Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Well thats another midfielder signed, obviously going to be playing with no forward next season facepalm.gif

Chadli is a good signing...far better than last season's nonsense.

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

Is this the guy all Spurs fans have been raving about for a long time?

Did well to get him before other big teams snapped him up. biggrin.png

"Rival Premier League clubs Swansea and Aston Villa have also shown interest in Chadli’s services, who has dual citizenship having played in a friendly for Morocco before choosing to commit to Belgium, the country of his birth".

Edited by uptheos

Well thats another midfielder signed, obviously going to be playing with no forward next season facepalm.gif

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

"Rival Premier League clubs Swansea and Aston Villa have also shown interest in Chadli’s services, who has dual citizenship having played in a friendly for Morocco before choosing to commit to Belgium, the country of his birth".

I reckon that article was written by Singher.

This one has AVB written all over it.....Chadli is pacy and will fit well into the team....Townsend has done just OK but this lad is way ahead of him.

If we get a decent striker in then its great business....if we don't then its going to look very foolish indeed.

Edit: How many bloody midfielders do we have now? Insane!

Really? Way ahead of Townsend? How many times have you seen Chadli play? And unproven in this league which Townsend certainly is not having played outstandingly well for QPR.

Like i said, unless he's a world beater its wasted money to pacify the masses whilst copping out from the real issue of spending the big bucks on what we really need, a top drawer striker.

Under the circumstances Chadli is a ridiculous buy.

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

None of us have been raving about him as i'm aware. We have though been discussing on here the need for a striker over the past twelve months

This one has AVB written all over it.....Chadli is pacy and will fit well into the team....Townsend has done just OK but this lad is way ahead of him.

If we get a decent striker in then its great business....if we don't then its going to look very foolish indeed.

Edit: How many bloody midfielders do we have now? Insane!

Really? Way ahead of Townsend? How many times have you seen Chadli play? And unproven in this league which Townsend certainly is not having played outstandingly well for QPR.

Like i said, unless he's a world beater its wasted money to pacify the masses whilst copping out from the real issue of spending the big bucks on what we really need, a top drawer striker.

Under the circumstances Chadli is a ridiculous buy.

Clearly AVB doesn't fancy Townsend mate. I've seen no ore of Chadli than anyone else...the games against us and half a dozen youtube vids.

He's certainly a massive improvement over sticking Dempsey or Holtby on the left and hoping for the best.

I hear what you are saying....unless we get a striker as well its an insane signing.

Wait and hope.

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

None of us have been raving about him as i'm aware. We have though been discussing on here the need for a striker over the past twelve months

Since before the Blackpool game...and if it wasn't apparent after that then they need their specs fixing.

I'm not saying you do, I'm saying it hasn't been Levy's style to pump money into the club. Do you think he has a change of heart?

If he doesn'r buy a very decent striker and cannot see the potential this side would have with a very decent striker then i wish he and his uncle would <deleted> off and sell us to someone that would show some ambition.

I'm starting to think their only real reason for holding onto the club is to get the Northumberland Park project pushed through to fatten us up for sale. Lets hope they prove me wrong!!!

Doesn't take a genius to see how formidable this side, plus a top striker would look in a 4-3-3.

Although lacking in experience to win the league we'd be a match for anyone, home or away.

• Like 2

We still need a striker.

COYS. wai2.gif

"Chadli initially attracted attention from Spurs when he scored at White Hart Lane in the Champions League three years ago, when Tottenham and FC Twente met in the group stages. He went on to score again when the two sides met in Holland, leaving a lasting memory on the Spurs hierarchy".

OK I accept you're not the Spurs hierarchy. wink.png

Edited by uptheos

the window has not yet closed.

AVB must know carmine is right surely?

Its hardly just me is it!!!!

Surely Levy must have a striker deal up his sleeve mustn't he?

I think he's about spent his limit,.......unless he sells.

He has already made a record signing....can't see him making another.

Sorry to say for the Spurs supporters, but that's the way it looks to me as well. Levy has not shown any commitment to purchase a striker in the transfer season to this point. All the talk about the likes of Benteke and Villa appear to have been the usual media speculation. I think its telling that, to my memory, neither Levy or AVB have been quoted as having a particular striker in mind. As in, "we're going after so and so" or "so and so would really fit in with what we are trying to accomplish here".

I think Levy is comfortable with making certain that Bale doesn't leave and the signing of Paulinho. The new guy is a sour cherry on top.

Sorry to say for the Spurs supporters, but that's the way it looks to me as well. Levy has not shown any commitment to purchase a striker in the transfer season to this point. All the talk about the likes of Benteke and Villa appear to have been the usual media speculation. I think its telling that, to my memory, neither Levy or AVB have been quoted as having a particular striker in mind. As in, "we're going after so and so" or "so and so would really fit in with what we are trying to accomplish here".

I think Levy is comfortable with making certain that Bale doesn't leave and the signing of Paulinho. The new guy is a sour cherry on top.

They never discuss buying anyone until the deal is done.

We are not Chavski. wink.png

Plenty of time yet. facepalm.gif

Profuse apologies offered Smokes.tongue.png Not Chavski indeed.

Possibly Levy could send out some smoke signals ? Snail mail ? Crop duster ?thumbsup.gif

There is an answer to the question of whether we will spend £25m on a striker. carmine has already faced down said question judging by his responses today.

I prefer to wait until the end of August. facepalm.gif

Edited by smokie36

Profuse apologies offered Smokes.tongue.png Not Chavski indeed.

Possibly Levy could send out some smoke signals ? Snail mail ? Crop duster ?thumbsup.gif

There is an answer to the question of whether we will spend £25m on a striker. carmine has already faced down said question judging by his responses today.

I prefer to wait until the end of August. facepalm.gif

There will be no one worth having at the end of august. Plus the fact, why do we have to wait untill three matches into the season every time and play catch up with the others. Its so unprofessional and stupid. Arthur Daley business methodology is all this last minute nick a deal crap

and btw Smokie, i'm not uptight, i'm discussing the stupidity of it allthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I know it's only The Mirror, but rumour of another midfielder, more expensive than Paulinho?

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas wants Wigan midfield star James McCarthy - and is looking to offer his pal Owen Coyle cash plus players.

Spurs are still keen on midfield machine McCarthy despite landing Brazilian Paulinho and they are trying to sort out a fee.

However Tottenham are unwilling to pay Wigan's £20million valuation and are going to try to put fringe men into the deal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-offer-2073292?

I know it's only The Mirror, but rumour of another midfielder, more expensive than Paulinho?

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas wants Wigan midfield star James McCarthy - and is looking to offer his pal Owen Coyle cash plus players.

Spurs are still keen on midfield machine McCarthy despite landing Brazilian Paulinho and they are trying to sort out a fee.

However Tottenham are unwilling to pay Wigan's £20million valuation and are going to try to put fringe men into the deal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-offer-2073292?

That is just ridiculous. coffee1.gif

Keep the silly stuff for the rumours thread ups.

That is just ridiculous. coffee1.gif

Keep the silly stuff for the rumours thread ups.

Perhaps there should be a "total load of <deleted>" threadbiggrin.png Laughable nonsense again by the Mirror

make carmine right on the townsend situ, he should have been brought back and given games . all i kept hearing from qpr games at the end of the season was' townsend outstanding' ,or mom! i've got a bad feeling we're gonna let him slip through our fingers and and continue 2 wedge out. the ridiculous thing townsend perfect cover, 2 footed, this guys predomm', a righty and he's one of our own <deleted>. ah well it's a done deal lets hope hope he steps up and delivers.

I think I've sussed it out. Spurs are hot to imitate Barcelona. Midfielders out the wazoo, tiki taka football with Bale as a false #9.

I'm only half kidding.smile.png

neither Levy or AVB have been quoted as having a particular striker in mind. As in, "we're going after so and so" or "so and so would really fit in with what we are trying to accomplish here".

Oh yeah, of course they're going to come out and tell all and sundry who they are after and there plans, don't be so naive jd facepalm.gif

neither Levy or AVB have been quoted as having a particular striker in mind. As in, "we're going after so and so" or "so and so would really fit in with what we are trying to accomplish here".

Oh yeah, of course they're going to come out and tell all and sundry who they are after and there plans, don't be so naive jd facepalm.gif

I was only thinking of you poor suffering Spurs fans Alfie. Beating the airwaves and the online media for a scrap of information to help your damaged souls rest a little easier. Rarely anything to show for your efforts. I feel your pain, and as my gawdawful sister in law says, "I'm only trying to help".wai2.gif

I was only thinking of you poor suffering Spurs fans Alfie. Beating the airwaves and the online media for a scrap of information to help your damaged souls rest a little easier. Rarely anything to show for your efforts. I feel your pain, and as my gawdawful sister in law says, "I'm only trying to help".wai2.gif

If you was only thinking of us jd then i apologize profusely biggrin.png

Tottenham touched down in Hong Kong on Monday morning with three new signings on board – sadly for Spurs fans, they all belonged to Manchester City. Strikers Alvaro Negredo, Stevan Jovetic and winger Jesus Navas hitched a lift to the Far East for this week’s Barclays Asia Trophy. And just to emphasise City’s wealth of attacking options, David Silva came along for the ride as well. ...

@footballtshirtuk

Singher piss off biggrin.png

• Like 2