Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just before all you fantasists jump on the band wagon again, here is a quote from AVB explaining why Bale will not play v Sunderland today.

"Unfortunately against Sunderland he won't be fit to play, he's recovering from a knock he had in training so we expect him hopefully to have some involvement in the second game."

COYS

Chic Coq, I see the gooners have raised their bid for the biter to 40m, and the scouse idiots have turned it you down. Do you think the Frenchy will up the bid?

Edited by iancnx

soldado, benteke both had issues not the least of which was, imo they were both overly expensive, tbh i'll be more irritated if remy signs for someone else, cos they've done a little bit of research? and maybe know something our club doesn't? @under 10, relative to other available strikers he's the' 'bang on' value for money signing of the window .

Edited by rijit

soldado, benteke both had issues not the least of which was, imo they were both overly expensive, tbh i'll be more irritated if remy signs for someone else, cos they've done a little bit of research? and maybe know something our club doesn't? @under 10, relative to other available strikers he's the' 'bang on' value for money signing of the window .

If only it were possible to write in a clause 'contract void if convicted'.

Apparently we are going to sign him Rij once Daniel sorts out his day release from nick !

i know the charges e ct ect!!!! but we're assuming the worst .it's been already said that there's a50/50 chance conviction with even that the complexion ofit changes

and ian ,why not have clause saying subject to ,,,,, they have them for work permits so why not this ,get the briefs on it,shouldn't be 2 difficult,even 4 them @under 10 he's 2good a buy 2 lose 2 semantics

Edited by rijit

i know the charges e ct ect!!!! but we're assuming the worst .it's been already said that there's a50/50 chance conviction with even that the complexion ofit changes

and ian ,why not have clause saying subject to ,,,,, they have them for work permits so why not this ,get the briefs on it,shouldn't be 2 difficult,even 4 them @under 10 he's 2good a buy 2 lose 2 semantics

Agreed rijit, if we could get him for 8 or even 6 it will be a good bit of business. Looks like Baldini has been sent home empty handed, and depressingly looks like the gooners have their greasy little mitts on Bernard....... Still I am keeping the faith. By the end of September I am looking for us to be 9 points ahead. COYS

I think the reasoning would be that with or without a clause, yes in the worst case we would get our money back but we would still be short of a player so really that wouldn't be a solution either.

Better to go for a player that you know will be able to play for you.

I think the reasoning would be that with or without a clause, yes in the worst case we would get our money back but we would still be short of a player so really that wouldn't be a solution either.

I would rather we play Defoe every week than sign a rapist.....and yes I know he is innocent until proven guilty etc.

I would rather we play Defoe every week than sign a rapist.....and yes I know he is innocent until proven guilty etc.

If guilty I agree with you 100%, I'd rather play a man short...........oops, you already said that. wink.png

• Like 2

Has anyone sussed out viewing for the Sunderland match in HK. I think KO is 1700 hrs?

CTH are now broadcasting a premiership advertising perpetual 'loop' on BPL ch 1-5. Interestingly BPL6 is coming up as Arena6 still with a testcard. Wondering if ch6 might be HK coverage....... On the CTH schedule website BPL6 is shown as an option for the first time.... But no program details.

http://www.cth.co.th/schedule/

You need to select the drop down menus on the left. Select sports and BPL6 is shown. Curious.

Has anyone sussed out viewing for the Sunderland match in HK. I think KO is 1700 hrs?

From BB

Posted Yesterday, 14:59

Premier league Asia trophy on Thai tv channel 3 and 7, so I've been informed.
Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

From BB

Posted Yesterday, 14:59

Premier league Asia trophy on Thai tv channel 3 and 7, so I've been informed.

Thanks Alfie....good to go.

Just watched Benteke's Villa on the news get a 2-0 thumping by LUTON..... Glad we didn't buy him!

That is NON league Luton.... Funny as <deleted>.

Perhaps we'll put a 10m offer in for him biggrin.png

I never really thought much of Benteke...but there you go.

carmine will probably crucify me now for preferring Soldado.....I just think he is the finished article. Give me three/four years of that than the next Bentley.

Soldado is more of a Ferrari. tongue.png

I wonder which BS headline is gonna challenge us today? Hopefully Redruns is on his own thread trying to dissect their 3-2 defeat..... Oh and he will be trying to understand the Moyes press conference where he seemingly looks no one in the eye when Rooney was mentioned (fox sports news).

Hope the Arse gets the Biter..... He will be a perfect distraction.... ARSEne will never be able to contain him....... Go on scousers sell him now. Come October he will be worth less than 10m.

I wonder where mystic is today ? probaly looking for his crystal ball biggrin.png

Maybe mrboj has given him the job of "re-educating his new pal the young yet effective ankle biter silva. Good luck to him with that....a gaze in that crystal ball would tell him they bought the wrong Brazilian.....back down the tanning shop Jack! tongue.png

The battle for Bale: Real Madrid may want him but United may now hold the key to signing the Tottenham superstar

By IAN LADYMAN

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 23 July 2013 | UPDATED: 23:55, 23 July 2013

According to those who know him, Gareth Bale remains a down-to-earth kind of footballer.

For example, when he plays for Wales in Cardiff, he still gets his mum Debbie to record the game so that he can go ‘home’ afterwards and watch it.

Success, they say, hasn’t changed him much. Even he, though, must have found his head swirling on Tuesday when the front page of Spanish sports paper Marca claimed — somewhat prematurely it appears — that he has agreed a six-year deal to join Real Madrid.

Bale, remember, wasn’t even a regular in the Tottenham team when Harry Redknapp arrived at White Hart Lane in 2008. Indeed, so unconvinced was Redknapp initially by the young left-back that he offered him to Manchester City as bait for Craig Bellamy.

Now, in the summer of 2013, Bale is one of Europe’s most sought-after footballers, coveted by Madrid and Manchester United, and destined, it seems, for the very highest level of the European game at some time in the next 12 months.

Spurs, of course, are trying to hang on for another season at least and who can blame them?

Without their most influential player, Andre Villas-Boas and his entertaining team will find themselves short of what is needed for a top-four finish.

With Bale still in harness, Tottenham still have a chance and no wonder Villas-Boas was talking in such belligerent fashion on Tuesday when asked in Hong Kong about the future of the 24-year-old.

‘I want to repeat what I was telling you last season and what I was telling you from the beginning of pre-season so I cannot extend myself,’ said Villas-Boas.

‘He’s a Tottenham player, he’s one of the most fantastic players in the world at the moment and we are counting on him for the future.’

It is easy to sympathise with Villas-Boas. Tottenham will sell Bale before long. It makes sense. The timing, though, is everything and it is clear that they will do what they can this summer to prevent him leaving, before September 1 heralds the closing of the summer trading window.

Interest from Real is genuine, as indeed it is from United. As it stands, an offer is most likely to come from Old Trafford.

It is hard to see Real testing Tottenham’s resistance while Cristiano Ronaldo remains at the Bernabeu and it is worth noting that Carlo Ancelotti also has another direct wide forward currently in his squad, Argentina international Angel di Maria.

Taking that into account, does Ancelotti need Bale? Not really. Not until Ronaldo leaves, at least, and when looked at from that angle it seems as though United may hold the key to all this.

As we know, United have flirted with the notion of a dramatic and sentimental return for Ronaldo. Some people in football insist it will still happen. As time moves on, however, it seems ever more difficult for United to pull off.

More possible is that the Barclays Premier League champions harden their interest in Bale himself.

Former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has long been a fan of the Welshman, having tried to bring him to Old Trafford before Spurs signed him from Southampton in 2007. Now that the baton has been passed to David Moyes at United, the admiration for Bale remains.

Moyes knows that Bale would bring an awful lot to his team but — as Sportsmail first reported in early June — United are reluctant to begin another period of painful sparring with their old adversary, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. Negotiations with Levy tend to be as painful and drawn out as pulling teeth and without any guarantee of a successful resolution.

United have experience — having bought Michael Carrick in 2006 and Dimitar Berbatov in 2008 — and it is this that makes them nervous.Equally, though, the club’s owners the Glazers want a marquee signing this summer and the more other avenues begin to close off the more likely a serious attempt to get Bale out of Tottenham becomes.

Luka Modric has long been on United’s back-up list as they look for a creative midfielder, while Moyes has a week to decide whether to close in on Everton’s Marouane Fellaini, as the Belgian’s £22m buy-out clause expires on July 31.

Certainly, the longer Barcelona’s stubbornness over Cesc Fabregas goes on, the more likely it is that something will have to give. United need players and Moyes has already indicated publicly this week that he cannot wait forever.United’s fanbase are also starting to get a little agitated. Moyes is aware of this and remains calm. When he looks across the landscape, though, he can see his rivals spending money, strengthening. If this doesn’t make him nervous yet then it soon will do.

Bale, for his part, is keen to better himself before long. Represented by the experienced agent Jonathan Barnett, he will get his move eventually and those of us who enjoy watching him play so much can only hope he remains in the Premier League.

There are too few of his ilk left. For once it’s all too easy to understand all the fuss.

redrus

I wonder which BS headline is gonna challenge us today? Hopefully Redruns is on his own thread trying to dissect their 3-2 defeat..... .

I don't dissect defeats, thats for the team and the manager, I move on, quickly..... ;)

Anyway, good morning/afternoon gents.....

redrus

I wonder which BS headline is gonna challenge us today? Hopefully Redruns is on his own thread trying to dissect their 3-2 defeat..... .

I don't dissect defeats, thats for the team and the manager, I move on, quickly..... wink.png

redrus

Morning rus....so....are you on here checking to see if we have signed an expensive striker so you can plunder our midfield?

I know your game but....remember....you can't afford £85m. biggrin.png plus the usual £10m man Yoo surcharge of course! clap2.gif

The battle for Bale: Real Madrid may want him but United may now hold the key to signing the Tottenham superstar

By IAN LADYMAN

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 23 July 2013 | UPDATED: 23:55, 23 July 2013

According to those who know him, Gareth Bale remains a down-to-earth kind of footballer.

For example, when he plays for Wales in Cardiff, he still gets his mum Debbie to record the game so that he can go ‘home’ afterwards and watch it.

Success, they say, hasn’t changed him much. Even he, though, must have found his head swirling on Tuesday when the front page of Spanish sports paper Marca claimed — somewhat prematurely it appears — that he has agreed a six-year deal to join Real Madrid.

Bale, remember, wasn’t even a regular in the Tottenham team when Harry Redknapp arrived at White Hart Lane in 2008. Indeed, so unconvinced was Redknapp initially by the young left-back that he offered him to Manchester City as bait for Craig Bellamy.

Now, in the summer of 2013, Bale is one of Europe’s most sought-after footballers, coveted by Madrid and Manchester United, and destined, it seems, for the very highest level of the European game at some time in the next 12 months.

Spurs, of course, are trying to hang on for another season at least and who can blame them?

Without their most influential player, Andre Villas-Boas and his entertaining team will find themselves short of what is needed for a top-four finish.

With Bale still in harness, Tottenham still have a chance and no wonder Villas-Boas was talking in such belligerent fashion on Tuesday when asked in Hong Kong about the future of the 24-year-old.

‘I want to repeat what I was telling you last season and what I was telling you from the beginning of pre-season so I cannot extend myself,’ said Villas-Boas.

‘He’s a Tottenham player, he’s one of the most fantastic players in the world at the moment and we are counting on him for the future.’

It is easy to sympathise with Villas-Boas. Tottenham will sell Bale before long. It makes sense. The timing, though, is everything and it is clear that they will do what they can this summer to prevent him leaving, before September 1 heralds the closing of the summer trading window.

Interest from Real is genuine, as indeed it is from United. As it stands, an offer is most likely to come from Old Trafford.

It is hard to see Real testing Tottenham’s resistance while Cristiano Ronaldo remains at the Bernabeu and it is worth noting that Carlo Ancelotti also has another direct wide forward currently in his squad, Argentina international Angel di Maria.

Taking that into account, does Ancelotti need Bale? Not really. Not until Ronaldo leaves, at least, and when looked at from that angle it seems as though United may hold the key to all this.

As we know, United have flirted with the notion of a dramatic and sentimental return for Ronaldo. Some people in football insist it will still happen. As time moves on, however, it seems ever more difficult for United to pull off.

More possible is that the Barclays Premier League champions harden their interest in Bale himself.

Former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has long been a fan of the Welshman, having tried to bring him to Old Trafford before Spurs signed him from Southampton in 2007. Now that the baton has been passed to David Moyes at United, the admiration for Bale remains.

Moyes knows that Bale would bring an awful lot to his team but — as Sportsmail first reported in early June — United are reluctant to begin another period of painful sparring with their old adversary, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. Negotiations with Levy tend to be as painful and drawn out as pulling teeth and without any guarantee of a successful resolution.

United have experience — having bought Michael Carrick in 2006 and Dimitar Berbatov in 2008 — and it is this that makes them nervous.Equally, though, the club’s owners the Glazers want a marquee signing this summer and the more other avenues begin to close off the more likely a serious attempt to get Bale out of Tottenham becomes.

Luka Modric has long been on United’s back-up list as they look for a creative midfielder, while Moyes has a week to decide whether to close in on Everton’s Marouane Fellaini, as the Belgian’s £22m buy-out clause expires on July 31.

Certainly, the longer Barcelona’s stubbornness over Cesc Fabregas goes on, the more likely it is that something will have to give. United need players and Moyes has already indicated publicly this week that he cannot wait forever.United’s fanbase are also starting to get a little agitated. Moyes is aware of this and remains calm. When he looks across the landscape, though, he can see his rivals spending money, strengthening. If this doesn’t make him nervous yet then it soon will do.

Bale, for his part, is keen to better himself before long. Represented by the experienced agent Jonathan Barnett, he will get his move eventually and those of us who enjoy watching him play so much can only hope he remains in the Premier League.

There are too few of his ilk left. For once it’s all too easy to understand all the fuss.

redrus

Thanks for that, now tell us something we don't know laugh.png

I don't dissect defeats, thats for the team and the manager, I move on, quickly..... wink.png

redrus

Morning rus....so....are you on here checking to see if we have signed an expensive striker so you can plunder our midfield?

I know your game but....remember....you can't afford £85m. biggrin.png plus the usual £10m man Yoo surcharge of course! clap2.gif

Don't be daft 1936.............,

We've got buckets of cash, marquee signings galore and, owners to die for........ (literally) w00t.gif

'We buy when we want, we buy when we waaaaaaaaant,

We're Man United, we buy when we waaaant....'

(If its ok with the other team and we pay enough money and we beg and we............, oh you get the message)

redrus