Tottenham Thread

chonabot

The youtube link at the bottom of that article had me salivating....Soldado would be a perfect fit.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdOQ66PS2Vg&feature=player_embedded

Much quicker in every sense than the lumbering Adebayor!

But you already only have to pay Ade's wages....no extra outlay. I think it will be the dynamic duo again......cheap. wink.png

That would be ridiculous. Even Levy must be able to see that.

Specsavers please!!!! tongue.png

• Like 1

The more I think about it the more I think Levy is a plank.

Spurs are on the cusp of CL footie and have one of the best players in the world in their team. He has an option to buy a proven PL scorer wanting to play for Spurs that had youth on his side. So for the sake of £5m (if reports are true) he doesn't get him and will have probably put doubts of the clubs ambition into Bale.

So now the plan is to go for a 28 year old unproven PL striker, that maybe a similar price??

IMO Benteke would have been the perfect choice for Spurs to break into the top 4. Now they just look like the same old Spurs.

• Like 2

Yes he is Alfredo.....the talk amongst ourselves is about the possibility of moving Bale into CF....possibly buying a quality left winger and going with the three strikers in that way.

I would prefer someone who plays just CF but its a decent option.

+1

Bale as cf with a winger either side and Pauliniho in behind sounds like good sense.

Sounds Barmy to meblink.png

Bale is world class doing what he does best.

He is not and never will be a centre forward

Spurs are on the cusp of CL footie and have one of the best players in the world in their team. He has an option to buy a proven PL scorer wanting to play for Spurs that had youth on his side. So for the sake of £5m (if reports are true) he doesn't get him and will have probably put doubts of the clubs ambition into Bale.

So now the plan is to go for a 28 year old unproven PL striker, that maybe a similar price??

IMO Benteke would have been the perfect choice for Spurs to break into the top 4. Now they just look like the same old Spurs.

Turn the clock back 12 months.

I had the exact same comments on here concerning players that Spurs were supposedly after.

This year is even worse, because they have improved and they just needed that final piece. So what if they were overpaying for Benteke, he is what they needed.

Levy is not a stupid man. I believe they have the money. Bentekes wages would have been on par with what they are paying Defoe, and significantly less than Adebayortongue.png . Benteke said he wanted to go to Spurs. He put in a transfer request. All the ducks were lined up. Yet Uncle Daniel manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

As I see it there are not that many alternatives...... Soldado maybe. Darren Bent?

Why oh why does Daniel do it?

And sorry, I say it again... Bale is NOT and never will be a centre forward. You would be taking your most effective and destructive player and playing him completely out of position. Madness!!

• Like 1

Yes he is Alfredo.....the talk amongst ourselves is about the possibility of moving Bale into CF....possibly buying a quality left winger and going with the three strikers in that way.

I would prefer someone who plays just CF but its a decent option.

+1

Bale as cf with a winger either side and Pauliniho in behind sounds like good sense.

Sounds Barmy to meblink.png

Bale is world class doing what he does best.

He is not and never will be a centre forward

I'm with ya Jack. An act of desperation. Just buy some half ass striker and be done with it. Lotsa clubs do it. Its not that hard !facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I had the exact same comments on here concerning players that Spurs were supposedly after.

This year is even worse, because they have improved and they just needed that final piece. So what if they were overpaying for Benteke, he is what they needed.

Levy is not a stupid man. I believe they have the money. Bentekes wages would have been on par with what they are paying Defoe, and significantly less than Adebayortongue.png . Benteke said he wanted to go to Spurs. He put in a transfer request. All the ducks were lined up. Yet Uncle Daniel manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

As I see it there are not that many alternatives...... Soldado maybe. Darren Bent?

And sorry, I say it again... Bale is NOT and never will be a centre forward. You would be taking your most effective and destructive player and playing him completely out of position. Madness!!

Squad player or first choice? biggrin.png

I think 99.9% of spurs supporters see it the same way, the 0.1% being Mr Levy !

Just heard some sad news "carms will not be posting again until we sign a new centre forward"sad.png

I understand he's not shaving and has taken a vow of chastity as well. In that order.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png Is Rijit on board as well ?whistling.gif

Edited by jellydog

Just heard some sad news "carms will not be posting again until we sign a new centre forward"sad.png

I understand he's not shaving and has taking a vow of chastity as well. In that order.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png Is Rijit on board as well ?whistling.gif

They're just reviewing their starting line up format.

• Like 1

I understand he's not shaving and has taking a vow of chastity as well. In that order.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.png Is Rijit on board as well ?whistling.gif

Can't talk for Rijit, thank christ biggrin.png

• Like 1

Being as Levy obviously doesn't want to pay more than 15m for a forward, why didn't we take a gamble on one of these :

Heung-Min Son 8m

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 10-15m

Wilfried Bony 12m

Van Wolfswinkel 8-10m

The ITK lot reckon 22m was offered for Benteke. But what the hell do they know. It's all speculative BS until an official press release.

Being as Levy obviously doesn't want to pay more than 15m for a forward, why didn't we take a gamble on one of these :

Heung-Min Son 8m

Wilfried Bony 12m

Van Wolfswinkel 8-10m

The Aubameyang dude has already been signed by Dortmund.

Heung-Min Son 8m

Wilfried Bony 12m

Van Wolfswinkel 8-10m

I have mentioned No 2 on the list, several times on this thread.

He ended up going to Dortmund, I think

PS Sorry didnt see jellydogs post

Edited by JacknDanny