Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Interested to hear what you think of Soldado as a signing chaps?

For me the only thing going against him is his age. He's quick and agile and reads the game very well.....in fact everything Adebayor isn't and sharp enough to keep up with the lightning speed of our attack at times.

Would be nice to see a finishing touch to the brilliant work up play.

Bump.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but it looks like you may be passing on Soldado too. (Admittedly its not from one of Rijiits accepted sources (Guardian/Independent/BBC) . But its from London Evening Standard.thumbsup.gif

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/spurs-face-being-trumped-liverpool-soldado-3970468#.Ue4eL6xXuy4

For me the only thing going against him is his age. He's quick and agile and reads the game very well.....in fact everything Adebayor isn't and sharp enough to keep up with the lightning speed of our attack at times.

Bump.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but it looks like you may be passing on Soldado too. (Admittedly its not from one of Rijiits accepted sources (Guardian/Independent/BBC) . But its from London Evening Standard.thumbsup.gif

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/spurs-face-being-trumped-liverpool-soldado-3970468#.Ue4eL6xXuy4

I love your source....the Standard is now handed out free.....that is cos its crap. biggrin.png

Just picked this up

On Monday afternoon Fran Guaita of Cadena Ser reported that one Franco Baldini had landed in Valencia to begin talks over star striker Roberto Soldado.

Tottenham are in the market for a goalscoring striker to take some of the pressure off Welsh superstar Gareth Bale.

According to numerous Spanish media outlets , Baldini was in Valencia to begin talks with Soldados agent over a possible £25 million move to White Hart Lane.

The 28 year old former Real Madrid man wants to sort his future out before the season begins and it seems Spurs are ready to take action.

Probably old news...... if so apologies

Just picked this up

On Monday afternoon Fran Guaita of Cadena Ser reported that one Franco Baldini had landed in Valencia to begin talks over star striker Roberto Soldado.

Tottenham are in the market for a goalscoring striker to take some of the pressure off Welsh superstar Gareth Bale.

According to numerous Spanish media outlets , Baldini was in Valencia to begin talks with Soldados agent over a possible £25 million move to White Hart Lane.

The 28 year old former Real Madrid man wants to sort his future out before the season begins and it seems Spurs are ready to take action.

Now that you mention Baldini, not a lot has been said of Lamela at Roma. Very good strike rate and a young player too that Baldini knows well from his time at the club. If he rates the lad i'm going to presume we are in contact.

And respect to Spurs posters...none of you have mentioned a certain Brazillian striker from Internacionalbiggrin.png

Spanish press are reporting a deal is all but done for Soldado.

Make what you will of that....http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2013/07/22/valencia-tottenham-negocian-soldado/202497.html

biggrin.png

Our smokes nbeats the english press, now there's a scoop !!!!!biggrin.png

twhats the the cred of that 'newspaper' smokes, ? but if its got any legs the british hound dogs wont be far behind

6 mil less then benteka and hopefully the finished article

negs,,,,,, he's 28 and that's legit, unfortunatelybiggrin.png

So you get him for three years and sell him on at a loss at 31+

Benteke (with or without a birth certificate) at 6 million more would have been a better long term buy IMO.....time will tell.

It appears both clubs are haggling between 26-30 mil Euros for Soldano, with the Valencia president saying he's standing firm.

Note: Maybe they will have to pay what they wouldn't for Benteke.

Just picked this up

Now that you mention Baldini, not a lot has been said of Lamela at Roma. Very good strike rate and a young player too that Baldini knows well from his time at the club. If he rates the lad i'm going to presume we are in contact.

And respect to Spurs posters...none of you have mentioned a certain Brazillian striker from Internacionalbiggrin.png

Forlan ?

Just picked this up

Forlan ?

Nah, he's from Uraguay!wink.png

Just picked this up

A big talent is Lamela. He played more as an attacking midfielder in Argentina, but he's more of a forward now, though I don't think a dyed in the wool forward. He hasn't played much for the Argentina NT given the competition of Messi, Aguero and Higuain, but he's a definite up and comer.

He might be too pretty for Spurs though. Looks wise I think he would fit better with Arsenal.wink.png

Just picked this up

Forlan ?

Nah, he's from Uraguay!wink.png

But playing for Inter in Porto Alegre now Carmine.wink.png

Bump.

When does anyone ever pick the bindippers over us nowadays whistling.gif

Bump.

When does anyone ever pick the bindippers over us nowadays whistling.gif

Well to be honest we are quite happy they didn't as all ended up being a bag of sh*te or a flash in the pan once they turned out for you. Maybe that's got more to do with effect of pulling on the chicken badge shirt tongue.png

Edited by BangrakBob

Yes he is but i did say Brazillian striker and Diego is still Uraguayan right?

A misunderstanding of your original post.

But Carmine, its "Uruguayan". Don't ask me how to pronounce it correctly ! Its a tongue twister.biggrin.png

Just picked this up

Yep. I've seen a few mentions of Damiao carmine.

Just picked this up

Yep. I've seen a few mentions of Damiao carmine.

Never heard of him SP, any good is he ?

Edited by alfieconn

Yep.

Shedloads of money and the game becomes easy.

Until you find yourself competing with another club who have got shed loads of money.

Then it comes right back down to........football.

Whose the best manager. Whose got the best team.

Carmine says straight fight between city and the chavs.

Personally I would prefer Spurs on the chavs arse.

Why? Don't know. just feels better.

yeah what happened to damio , was out of the Brazilian squad as well ,injured ? and seems we're

near a deal

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/23/tottenham-roberto-soldado-valencia

So Rijiit, your source that you rely on is The Guardian.

I will go out on a limb and say its <deleted>xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png

If Levy aint prepared to pay 25 for Benteke, I cant see him paying 27 for Soldado.

But maybe The Guardian knows something I dont know. Lets see.

yeah what happened to damio , was out of the Brazilian squad as well ,injured ? and seems we're

near a deal

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/23/tottenham-roberto-soldado-valencia

I will go out on a limb and say its <deleted>xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png

If Levy aint prepared to pay 25 for Benteke, I cant see him paying 27 for Soldado.

So what are you trying to say Jackie, Baldini just flew over for a jolly? And the Valencia Board meeting is routine? Lol. Maybe you know nothing. Maybe your thought process is <deleted>. Your posts are good for a larf though..... So thanks for cheering us up as we wait for the good news.

• Like 1

near a deal

So what are you trying to say Jackie, Baldini just flew over for a jolly? And the Valencia Board meeting is routine? Lol. Maybe you know nothing. Maybe your thought process is <deleted>. Your posts are good for a larf though..... So thanks for cheering us up as we wait for the good news.

Well as I see it, carmine is the only one of you Spurs lads who is not seriously delusional.

How do you know the Valencia Board is meeting? Just paper talk.

Seriously why would he pay 27mill for a 28 yr old, when he could have paid less for a 23/24 yr old?????

I say it aint gonna happen. So lets see!!

Yes they will huff and puff about a deal almost being done, but I believe Liverpool will sell Suarez and then pay the 27-30 mill (whichever figure you believe) to Valencia for the release clause. Meanwhile Baldini will be stuck around 19-20 million, waiting for Valencia to bucklelaugh.png

If I am wrong, then please feel free to take the p!ss.

Likewise I will do the same. You were wrong about Benteke, right about your left winger, wrong about Bernard, and I believe wrong about Soldado.

We will never be on their arse i'll have you know laugh.png

Chances are you will finish behind Chelsea in the EPL.

No disrespect.

JellyDog presses the like button. Easy.

JackD continues to press the 'we've got more money than you button'

We will never be on their arse i'll have you know laugh.png

Chances are you will finish behind Chelsea in the EPL.

No disrespect.

JellyDog presses the like button. Easy.

JackD continues to press the 'we've got more money than you button'

What are you going on about?

Where have I related this to City?blink.pngblink.png

I will relate it to City.... last season. Why did we not make any big signings? Wasnt the money. We didnt try hard enough. Writng was on the wall for Mancini, therefore didnt get what he asked for.... nothing to do with money. I knew at an early stage that we were not going to get who we wanted/needed. Therefore I didnt keep posting every 5 minutes about ANOTHER transfer, which was obviously not going to materialise.

This year we have got who we wanted, and we can sit back and relax.

Please show me where, I am trying to shove it up the Spurs fans about 'we've got more money than you'

That I leave to the chelsea fanswink.png

near a deal

I must say JD it really doesn't make sense to me not to buy Benteke and then offering more for a 28 year old.

I think Benteke would have been a very good investment and the fact Villa want to keep him instead of grabbing the money, suggests that they rate him very highly. Maybe the Duke of Cambridge was influential in the deal? wink.png