11 " watching Chelsea, when Joe Cole was " 10 or 11 ", the Shed was a Terrace..

He's just another W*nker Premiership Footballer who tells lies left right & centre to fit the situation that he is in, no more no less & it would certainly not be a stab to my heart that's for sure.....

What sort of Person could play for West Ham, Chelsea & T*ttenham anyway, if you're a Football person that is & from London, could any of you ???

Me neither..

You could quite easily finish 6th this Year in my opinion for sure & no matter how much i despise, that's the truth..

You will have 9 Points come Sunday evening but that STILL doesn't mena you're gonna finish Top 4, Redknapp isn't smart enough for starters & your Team isn't good enough, for sure..

That Redknapp isn't smart enough is an unfair judgement. He may not have managed a big club before coming to Spurs, but he had done pretty well with limited budgets. Let's see how he fares with more spending power, but so far he has convinced many spurs fans after a job well done last season.

Love the idea of 9 points from 3 games though. :D

What about Palacios ??

Palacios is the only muscle we have in midfield and we don't have any class to come in once the yellow cards add up. Huddlestone can put it about but will get booked just about every time 'cause he's such a big lad and he doesn't have the guile like someone like Scholes has had all these years.

Yes left sided player still lacking as others have pointed out and if 'arry does find the right player then we really would have our best squad that I can remember for a very long time. Cole? Sure we'll take him as he brings goals to the table which just may be one area we'll be lacking in this season.

Aye, how do you work that out ?? :D

Many of us thought that Joe Cole was the best thing at West Ham for yonks. In fact it used to pain me to see him play as I knew he would eventually leave. I would go as far as to say that if he had stayed he would undoubtedly have, eventually, become a legend.

Or perhaps you think that Bonds shouldn't be because of his Charlton connections, or Di Canio ... I could go on. :)

That Redknapp isn't smart enough is an unfair judgement. He may not have managed a big club before coming to Spurs, but he had done pretty well with limited budgets. Let's see how he fares with more spending power, but so far he has convinced many spurs fans after a job well done last season.

Love the idea of 9 points from 3 games though. :D

Bwahahahahahaha i love you people, you give me endless amusement.... :D

Aye, how do you work that out ?? :D

Many of us thought that Joe Cole was the best thing at West Ham for yonks. In fact it used to pain me to see him play as I knew he would eventually leave. I would go as far as to say that if he had stayed he would undoubtedly have, eventually, become a legend.

Or perhaps you think that Bonds shouldn't be because of his Charlton connections, or Di Canio ... I could go on. :)

But he didn't HH, he went to Chelsea at a young age & is now being linked to T*ttenham, that's my point !!!! :D

Bwahahahahahahahahaha, hang on a minute let me come up for air Bwahahahahahahahha

From Seven Sisters to Sukhothai, Exeter to Ekkamai, they're all the same, they're all completely off their Heads, all of them, collective insanity....

It seems like we are targeting the top 4 in the same way that you are targeting a Europa cup place neither which are going to happen so it appears we are all delusional :D

Edited by alfieconn

It seems like we are targeting the top 4 in the same way that you are targeting a Europa cup place neither which are going to happen so it appears we are all delusional :D

Not true, & even of it was, you wouldn't see us mugging ourselves off regulary & shouting it out to anyone that will listen.. :D

Not true, & even of it was, you wouldn't see us mugging ourselves off regulary & shouting it out to anyone that will listen.. :D

You don't hear every Tottenham supporter shouting out about the top four and you certainly havn't heard our manager talking about it unlike your own manager talking about a Europa cup place.

ll delusional :)

we dont shout it out to anyone that listens, we talk about it ON OUR THREAD

However when people come on opposing teams threads and constantly just look for arguments its rather annoying and frankly, pointless.

To me it highlights the rather unpleasant side of football.

so please consider what you are saying, and where you are saying it.

Don't worry about it rijit. HH and his mate follow a side who are in a complete financial mess and need to sell to survive and as such have few aspirations for the season whereas we have bought well (for a bloody change) are financially sound and fancy our chances to at least compete but historically our away form has been atrocious and if we are going to make any sort of impression we need to thump Hull tonight but I suspect there will be one goal in it hopefully in our favour.

You don't hear every Tottenham supporter shouting out about the top four and you certainly havn't heard our manager talking about it unlike your own manager talking about a Europa cup place.

That riijt Fella i don't even take serious, he's shown himself to me with his " Mum " comment so i won't even go there.. :D

Mahseer, is one of the better one's of a bad bunch it seems so thumbs up to him even though he has his moments..

But back to the Top 4 thing, Alfredo, come on don't insult me......... :D

Good Ol Arry...

http://www.thelondonpaper.com/thelondonpap...remier-league-f

& here's Ossie...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...p;ATTR=Football

& here's the lanky Big Bird Freak...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/au...-spurs-top-four

Here's Ledley the Racist...

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfoot...rssfeed&att=

& now the Supporters... :D

Here's the lovely Chonabot in 2006 ..

" Champs league would have been nice, but I think we need another year or 2 before we have the firepower to make an impression on the biggest club stage. "

The new Member twbkk chips in with this little beauty..

" we have a good chance to break the top 4 this season "

Here's good old Uncle Festus back in 2007...

http://english-premier-league.suite101.com...im_for_top_four

& finally, here's your Player who wasn't quite good enough to play in a Top 4 Team so went back to T*ttenham, so then all of a sudden jumps on the bandwagon but no Alf, overall you're right, we don't hear it a great deal out of your lot, that's true.... :D

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5451020,00.html

COME ON YOU LILLIES

Seems like all the managers are at it then :D

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola targets Europa League spot

Edited by alfieconn

Are you in Thailand rijit? I've tried watching these midweek games in Thailand before and usually end up akip way before half time if we're winning or not. Lovely win and one relegation certainty clearly indentified. West Ham will be tougher weekend but here's hoping.

Really do wish we do away with the 'hello sailor' shirts but not liable to happen now is it?

Congratulations!!! You are already half way through in getting your prediction right. :D

we dont shout it out to anyone that listens, we talk about it ON OUR THREAD

However when people come on opposing teams threads and constantly just look for arguments its rather annoying and frankly, pointless.

To me it highlights the rather unpleasant side of football.

so please consider what you are saying, and where you are saying it.

I agree. Banter is all well and good. But posting just to get peoples back up is not. :)

As you were.