Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just thinking, if this new fella that city have just bought is costing 30m pounds how much does that make "The Beast " worth ?

yeh we just need to keep fingers crossed the injury hasn't taken too much out of him.

As i said before, Sandro and Kaboul will be like two new signings for us. Townsend too come to think of it.

You're putting words in Levy's mouth mate. Anyway....I still can't see this striker we are going to sign....

Early days smokes, the transfer window doesn't close until the 31st Aug thumbsup.gif if it wasn't for the previous years i'd say we're waiting for Baldini to come in and sort everything laugh.png

I was reading somewhere the other day that Levy trusts AVB a lot more with his money(his uncles money) than he did Harry biggrin.png

Spurs line up £7million transfer for Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/07/spurs-line-up-7million-transfer-for-bayern-munich-striker-mario-gomez-3832763/

Potentially a great signing - excellent games to goal ratio - reasonable price - 28 next month

A great value at that price. City supposedly in the running as well, but who knows ?blink.png

http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/07/spurs-line-up-7million-transfer-for-bayern-munich-striker-mario-gomez-3832763/

Potentially a great signing - excellent games to goal ratio - reasonable price - 28 next month

This is the only sensible deal I have seen so far for us.....how true it is I don't know but he looks a hell of a lot better than our current incumbents.

Just thinking, if this new fella that city have just bought is costing 30m pounds how much does that make "The Beast " worth ?

yeh we just need to keep fingers crossed the injury hasn't taken too much out of him.

As i said before, Sandro and Kaboul will be like two new signings for us. Townsend too come to think of it.

You're putting words in Levy's mouth mate. Anyway....I still can't see this striker we are going to sign....

Early days smokes, the transfer window doesn't close until the 31st Aug :thumbsup: if it wasn't for the previous years i'd say we're waiting for Baldini to come in and sort everything :lol:

I was reading somewhere the other day that Levy trusts AVB a lot more with his money(his uncles money) than he did Harry :D

HM Inland Revenue had their doubts too I seem to remember. But proven innocent.

This is the only sensible deal I have seen so far for us.....how true it is I don't know but he looks a hell of a lot better than our current incumbents.

He supposed to be a very good player, who I would have thought worth a lot more that 7 million. He's scored a lot of goals and is still just 28.............could be injury prone or something though, as price seems too cheap. I don't suppose Levy has tried a straight swap deal? wink.png

Edited by uptheos

He supposed to be a very good player, who I would have thought worth a lot more that 7 million. He's scored a lot of goals and is still just 28.............could be injury prone or something though, as price seems too cheap. I don't suppose Levy has tried a straight swap deal? wink.png

Gomez lost his starting position this season to the on fire Croat Mandzukic. Mandzukic will stay at Bayern, and they also might pick up Lewandowski. So, no room for Gomez. He's a proven goal scorer, and at the prices reported, quite the bargain I would think. Arguably a better option than Villa, or maybe not arguably. I think either of them would be a bonus for Spurs or Arsenal, and City and Liverpool could do worse as well. Another option would be Gonzalo Higuain from RM. Another proven goal scorer, though he missed a sitter last night and got sent off in Argentina's draw with Colombia. Juventus however thought to have the inside track there. Plus, likely he'll fetch between 15 and 20 mil.coffee1.gif

AVB should be telling any strikers our chances created ratio for an average game. The conversion rate is shocking.

Yes as it has been for atleast three of the last four seasons and all under the watchful eye of forwards coach, Sir Les Ferdinand.

So, being we are a club as tight as two coats of paint, can someone tell me why he is still employed? I never understood how he survived the cull when scrotum face went.

Dont think injuries an issue, think its what jelly dog said just a lot of comp at b .m , it aint unusual to pick up a snip when a new manager moves in, but yeah at 7 your right alfie sounds 2 cheap, especially 4 someone 5ish? years ago cost something like 30-5 mil? ,

a stumbling block could be he's reported to be on something like 8 mil a year!!!! good player though, i'de be happy wih hm at the lane.

He supposed to be a very good player, who I would have thought worth a lot more that 7 million. He's scored a lot of goals and is still just 28.............could be injury prone or something though, as price seems too cheap. I don't suppose Levy has tried a straight swap deal? ;)

Dont think injuries an issue, think its what jelly dog said just a lot of comp at b .m , it aint unusual to pick up a snip when a new manager moves in, but yeah at 7 your right alfie sounds 2 cheap, especially 4 someone 5ish? years ago cost something like 30-5 mil? ,

a stumbling block could be he's reported to be on something like 8 mil a year!!!! good player though, i'de be happy wih hm at the lane.

That's about £153,847 a week unless I've miscalculated. How does that compare with other top players in the PL?

7 million asking price sounds fishy.

He supposed to be a very good player, who I would have thought worth a lot more that 7 million. He's scored a lot of goals and is still just 28.............could be injury prone or something though, as price seems too cheap. I don't suppose Levy has tried a straight swap deal? ;)

Would you buy a used car that has depreciated that much? Depends what you need it for I suppose.

No room for him at BM doesn't mean he should go so cheap does it?

Just asking.

Maybe the game has moved on since Les was a player.

Up to AVB to sort it.

yeah tbh when ive listened to what les F has had to say, cant say i've been particularly impressed, good player but ......

Something of interest to Spurs fans.

I've just read Tottenham's official twitter has stopped following Adebayor. Have we sold him?

I bloody hope so! biggrin.png

Not sure. Three good games from him is probably more of a contribution than Defoes over the entire season! Scary...

Love it, change it, leave it.

Spurs need to get their act together if Carmine's criticisms are valid.

Personally, as a Chelsea fan, I would be sorry to see Spurs drift away.

To be fair its a criticism thats fairly universal. We all understand you don't spend money if you don't have it but you certainly don't downgrade a playing position to nick a few quid and its not as if he's been reinvesting much either.

He's probably going to lose out in the end when we do buy a striker through his previous petty penny pinching.

Were also sick of the last minute deadline day dealings. All this means is we start off unsettled at the start of the season and play catch up with settled sides who did their dealings early

• Like 1

Understood Carmine.

I wish the Spurs good fortune.

Thankyou.

Funny thing is, we won't struggle because we do have quality. For us its the huge frustration of knowing we're a couple of top quality signings short to compete at the top. The major reason that Bale can go next year with my blessing would be if Levy doesn't make a statement of the clubs ambition in this summers t/f window

No doubt Bale sees this and is watching and waiting as well.

This summer will tell us whether the chairman and his uncle have any interest in challenging for the top three places or not.

If dross comes in and Bale leaves we will have our answer.

It's not easy for Tottenham. City, United, Chelsea have more cash. Arsenal have some too by the sound of it. There is also support for Arsene from the boss.

Everton, Liverpool pushing from behind.

Tricky for the Levy's.