Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well , i was lookin g for an article in the indie that was about psg talking to vbs agent and activating the, 10 mil release clause !!!

but then i found this,

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/psg-may-look-to-appoint-andre-villasboas-on-shortterm-deal-while-they-wait-for-arsene-wenger-8662068.html

frankly this article just sounds bizarre .

Well , i was lookin g for an article in the indie that was about psg talking to vbs agent and activating the, 10 mil release clause !!!

but then i found this,

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/psg-may-look-to-appoint-andre-villasboas-on-shortterm-deal-while-they-wait-for-arsene-wenger-8662068.html

frankly this article just sounds bizarre .

Doesn't it just! They are claiming that PSG will pay a 10m release clause to appoint a "short term" manager whilst they wait for Arsene Wenger. smile.png

Hope AVB and Gareth stay.... There's a better life for them in the Premiership. At around this time I start spouting comments like.... 'Yeah title contenders this year'. But this year I think we really are in with a shout, especially with Utd and City understandably unsettled for a while. Chelsea might be slow out of the blocks too. And the others are just Arse!

Paulinho and Bernard, will they be our new Ardiles and Villa ?

I think you'll find that Ardiles was a bit bigger than Bernard. biggrin.png

Paulinho is a defensive central midfielder and Bernard an attacking midfielder....what's happening about a striker?

Paulinho is a defensive central midfielder and Bernard an attacking midfielder....what's happening about a striker?

To be fair ups, i think Paulinho is more of a box to box but i'm not too sure that that is what we need and Bernard, well iv'e never been fond of midgets rolleyes.gif

Ardiles is three inches taller than Bernard for what its worth.

Following on from that i think it would be unbelievably stupid to be strengthening our midfield before buying a goal scorer. Mindyou Levy sold Van Der Vaart and replaced him with Dempsey so nothing would surprise me. i was always under to illusion the object of a transfer window was to improve your squad not weaken it

• Like 1

Not so sure on that one alfie, at the time it seemed like signing them were ground breakers, but now giving a couple of locals a debut might be seen more as groundbreaking coffee1.gif and the newbie ish fans will have to go some to beat the atmospheric ticker tape welcome they got that night at the lane, some night huh, smile.png

Sky Italy claim this evening that Fabio Capello will be announced as the new Paris Saint Germain coach on Wednesday.

This will finally free up Carlo Ancelotti to take over at Real Madrid, in a move that has been mooted for weeks now.

In recent days, reports suggested Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas had been offered the PSG coaching job but the Portuguese boss preferred to stay at White Hart Lane.

PSG will pay the Russian Football Federation 3 million euros for breaking Capello’s contract – the Italian has only agreed a one-year deal.

Which leaves the door open for Arsene Wenger to take over at PSG in one years’ time.

Wenger’s current deal at the Emirates expires at the end of next season.

Sky Italy claim this evening that Fabio Capello will be announced as the new Paris Saint Germain coach on Wednesday.

This will finally free up Carlo Ancelotti to take over at Real Madrid, in a move that has been mooted for weeks now.

In recent days, reports suggested Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas had been offered the PSG coaching job but the Portuguese boss preferred to stay at White Hart Lane.

PSG will pay the Russian Football Federation 3 million euros for breaking Capello’s contract – the Italian has only agreed a one-year deal.

Which leaves the door open for Arsene Wenger to take over at PSG in one years’ time.

I don't know. Capello to work with Ibra and the rest of the PSG high priced boys ? Capello ? Doesn't seem like a good fit. Looks like PSG was hellbent to hire a high profile manager regardless of chemistry to me.

• Like 1

He'll do well with psg. Cant see wenger leaving arsenal though.

Never rated Capello. As for Wenger the sooner he pops off home the better!

He'll do well with psg. Cant see wenger leaving arsenal though.

Never rated Capello. As for Wenger the sooner he pops off home the better!

Can't go along with that. His record at club level speaks for itself. Tremendous record too for England in qualifiers.

I think too many people, predominantly English remember him for the poor job he did in the last world cup but theres a lot more to him than that. he just seemed to loose the plot for three weeks

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE FIXTURE LIST 2013-14

Sat Aug 17 Crystal Palace A

Sat Aug 24 Swansea City H

Sat Aug 31 Arsenal A

Sat Sep 14 Norwich City H

Sat Sep 21 Cardiff City A

Wed Sep 25 Capital One Cup 3

Sat Sep 28 Chelsea H

Sat Oct 5 West Ham United H

Sat Oct 19 Aston Villa A

Sat Oct 26 Hull City H

Wed Oct 30 Capital One Cup 4

Sat Nov 2 Everton A

Sat Nov 9 Newcastle United H F.A. Cup 1

Sat Nov 23 Manchester City A

Sat Nov 30 Manchester United H

Wed Dec 4 Fulham A

Sat Dec 7 Sunderland A F.A. Cup 2

Sat Dec 14 Liverpool H

Wed Dec 18 Capital One Cup 5

Sat Dec 21 Southampton A

Thu Dec 26 West Bromwich Albion H

Sat Dec 28 Stoke City H

Wed Jan 1 Manchester United A

Sat Jan 4 F.A. Cup 3

Wed Jan 8 Capital One Cup Semi-Final (1)

Sat Jan 11 Crystal Palace H

Sat Jan 18 Swansea City A

Wed Jan 22 Capital One Cup Semi-Final (2)

Sat Jan 25 F.A. Cup 4

Wed Jan 29 Manchester City H

Sat Feb 1 Hull City A

Sat Feb 8 Everton H

Wed Feb 12 Newcastle United A

Sat Feb 15 F.A. Cup 5

Sat Feb 22 Norwich City A

Sat Mar 1 Cardiff City H

Sun Mar 2 Capital One Cup Final

Sat Mar 8 Chelsea A F.A. Cup 6

Sat Mar 15 Arsenal H

Sat Mar 22 Southampton H

Sat Mar 29 Liverpool A

Sat Apr 5 Sunderland H

Sat Apr 12 West Bromwich Albion A F.A. Cup Semi-Final

Sat Apr 19 Fulham H

Sat Apr 26 Stoke City A

Sat May 3 West Ham United A

Sun May 11 Aston Villa H

Sat May 17 F.A. Cup Final

All fixtures are subject to change...

I don't know. Capello to work with Ibra and the rest of the PSG high priced boys ? Capello ? Doesn't seem like a good fit. Looks like PSG was hellbent to hire a high profile manager regardless of chemistry to me.

Sven?

(Nah. Ended up in China. Never mind the quality feel the width).

Can't go along with that. His record at club level speaks for itself. Tremendous record too for England in qualifiers.

I think too many people, predominantly English remember him for the poor job he did in the last world cup but theres a lot more to him than that. he just seemed to loose the plot for three weeks

Yeah spot on carmine, not that i'll ever quite forgive or forget the ridiculous way he handled that tournament, but his qualifying record was superb and his club record was amazing, tbh at one time I wouldn't have been unhappy to see him at spurs, wages would have been an issue i would imaginethumbsup.gif , I dont know whose picking the coach's @psg but got to give it to them so far they've got it right on the button.

Yeah spot on carmine, not that i'll ever quite forgive or forget the ridiculous way he handled that tournament, but his qualifying record was superb and his club record was amazing, tbh at one time I wouldn't have been unhappy to see him at spurs, wages would have been an issue i would imagine:thumbsup: , I dont know whose picking the coach's @psg but got to give it to them so far they've got it right on the button.

You are taking the piss aren't you? Losing the plot for three weeks! Pretty <deleted> crucial those 3 weeks were though weren't they.

Also he's a non inspirational manager. FA are pretty damn skilled at appointing people like that as we all know.

• Like 1

yep the fa arnt the greatest and thats being kind, but you cant argue with capellos record,

seria a 8 times with 3 clubs, la liga twice, champions league once, and various other cups,.nt bad for an unisprational coach, IN FACT not many

around that are better than that !!!!

just shame he got it all wrong in the tournaments for England..

Edited by rijit

Yeah spot on carmine, not that i'll ever quite forgive or forget the ridiculous way he handled that tournament, but his qualifying record was superb and his club record was amazing, tbh at one time I wouldn't have been unhappy to see him at spurs, wages would have been an issue i would imagine:thumbsup: , I dont know whose picking the coach's @psg but got to give it to them so far they've got it right on the button.

You are taking the piss aren't you? Losing the plot for three weeks! Pretty <deleted> crucial those 3 weeks were though weren't they.

Also he's a non inspirational manager. FA are pretty dam_n skilled at appointing people like that as we all know.

yep the fa arnt the greatest and thats being kind, but you cant argue with capellos record,

seria a 8 times with 3 clubs, la liga twice, champions league once, and various other cups,.nt bad for an unisprational coach, IN FACT not many

around that are better than that !!!!

just shame he got it all wrong in the tournaments for England..

He made stupid decisions in the world cup but lets face it, did it matter? After all, we were totally inferior in every department to at least six other teams in that tournament. No, it was just irritating thats all, especially seeing him substitute a dog average player and replace him with Shaun Wright-Philips. Add to that having to listen to the kids utter pillock of a father in the commentary room talking his usual crap.

I loathed that last world cup from start to finish

So Franco Baldini was Capello's assistant at the FA. Any views on his appointment?

I remain critical of Capello despite his excellent track record. It is interesting he never came in for any of the Premiership jobs this time around. Looks like he is to remain in Russia for now, having reportedly turned down PSG.

In my view any England manager should take up a dynamic leadership role for the English game at the grass roots level, at the youth level, at every level. Capello (and Baldini) did not (in all fairness probably not in their job spec) and as a result the England team is still in the doldrums. Not exclusively his fault I know, but he could have done a lot more for the development of the English game and therefore the England team for the future.

And as for his performance at the World Cup..... Don't get me started on that......shameful!

Inferior? totally disagree we were amongst the favs No one wanted to draw.then came the tournament !!! cappelo totally 100% misgauged it he took a tired and battered bunch that desperatly needed touch of R&R to get overj a demanding prem what did hedo ? THE complete opposite took away their mobiles.no gfs and trained their nuts of hard for 2? weeks.english people dont do dictiral well.i think thought it worked and works 4 the Italians,why not! he soon found out.bet if you got him in private he admit 2 getting it 100% wrong.anyways still struggling with this predictive text on my mobile !

Inferior? totally disagree we were amongst the favs No one wanted to draw.then came the tournament !!! cappelo totally 100% misgauged it he took a tired and battered bunch that desperatly needed touch of R&R to get overj a demanding prem what did hedo ? THE complete opposite took away their mobiles.no gfs and trained their nuts of hard for 2? weeks.english people dont do dictiral well.i think thought it worked and works 4 the Italians,why not! he soon found out.bet if you got him in private he admit 2 getting it 100% wrong.anyways still struggling with this predictive text on my mobile !